NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Jesus. You guys are nuts. I wonder out of everybody here, if we were to get our livers biopsied, whose would be the most cirrhotic :lol:

Jesus. You guys are nuts. I wonder out of everybody here, if we were to get our livers biopsied, whose would be the most cirrhotic :lol:

:x :smh: :lol:

I've got to think mine would be pretty bad. Beer is consumed usually on the weekdays, and the weekends are full of whiskey, bourbon, AND beer.

I think I'm the oldest cat in this thread. I've been drinking a long time. My liver can't be very healthy. :lol:

Nice lineup you got there Wally. Other than a few of those, that looks very similar to what I have in my cellar :lol:. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these. Good luck on your journey haha.

Thanks. I've never really been a cellar type of guy. But it just started with a few and turned into half a fridge.. Now to cut back and have other non beer items in fridge, I have to drink them all eventually. And start off on a clean slate.

Then again, yall are scaring me with this liver talk. Maybe I find a way to cellar for much longer. I just feel this beer is casting a shadow over me, as weird as that sounds.

Cracked a Lagunitas Sucks for the first time during the Steelers/Ravens game, really enjoying it so far, the bite is perfect.

This was me and the wife's Friday night.
Both excellent but that Xocoveza was on another level. It is Mexican hot chocolate in beer form. Loved it.

Last edited:
Both excellent but that Xocoveza was on another level. It is Mexican hot chocolate in beer form. Loved it.

I hated tumescense. It's a shame. I love most of the bruery's and bottle logics releases but I couldn't get down with it.

I had these two last night: New Glarus Staghorn and Founders Imperial Stout. Both perfect for the cold and rainy weather. Staghorn is my favorite Oktoberfest and I look forward to it every year. The Founders is several months old now and is way better than I remember the first time. I was very impressed.

I'm going to the great lakes brew fest today. Looking forward to trying some tasty brews. And next week is Zwanze day, so will be celebrating that.

I'm going to the great lakes brew fest today. Looking forward to trying some tasty brews. And next week is Zwanze day, so will be celebrating that.
I tried so hard to get the day off to go! Have fun, report back. Some of my buddies are going to it. Get over to Southern Tier and Tree' Floyds! And if Small Town Brewery is there outta Wauconda, IL (don't think they are but if they are), get on that Root Beer Beer.

Last edited:

That mocha stout is awesome. Even the lady liked it. Had to pickup a few more bottles haha.

Here's a typical weekend haul, plus I had to buy extras for a birthday party.. I call this my average mans pickup.

Terrible photo so Heres a quick rundown.

-I got a ten fidy to close out my imperial stout sampling at 16 beers.
-We got a couple more pumpkin beers.
-Project Dank 9/8 was tasting as bitter as it ever has. Crazy unique experience imho..
-I spotted more santa fe summer pilsner.. Best by date is 10/24 but has been sold out for a solid 2 months now.
-I had a craving for Left Hand's Milk Stout.. It sorta didn't deliver.
-Abita Oktoberfest is one I havent tried yet...
-Ayinger Oktober-fest is out. Gotta love those Euro fruity yeast flavors...
-Flying Fish Oktoberfish is out... That may be my favorite OF styling right there. Perfect combo of flavors and crispness

Some breweries are just so slept on.. I went back to this place called Il Vicino, as they had their DIPA, and coffee stout still on tap from the week prior. It is rare that they last longer than a couple days, given the size of each batch.. But Im not complaing.. Ill be sucking down coffee stout all day today.

And speaking of Pumpkin Beers... We finally sat down last night and blasted through 11 of them.

None were memorable.. None were drain pour crap. Most were meh.. The BA scores rang true this evening.. I think the lowest was 68, with the highest around an 84.. The St. Ambrouise was the highest rated, and did seem to have the best flavor. Conclusion... We won't be buying any of these again this year

I rarely come to NT but I love DogFish 120 and Delirium Tremens, my local shop in Westport, CT hplds craft beer tastings every oher Friday from 4 - 7, I tried a new beer the other day I think it was called Pumpkinale it was delicious and tasted like Pumpkin Piwle

Some goodies came in the mail today. Heard a lot of great things about HDnR so looking forward to trying it.

And speaking of Pumpkin Beers... We finally sat down last night and blasted through 11 of them.

None were memorable.. None were drain pour crap. Most were meh.. The BA scores rang true this evening.. I think the lowest was 68, with the highest around an 84.. The St. Ambrouise was the highest rated, and did seem to have the best flavor. Conclusion... We won't be buying any of these again this year
I've had all those but two (I haven't had the 3rd & 4th from the right).  With that said, the Blue Moon is the best of that bunch. The Sams is okay, the rest aren't anything to write home about. 
I rarely come to NT but I love DogFish 120 and Delirium Tremens, my local shop in Westport, CT hplds craft beer tastings every oher Friday from 4 - 7, I tried a new beer the other day I think it was called Pumpkinale it was delicious and tasted like Pumpkin Piwle
DT is one of my favorite beers. The Nocturnum is very good, too.

Any of you guys like Belgian beer? I live there and I'm interesting in hearing some opinions.

I'm honestly not a big fan of beer but Jupiler is my favorite if I had to choose.

Other recommendations:

Hoegaarden

Delirium Tremens

Lindemans Kriek (this is a fruity woman's beer but honestly it's the best tasting beer I've ever had)

Last edited:
I'm a bit biased but anything Pumpkin 
laugh.gif

Just go back a page or two, there are quite a few listed specifically Pumking
nthat.gif

Any of you guys like Belgian beer? I live there and I'm interesting in hearing some opinions.
I'm honestly not a big fan of beer but Jupiler is my favorite if I had to choose.

Other recommendations:
Hoegaarden
Delirium Tremens
Lindemans Kriek (this is a fruity woman's beer but honestly it's the best tasting beer I've ever had)

Don't drink Belgian beers often but i do enjoy a Delirium Tremens or Chimay Blue/Red from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom