NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I had a Racer 5 last night at dinner.
I just can't do IPA's. I just can't. Not appealing to me at all. I've tried. I really have.
Don't get me wrong. When they talk about craftsmanship in beer, this totally has it. You could almost taste the quality of the ingredients (may sound funny).
I just can't get down with pine cones and grass.
It pained me as a beer drinker that I didn't like it.
Oh well.
I really enjoyed the Firestone Walker Hef that I had first though.

-J-

I had a Racer 5 last night at dinner.
I just can't do IPA's. I just can't. Not appealing to me at all. I've tried. I really have.
Don't get me wrong. When they talk about craftsmanship in beer, this totally has it. You could almost taste the quality of the ingredients (may sound funny).
I just can't get down with pine cones and grass.
It pained me as a beer drinker that I didn't like it.
Oh well.
I really enjoyed the Firestone Walker Hef that I had first though.

-J-

I'm with you, I can't get into IPA's, easily my least fav style

I was the same way with ipas for awhile. Not that you'll automatically change the more you drink (maybe you have ten yrs on me already). But at some point in time, my taste buds changed. Ipa beers became drinkable. I still need them to be colder than recommended. And sometimes they just don't taste well. Ill admit, I need at least two Ipa sips to get my mouth used to hops before the taste had subsided to suitable levels. After getting into ipas, I found myself liking coffee based stouts. I don't even like coffee( never actually tried any hot but the appeal has never been there).

My advice , keep randomly trying once in awhile. Keep your taste buds open. I swore off ipas after three years of hating them. Then I found one I liked. So you never know.

Today's choice:

10.6% of goodness. Shoulda bought two lol

Try widmer's hefeweizen. You'll prolly like it

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to remember to try that. Next on the list to try is the 21st amendment hell or high watermelon. Looking for a place that sells a six pack. 35 bucks a case is a little steep for a college kid lol

To celebrate the 4th....

The search for a sixer of the High or Hell Watermelon continues

I'll post a review probably tomorrow once I inhale this entire thing

Last edited:
To celebrate the 4th....

The search for a sixer of the High or Hell Watermelon continues

I'll post a review probably tomorrow once I inhale this entire thing

Still can't find it? That stuff is not gonna be easy to drink in the heat lol

BA is good though

Last edited:
Still can't find it? That stuff is not gonna be easy to drink in the heat lol

BA is good though
Luckily I'll be inside all day just watching movies lol

I found several places that sell a case but I'm just looking for a six pack or shoot, a bar that serves it. The only bar down here that serves it has been out the last two times I've been there. And it's impossible to find a bottle shop as well that sells Micros

Luckily I'll be inside all day just watching movies lol

I found several places that sell a case but I'm just looking for a six pack or shoot, a bar that serves it. The only bar down here that serves it has been out the last two times I've been there. And it's impossible to find a bottle shop as well that sells Micros

damn that sucks man; you are in Harrisburg for the summer? You could always trek to King of Prussia and hit up Wegman's and just stock up

Thought I was the only one. I think Wheat beers might be my favorite
Thought I was the only one. I think Wheat beers might be my favorite
Funny how I love IPAs but I can't enjoy wheat beers. There's maybe 2 or 3 that I have tried and enjoyed but they're heavily hopped like Lagunitas sumpin sumpin. Can any wheat beerdrinkers recommend something similar??

damn that sucks man; you are in Harrisburg for the summer? You could always trek to King of Prussia and hit up Wegman's and just stock up
Yeah man I'm in Harrisburg, nothing but Beer Distributors and pizza places 

Wegman's sells Beer??? I did not know that, I just assumed that they were a grocery place so they couldn't sell alcohol due to PA laws

I'm actually headed back to Philly this weekend. Straight shot on the turnpike for me but I might have to hit up that KOP exit. Do they sell a lot of microbrews? There's a ton I wanna sample:

High or Hell Watermelon

Allagash White

Widmer's hefeweizen

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis

Victory Summer Love

Funny how I love IPAs but I can't enjoy wheat beers. There's maybe 2 or 3 that I have tried and enjoyed but they're heavily hopped like Lagunitas sumpin sumpin. Can any wheat beerdrinkers recommend something similar??
Never had the Lagunitas but my favorite wheat beer that I've tried thus far is Troeg's Dreamweaver. It's an unfiltered wheat. It's spicy but in a good way. Also has a hint of banana. 

Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat is also very very good imo. It's readily available anywhere and it's fairly inexpensive. Just don't chug it like I did for some reason lol. It will taste lke straight cough medicine

I used to love cherry wheat when I was new to drinking. Sweetness cut the bitterness. But now I can't handle sweet beers at all. Cherry wheat tastes like molasses to me now. Even creme brulee is too much for me, although it's highly rated and whatever.

Today I'll be chillin on some miller light for the better part of the day because most people I'll be around aren't craft folk. But I will have some sour in the rye from the bruery. Some blue Sunday sour from new Holland. And some sierra Nevada southern hemisphere.

Yeah man I'm in Harrisburg, nothing but Beer Distributors and pizza places 

Wegman's sells Beer??? I did not know that, I just assumed that they were a grocery place so they couldn't sell alcohol due to PA laws

I'm actually headed back to Philly this weekend. Straight shot on the turnpike for me but I might have to hit up that KOP exit. Do they sell a lot of microbrews? There's a ton I wanna sample:

High or Hell Watermelon
Allagash White
Widmer's hefeweizen
Sierra Nevada Kellerweis
Victory Summer Love

Yeah man Wegmans in KOP is insane they have EVERYTHING; they have a bar inside which is how they are able to sell beer; they have all those you just listed

aisles and aisles of beer

Yeah man Wegmans in KOP is insane they have EVERYTHING; they have a bar inside which is how they are able to sell beer; they have all those you just listed

aisles and aisles of beer
eek.gif

I know some places allow you to do a mix and match six pack. Do you know if it's the same case there? If so, I might have to pick up like 3 sixers have just straight samples of every kind imaginable so I can start to see what I really like in a beer

:wow:

I know some places allow you to do a mix and match six pack. Do you know if it's the same case there? If so, I might have to pick up like 3 sixers have just straight samples of every kind imaginable so I can start to see what I really like in a beer

they do have mix and match; you gotta check out Wegmans in KOP; I thought you know about this treasure chest :lol:

they do have mix and match; you gotta check out Wegmans in KOP; I thought you know about this treasure chest
laugh.gif
I usually go to the one in Warminster and it's usually my mom who goes in while I chill in the car 
laugh.gif

I googled this and apparently all the PA Wegmans sell alcohol now. And there's one in Mechanicsburg which is like 15 min from my place. /Gameover, luckily I just got paid 
laugh.gif

Sam Cherry Wheat, Lancaster Strawberry Wheat, Southern Tier Raspberry Wheat, 21st Amendement Hell or High Watermelon Wheat
The Lancaster Strawberry Wheat is very very good. Probably one of my favorites. I can't put my finger on it, but it kinda smells like Strawberry shortcake. Taste wise, it has all the flavorful qualities of Strawberry without the overpowering sweetness. 

It's also a PA brew too 
nthat.gif

I used to love cherry wheat when I was new to drinking. Sweetness cut the bitterness. But now I can't handle sweet beers at all. Cherry wheat tastes like molasses to me now. Even creme brulee is too much for me, although it's highly rated and whatever.

Today I'll be chillin on some miller light for the better part of the day because most people I'll be around aren't craft folk. But I will have some sour in the rye from the bruery. Some blue Sunday sour from new Holland. And some sierra Nevada southern hemisphere.
Sour in the rye is amazing! It quickly became one of my favorite beers and The bruery is becoming one of my favorite breweries.

Took Still's advice and went for the Dogfish Raison. Drank two in like fifteen minutes. Huge mistake.

Festina Peche will be next.

Back
Top Bottom