NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

wow, really impressed with the sierra nevada beer camp special edition 12 pack. glad i picked up two, this first one's gonna be gone quick!

Last edited:
^ Big Eye is a solid IPA. If it wasn't for Sculpin, it would probably get more praise.

Sipping on some fresh Pliny tonight. Bottled 8/23. So damn smooth!

Last edited:
For people that don't get founders in their area

Let me know if you are interested in trading for some 4 packs of it

Interested in trades for hyped stuff that is not available in my area (pte, heady topper, 3 Floyd's, etc.)

Another beer if be willing to of this for further down the road is nugget nectar...I'll probably go to Tröegs when this is released to buy myself a case...so it would def be fresh

Last edited:
Dropped by Wegmans today and grabbed a couple of bombers of pumpkin beer

Only had one pumpkin beer and I wasn't impressed...I don't think the style gels with me because the one I had is very well received on BA (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1666/39371/) but I'll give it another shot

Besides, most fall seasonal beers are either Oktoberfest or pumpkin and I've had enough Oktoberfest beers to rule out that I just don't care for the style

Maybe I'll let them warm up for a bit when I drink them, assuming that the pumpkin and spice flavors will become more pronounced

Got a big, heavy box at work today from one of my best friends who lives in Chicago.

Opened it and found this inside...

And if you can get the new Boulevard Hibiscus Gose it's pretty incredible too.

Scored big time today! Local spot got in some week old Grapefruit Sculpin. Surprised to see these in Norcal but i'm not complaining :lol:.

Did you try the Spotted Cow? That's good beer but that f'ing Spotted Cow is SOOOOO over rated. 

I've had it before...and I agree, it's good but not the second coming as everyone thinks it is.

Although, if I lived in Wisconsin and it was as cheap as Miller, Coors and PBR products (as it is I think) I'd be drinking it all the time too.

That I agree with and that's how I typically explain it. It's just a good crisp/light beer, really. Stupid Wisconsin. All they have is New Glarus and the Packers. Poor state 
laugh.gif

darn Neo, a day LATE. I so want to try that stuff. Maybe next time, or if you really really like the stuff you try Friday, you can save me one lol

Last edited:
Decided to lose my mind and blow a bunch of money on craftcity.com just now. Here's what my order's looking like:

Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour x 1

Almanac Dogpatch Sour x 1

Almanac Farmer's Reserve Blackberry x1

Cascade Noyaux x 1

Cascade Sang Royal x 1

Alpine Duet x 1

Pizza Port Swami's IPA (6 pack) x 1

Modern Times Black House (4 pack) x 1

Modern Times Blazing World (4 pack) x 1

Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin x 1

...did I win?

I'm mad I didn't try any Ballast point stuff when I was on the west coast.
You can find Ballast Point on the east coast.  I'm in NY and I can get just about all of their regular offerings no problem.  They only problem is you have to be hypervigilant about dates out here.  Sculpin tends to have a shelf life of about 3 hours before it starts falling off.

darn Neo, a day LATE. I so want to try that stuff. Maybe next time, or if you really really like the stuff you try Friday, you can save me one lol

I was thinking the same thing when I got them haha. I'm sure we can work something out later.

Decided to lose my mind and blow a bunch of money on craftcity.com just now. Here's what my order's looking like:
Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour x 1
Almanac Dogpatch Sour x 1
Almanac Farmer's Reserve Blackberry x1
Cascade Noyaux x 1
Cascade Sang Royal x 1
Alpine Duet x 1
Pizza Port Swami's IPA (6 pack) x 1
Modern Times Black House (4 pack) x 1
Modern Times Blazing World (4 pack) x 1
Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin x 1

...did I win?

I've tried all of those minus the Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour and Cascade Sours. Very good choices!

Am I alone in the pumpkin haters club?
Not at all. The only one I really enjoy is Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Only got that Almanac one because it's really a sour with pumpkin aged in wine barrels, and that sounds somewhat interesting to me.

Let me know how that is, it does sound a little intriguing.

I enjoy exactly ONE pumpkin flavored thing, and that is Eggos waffles. :smokin

My wife and all her friends buy pumpkin everything and none of them, except the waffles, are things I enjoy.

Pumpkin beers are my least favorite style too.. La Cumbre has a solid one. But I think its so favorable because of its high ABV.. The lower ones that try to be sweet but cant balance out, are just destined for some "lady" who really likes the sweet beers. Ive seen Warlock in here and another pumpkin beer that seems to be quite prominent. I cant say that ive tried those, or really posse a desire to try them.

I dropped $12 for a yet another small pumpkin sampling of basic beer store offerings.. We have:
Sam Adams Pumpkin Harvest Ale
Shocktop Pumpkin
Buffalo Bills Pumpkin
Shipyard Pumpkin
Blue Moon Pumpkin
Stambrouise pumpkin
Maybe one will be interesting enough for a followup drink. It's mainly for the females who seem intrigued at this sweet beer offering.

lol @ tee eye ehm.. If I can get the females interested in a beer flight sampling, it can only lead to good things.. Other style offerings etc....

Comparison Ford, never heard of that site. They apparently ship to me too. Not sure how legal that is. Prices seem decent.. Nice haul there for yourself. Are they just skirting some laws at this point in time?
----------

In other news, I have tried a few Oktoberfest beers, all on their own. I have come to a conclusion on a couple... So far I have tried, Sam Adams OF, Santa Fe Brewing OF, Shiner OF, and Pyramid OF.

Pyramid OF is the highest ABV at 6.7. It seemed a touch hoppy too. So style wise, it seemed way off.. Flavor and mouthfeel was okay. But not at all to the style offerings as the others, and it seemed boozy. Maybe if you like a malty, hoppy lager?
Sam Adams seemed to run a touch sweet or heavy in the mouthfeel. It's a lager, it should be crisp.
That left Santa Fe and Shiner.. I would almost call it a tie between the two in the crispness and malt backbone category... Last year I blind tasted 10.. Im not sure I will go that far this year. But this individual sampling seemed to give better info

Not much of a pumpkin beer guy myself. Tried the Shocktop Harvest Pumpkin Ale over the weekend at a house party, thought it was okay. Other one i've had prior was from Sam Adams which was also meh.

Wally, keep your eyes peeled for the package Friday. There may be an OF beer in there :wink:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom