NT what are you reading? vol. put the TV remote down, pick up a book!

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

The Friedman book is about 500+ pages. I started it today and read the first chapter, it's very interesting to say the least. I'm a History major but I've always loved reading history from a more journalistic perspective, it's just so much more interesting for some reason.

Definitely going to read Fight Club first though, should take much less time.
The last history book I read was "your country failed you" by richard clarke. It was interesting, and eye opening but just sooooo drythat I stopped reading halfway through. I want to go back and read it but it's so disheartining to see how the war in iraq was doomed from the very start.(from a militiristic standpoint, not morally cause looking back we shouldn't have been there)

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

loneliness.large.jpg
hmm i may read this book for a psychology paper i need to write. is it a difficult read? and how long is it?

right now i'm just reading my textbooks (-_-)

for leisure i'm reading snuff by chuck palahniuk... but i have no time really

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

The Friedman book is about 500+ pages. I started it today and read the first chapter, it's very interesting to say the least. I'm a History major but I've always loved reading history from a more journalistic perspective, it's just so much more interesting for some reason.

Definitely going to read Fight Club first though, should take much less time.
The last history book I read was "your country failed you" by richard clarke. It was interesting, and eye opening but just sooooo dry that I stopped reading halfway through. I want to go back and read it but it's so disheartining to see how the war in iraq was doomed from the very start. (from a militiristic standpoint, not morally cause looking back we shouldn't have been there)
Yeah I've been noticing that quite a bit too. I'll pick up certain history books that don't pertain to subject matter I'mprimarily interested in and make it half way through and have to stop. Now though, even things I'm interested in I can't read because they tend to be abit on the boring side. History books are mainly good for reference. Kind of sucks that I'm realizing this now
laugh.gif

read the great gatsby.

probably pick up the sookie stackhouse series when i go back to america

Currently? GMAT Direct lol. Before that Stori Telling Autobiography of Tori Spellting. Looking forward to a few before years end...

1. The Recipe Club
2. Womanomics or Mercury in Retrograde (something a little more light hearted)
3. Letters to a Young Sister

I also want to read Fight Club (one of my all time fav movies). I'm thinking I need to invest in the library because buying all of these books hurts thewallet lol.

just finished revolutionary suicide by huey p. newton & miseducation of the negro by carter g. woodson, which i will be reading again because i know ididn't pick up on a lot of stuff

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

After putting it off for so long
karamazov.jpg
roll.gif

this book has been sitting in my crib for about two years. i just can't prepare myself, it's like 1000 pages. Plus i'm sure somethings are lost intranslation.

on my kindle: when you are engulfed in flames - david sedaris

on my iphone: pride and prejudice (it was free haha)

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by ImSoLA

outliers.jpg
tell us how that goes, Blink was good its probably the same concept
grin.gif
nerd.gif

finished it. great book. pretty similar to the tipping point. one thing i found interesting was being born on certain months can determine your success as ahockey player. not to mention 10000 hours is what it takes approximately to master something. nonpassive of course.

Back
Top Bottom