NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

lil pickup

Beer reviews on ba are the most pretentious things I've ever seen, i can't even take them seriously. Drinking some left hand wake up dead Russian imperial stout, nice way to call it night. That 10.5% sneaks up on you.

Beer reviews on ba are the most pretentious things I've ever seen, i can't even take them seriously. Drinking some left hand wake up dead Russian imperial stout, nice way to call it night. That 10.5% sneaks up on you.
I had a friend over last night and we were 
roll.gif
over one dude's review of Cigar City's Cucumber Saison (we were drinking it at the time).

I love beer, don't get me wrong...but some dudes are just so extra on that site. 
laugh.gif

Did you try that Horchata Ale? I actually found Blue Moon's 24 Winter pack which has 4 bottle of it, yesterday, but it's gonna be a couple days before I am able to try it. I'm glad I got to try that Stickee Monkey; may I ask what you paid for that? I shelled out $30 in a restaurant about a week ago which was steep but man was it good. 

Yup, it's good for what it is. You def get a lot of cinnamon in the aroma. Tasted like liquid churros haha. Very clean and crisp. One of the better Blue Moon variants. Stickee Monkee was $16 btw.

Trelvis Tha Thrilla, if you ever want to try some NM beers, let me know.

I was giving advance notice to a couple of guys here.. NOW. It's finally happening.

BvNY4agCEAAp_RU.jpg:large

Welp.. It's happening sooner than I expected.. A monday release is set.. They set themselves up for some hype to build with 6 days advance notice... Apparently it's around a 8.7% ABV, whereas Dank is 7.5 and Father Nelson was a 10%.. This is actually right in that HT DIPA realm. I'll be doing nothing but saving up for that Monday release. Those guys I've talked with before, let me know if you want one. it may be a one time transaction where I buy a case and leave it at that.

That label is pretty awesome :smokin. I may have to hit you up haha.

I need a kegerator in my life [emoji]128557[/emoji]
I have one. Let me tell you this; it was single-handedly  the best/worst investment I ever purchased. I've gone thru a lot of beer when I first got it and it was all half barrels. Then I realized that a half barrel of ANYTHING is WAY too f'ing much beer unless you plan on throwing a college style kegger. With that said, all I buy any more are 1/4 or 1/5th barrels.

Mostly what I've been buying is a 1/5th of  Root Beer Beer (which a buddy I work with, his pops and Uncle own the brewery) so I save a few bucks on a keg of it. But it's 10% alcohol which you can't taste so throw some ice in it on a hot *** day, and man is it good as ****. It can get sweet, but it's fantastic, and they actually brew their own root beer for the root beer beer.

I wish they would bottle it but they haven't started yet even tho it's taking over out here. But best bet, keep an eye out for a fridge on CL, or a friend trying to dump one and use that.  Then buy a kegerator kit and go from there. 

Last edited:
Long day at work so I decided to crack open the 2013 DDBA. Super smooth! That extra year really help calm down the heat. I'm getting some toffee, caramel, vanilla, coconut and faint booze. Like sipping on a dessert!

^ Super jelly! If can score some more and don't mind shipping some my way, let me know!

Speaking of Sculpin, picked up a pretty fresh sixer today (2 weeks old) and a few bottles of Evil Twin's Aun Mas Cafe Jesus (basically their Even More Jesus with coffee).

Last edited:
Thoughts on this Big Bottle Sam Adams bottles? Thinking of getting 2 today but I've never tried them and have no idea what expect.

These are what I'm talking about : 

I've had the Blonde Ale a while ago and it was nothing to write home about, to be honest. Not bad but "typical" maybe? I hardly remember but I do remember having it. 

Does that green one say Sour Brown Ale? I don't even see that on their website.

^ Super jelly! If can score some more and don't mind shipping some my way, let me know!

Speaking of Sculpin, picked up a pretty fresh sixer today (2 weeks old) and a few bottles of Evil Twin's Aun Mas Cafe Jesus (basically their Even More Jesus with coffee).

I wish I could've gotten more. No one sold the six packs. I got my hands on 3 bottles. One shop had a limit of 2 the other had a limit of 1. My gf refused to go with me to pick them up so I missed out on getting 2 more.

Comparison Ford, looks like it's just went down. ie the drop.. Be on the lookout.

Pain meds and beer don't match. But luckily, some minor surgery didn't require more than a couple days of medication.. So I am back..

Not sure if it was a good choice but I went with a La Cumbre Project Dank this afternoon.

Comparison Ford, this batch is quite a bit different than the last one you tried. Vigorous carbonation visually compared to many other batches. This doenst really affect the taste too too much. But it was noticeable to me. Very bitter up front and all around. It does balance out, but this one is lingering around a bit longer than other Danks. Its always dry. But I'm tasting more of that earthy, grassy dankness that the name of the beer was named after. So it may be a shock since you tried and liked the 7/12 batch. But I can't say its any worse or any better than the others... just different. Burp wise, lol, I'm picking up some dill/pickles.. That Nelson type of aftermath... I gotta say, once you take about 6 sips, your mouth is a bit wrecked. So itll be a much more subtle experience (if not, better). Bitterness definitely stays around this time. Great all around flavors though.

Later tonight, since the IPAs were laughing in my face this week, I finally get to drink some Bell's Two Hearted Ale, elevated IPA cans I've had for weeks, and a Lagunitas Sucks 32 ozer...

Wish me luck

Last edited:

picked up the essence and 5 monks.

essence: aroma had some sweetness and citrus notes and some floral notes. taste had a lot of hops, oranges come forward and grapefruit after. also a hint of caramel at the end. it also had bits of pulp from the oranges and grapefruit which i liked. it was a really good DIPA.

will get to the 5 monks this weekend lol.

Last edited:
I wish I could've gotten more. No one sold the six packs. I got my hands on 3 bottles. One shop had a limit of 2 the other had a limit of 1. My gf refused to go with me to pick them up so I missed out on getting 2 more.

All good man. Didn't know they that hard to come by. The hunt continues.

amazing. aroma is very sweet. lots of caramel/toffee, dark fruits, some vanilla and a woody characteristic from the bourbon barrels. Taste is similar to the aroma, it has lots of sweetness of caramel/toffee and dark fruits, and lots of bourbon barrel notes. Alcohol is definitely present, but for 19.4% it's surprisingly not overwhelming. You do feel the heat of alcohol in the chest but really drinkable. definitely a sipper. probably my favorite from avery right now.

Been posting more random or duplicate beers im drinking on untappd lately.

I do have some good news. I acquired a case of this full nelson dipa. If any of you all want one, two, or more, let me know. I'll probably drink two a week until I'm out.

Been posting more random or duplicate beers im drinking on untappd lately.

I do have some good news. I acquired a case of this full nelson dipa. If any of you all want one, two, or more, let me know. I'll probably drink two a week until I'm out.
How much for two of them shipped?

Last edited:
Haven't posted in awhile

A few things I've had recently

Had to buy it for the can...now renamed Beasly cause Ozzy Osbourne issued them a cease and desist

Flight at DFH in Rehobeth

90 minute out of the randall

Picked up a case of hop knife on my way out of Tröegs Sunday...bottled 8/18/14...if Tröegs is available to you and you like IPA's you should pick some up

Trelvis Tha Thrilla, if you ever want to try some NM beers, let me know.

I was giving advance notice to a couple of guys here.. NOW. It's finally happening.

BvNY4agCEAAp_RU.jpg:large

Welp.. It's happening sooner than I expected.. A monday release is set.. They set themselves up for some hype to build with 6 days advance notice... Apparently it's around a 8.7% ABV, whereas Dank is 7.5 and Father Nelson was a 10%.. This is actually right in that HT DIPA realm. I'll be doing nothing but saving up for that Monday release. Those guys I've talked with before, let me know if you want one. it may be a one time transaction where I buy a case and leave it at that.

Wally, I need this in my life. ASAP.

I took two month road trip with the family from the Outer Banks, North Carolina all the way back home to San Diego, CA to visit family. I had some amazing beers, some decent beers, and a few turd beers. But, all in all I have a lot of reviews coming in the next few says.

But seriously, Wally, let me hold one or two of those! :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom