NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Some Brooklyn Lager Silver Anniversary!

Pliny the Younger.

Man, I really enjoyed this. Honestly almost perfect. I was able to be in and out of the bar in 20 minutes, I went during lunch. Would I wait hours on end for it, nope! But then again I wouldn't wait that long for anything, let alone beer. I will say though if you do have the chance, without breaking your back for it, it is one of the best beers I've ever had.

Bomber for the evening
Stochasticity Project Grapefruit Slam IPA
8.2% ABV

Apparently a 'Stone' company beer

- I caught some reviews before trying it and tend to agree with them.. 92/100
Amazing clarity. The smell is of grapefruit (duh lol), piney hops, and some other tropical fruits. Not very floral hop smell wise, more of the citrus variety. Alcohol is very well hidden here. I tend to feel this one suffers the most when you are about to swallow, there is very little malt backbone to back it up. I taste mostly watered down sweetness. To start, I'd say it tasted a bit like elevated IPA. But elevated shines in the mouthfeel. Hop profile is similar (both have centennial and chinook... Elevated has many more. This one has magnum). The thin mouthfeel combined with the booze is a dangerous combo.. It's great, but the cost is a big factor imho.

Easy call for me.. I can buy three times as much elevated for the same price as this bomber.. Bombers have to really impress. So far I have sorta been let down with my purchases... Motto, stick to what I know.

Last edited:

Pliny the Younger.

Man, I really enjoyed this. Honestly almost perfect. I was able to be in and out of the bar in 20 minutes, I went during lunch. Would I wait hours on end for it, nope! But then again I wouldn't wait that long for anything, let alone beer. I will say though if you do have the chance, without breaking your back for it, it is one of the best beers I've ever had.

Nice.. you think it will be packed before noon? say 1030 - 11 I was trying to go there tomorrow.

Pliny the Younger.

Nice.. you think it will be packed before noon? say 1030 - 11 I was trying to go there tomorrow.

I went to my local bar, the Bistro, which is in Downtown Hayward. They tapped the keg at noon, and there was a bunch of people waiting already. I'm not sure if there will be anything tomorrow. If the Bistro is where you're going, call ahead. The folks there are real nice and honest, and will let you know straight up.

I am actually planning on going to Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa. That is cool though they have it there. I have a lot of family there in Hayward.. maybe I should pay them a visit. And the Bistro lol

Pliny the Younger.

I must be the only person in the world who likes PtE more than PtY *kanye shrug*

Last edited:

Pliny the Younger.

I must be the only person in the world who likes PtE more than PtY *kanye shrug*

Youre not alone, man. If I had to wait for Younger longer than 20 minutes, I would have left and picked up Elder with no problems. I am super glad to have tried it, but I wouldn't break my back for it. It is however, an almost perfect beer. For being a Triple IPA, its so balanced and fresh. But I can say that Elder is also almost perfect, imo, and the ease of acquiring it, makes it that much better.

Pliny the Younger.

Nice, I'm hoping to try some this weekend at a local bar. Had PtE today for lunch at a local spot :smokin

I know it's the west coast guys who always make me jealous for PtE. How would you compare it to HT? I was so hyped for Pliny a couple years back and I took a last minute vacation back. Pliny was amazing. It blew me away. But when I had fresh heady in a trade (by surprise I might add) I thought it was a tad better than PtE. Same with hopslam. When I was upset cause I don't get it i was hyped on it. The first year I tried it I was sold. Last year was miles and miles better than this year IMHO.

Anyway. Cheers bros.

I am in Santa Rosa, ready for that Younger.. I will post pics after. Any recommendations for food at this brewery.

Havent had the food...

But while youre there, definitely try Blind Pig IPA, and if youre into sours, try Supplication and Consecration.

And let me know how Shadow of a Doubt is too! :lol:

Lol..I still need to drive home, limiting my self to 3 brews and taking home a growler, but I'll try the Blind Pig for sure , I'll have my girl try the shadow of a doubt and give me a review I can try and type haha.

I was able to get a case of Zombie Dust at Three Floyds last week. Pretty much all I've been drinking. It's a lot better fresh than if it's been sitting for awhile.

My NT brethren.. officially toasted. And yes Shadow of a doubt is excellant
Left is blind pig , right is SOAD.

Last edited:
Jealous of all y'all get to try all these hyped beers. Feels like we get no love down in Texas. Drinking hi res and pranqster tonight.

Back
Top Bottom