NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Bells Hopslam will be hitting the shelves next week here in Michigan... Should have easy access to it and will prob stock up for the year a little at a time... I am cutting back on my beer drinking to get into shape but this will need to be copped.

Hopslam is one of the best beers I've tasted and I'm not even a fan of that style

Trying this now

Bells Hopslam will be hitting the shelves next week here in Michigan... Should have easy access to it and will prob stock up for the year a little at a time... I am cutting back on my beer drinking to get into shape but this will need to be copped.

wanna trade me for anything in SD, CA?

Todays pick ups. I think i've tried the Dunkel once before but I'm not entirely sure, new beer of the week is the Ayinger Dunkel Weizen, high reviews/ratings so hopefully it's tasty :smokin

and to balance out the recent malts & wheats binge a double hopped IPA :pimp:

cheers :nthat:

Just finished the Ayinger Ur-Weisse Dunkel(5.8% ABV), this is probably one of the smoothest brews I've ever drank. Taste kind of bready, with light hints of fruit on the after taste. I drank this entire glass in about 3-4 minutes, it's just that drinkable :pimp: :pimp: more of this will be purchased for sure.

I would highly recommend fellow beer connoisseurs to try this if ever possible. super delicious, no bitterness, well balanced.

Last edited:
Is DFH really worth going to their Ale House for? I want to try their 75 minute IPA they have now and the 120 minute IPA they'll have come February.

any info on this, i haven't been able to find it anywhere, been searching since the summer

Bump for this ghost town of a thread :lol: ....

Had the Ruination IPA 2 weeks ago for da second time and really didn't like it, got me very buzzed but the bitterness of IPA's is not what i'm feeling right now.

Everything Ayinger I've had has been stellar and delicious, especially the ur-weisse/ur-weisse dunkel. Paulener Hefe is also very good.

Last thing I copped was a 6er of Dale's Pale Ale. Pretty good and I like craft beer in cans - so much easier to transport etc..

I always see it in grocery stores or high end liqour stores.

Its nasty tho. Real nasty.

Reminds me of dip spit
really? damn i was hyped about it since my cousin texted me a picture a few months back, i haven't seen it at all

Since December I've had a fair amount of trappist beers, which almost always have a high abv% (usually somewhere around 10).

The St. Bernardus had a very wine-like taste, though it was pretty good I preferred the Christmas ale to it. The Trappistes Rochefort was smooth, dark, and malty, surprising considering its alcohol strength. The Westmalle was ridiculously smooth, almost like a blonde ale with hints of citrus. The Orval was not good, at all. It didn't seem to have any real flavor or kick to it, it was seriously outclassed by the other three.

Another Strong beer, Lost Abbey's Inferno tasted like a golden ale, smooth at first, with some alcohol bitterness towards the end. I had always wanted to try La Chouffe (I always call it the troll beer for the label). It tasted okay, but REALLY smelled like weed to me, kinda distracting.

Lastly, after reading some people's comments on here I finally tried Ruthless Rye and Old Chico crystal wheat by Sierra Nevada. The Ruthless Rye was okay to me, but I really liked the Crystal Wheat for still being able to taste the wheat despite its lightness, highly recommended to those who haven't had it.

Drinking left hand 400lb Monkey right now. Not bad. A little light and malty for an IPA but not bad. I wish the liquor store near me carried Stone and BR. :frown:

for any of you SoCal beer lovers, hit up Monkish Brewing Co. in Torrance.
http://www.monkishbrewing.com/
Belgian style beers. All delicious.

Highlights included "Vigil" = Belgian-styled dark wheat ale with thyme (which is the one on the far left of the pic up top)
and the "Magnificat" = Belgian-style Christmas ale with spices (which is on the far right in the above pic)
You can buy and refill growlers.

-J-

for any of you SoCal beer lovers, hit up Monkish Brewing Co. in Torrance.
Belgian style beers. All delicious.
-J-

I've tried their 'False Prophet' on tap a few months ago and found it hard to drink, regretted buying it, but I'll keep your recc's in mind.

Back
Top Bottom