NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

We ended up opening one more.

Gandhi Bot is the beer that always ends up getting away from me too.  I've had a few trades where it was offered up, but the other person has always failed to deliver.

What's up with that?

Gandhi Bot is the beer that always ends up getting away from me too.  I've had a few trades where it was offered up, but the other person has always failed to deliver.

What's up with that?

It is treated like a black market beer here in CT. From my experience you have to know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody that delivers for NEBCO to get it. :lol:

Funny story as to how I got it. Last night, I was browsing a beer reddit and stumbled on a pretty decent bottle listing from a package store less than 10 min. from my house. I click over to their site and they had a sign up for an e-mail blast whenever they would get Bot in stock.... Sure, :rolleyes I signed up, knowing it would be BS and straight spam, but worth the shot.

So there I am, on the third hole of the golf course this afternoon, and I get the e-mail that they have 6 4-packs in stock. Considered ditching the round to grab some, but showed up about 2 hours later and snagged the last one. Ha!

Founder's must not want money with them not distributing in CA and all |I

ISO: FBS

Last edited:
Just cracked a Mosaic Promise.  Not too sure why it only gets an 89 on BA (so far, at least).  I think this beer is the truth.  I love mosaic hops, and this beer reinforces that notion for me.  Reminds me of a more flavorful All Day IPA (another under-rated beer, IMO).

PS: If you guys have anything good to trade for, I'm open to suggestions 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I kind of understand why Founders doesn't deem it necessary to distribute out to Cali (at least yet).  If you look at Founders' year-round releases, there's really nothing all that spectacular going on.  You guys have much better readily available IPAs, pale ales, etc. than what Founders offers up on a regular basis. They probably wouldn't make too much off of those releases, which are their true profit-generators. Most people seem to only want Founders for FBS and KBS.

Adding to this, Founders' distro is...not the best, to say the least.  Any "new" beer we get from Founders is at least a month old by the time it gets to NY.  I can only imagine how bad it would be for California.

Last edited:
Maybe AB should buy them out :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Money talks but they seem a little different.... I would have to agree that their Year Rounds are pretty run of the mill... Two Hearted trumps any of their IPAs IMO... Love Dirty Bastard.... Their seasonal and special releases are special though.

Heading out to Colorado this weekend. Gonna be in Denver for a day then around Pueblo/Colorado Springs area. Any recommendations? I'm definitely going to try and hunt down some CO Pumpkin beers
glasses.gif

Heading out to Colorado this weekend. Gonna be in Denver for a day then around Pueblo/Colorado Springs area. Any recommendations? I'm definitely going to try and hunt down some CO Pumpkin beers 8)   

Denver : Great Divide
Colorado Springs : Phantom Canyon

Heading out to Colorado this weekend. Gonna be in Denver for a day then around Pueblo/Colorado Springs area. Any recommendations? I'm definitely going to try and hunt down some CO Pumpkin beers 8)   

Denver: Crooked Stave (they're hosting Cantillon Zwanze Day on Saturday at their Barrel Cellar BTW--gonna be a bonkers time...the bottle share in line is OFF THE CHARTS), TRVE Brewing, Our Mutual Friend Malt & Brew, Former Future Brewing Co., Black Shirt Brewing Co., Epic, River North...

For me, Great Divide is way, way, way down on the list. I've been here over a year and have yet to visit their taproom. Way too much other great stuff here.

If you make out of Denver proper, Avery is up in Boulder and Oskar Blues (hit the Tasty Weasel taproom attached to the brewery itself) is up in Longmont. Both aren't too far from Denver and are worth checking out.

Not too sure about the Springs and Pueblo. Been to the Springs twice and didn't drink much beer other than Paradox, which turn out some seriously great sours. But they're a little ways west of town, and their taproom honestly isn't that great. Only 4 oz pours of everything with most being poured out of bottles.

Thanks a ton, man. Basically it's a short weekend with the family and of course we're always looking to eat out so I'm looking for some some what family (have a 5 year old) friendly places where I can try different brews. Won't have time for the events (although that one at Crooked Stave sound great) but I'm hoping to catch at least one of each in their respective city.

Thanks a ton, man. Basically it's a short weekend with the family and of course we're always looking to eat out so I'm looking for some some what family (have a 5 year old) friendly places where I can try different brews. Won't have time for the events (although that one at Crooked Stave sound great) but I'm hoping to catch at least one of each in their respective city.

Well, since you've got the fam in tow, Crooked Stave's usual taproom is in The Source, which is an old foundry that was converted into space for places like them, a butcher, a coffee roaster, design/art shop and two restaurants--Comida, which is higher-end Mexican, and Acorn, which is kinda pricey farm to table stuff. They're open normal hours even with Zwanze Day going on at their other spot.

Check out the whole spread at http://www.thesourcedenver.com for more info.

But yeah, if you can only hit up one Denver brewery, it would be them. TRVE is tied with them for my favorite, but their whole vibe is super metal, so all black everything, blasting doom and death metal, etc. Not too great for a 5-year-old. :smile:

Last edited:
I'm drinking some DFH Punkin Ale and it's solid. I think I said a page back or so, I wasn't too impressed but apparently I didnt remember how good it was. My apologies, it's good!

Okay...I have a TON of reviews to catch up on.  Not even gonna bother doing write-ups.  Just gonna post pics with the name and the score.  This is what I've been up to for the past two months or so.  Buckle up:

La Cumbre Malpais Stout- 9.4/10

La Cumbre Project Dank- 10/10

Three Floyds Apocalypse Cow-9.5/10

Port Jeff Party Boat IPA- 8.6/10

Sixpoint The Crisp-8.9/10

Long Trail Double Bag-8.0/10

Tallgrass Velvet Rooster-8.2/10

Founders Dissenter- 9.2/10

Alesmith IPA- 8.9/10

Crooked Line Tinder-  7.9/10

Cascade Kriek- 9.0/10

Duchesse De Bourgogne- 8.8/10

Evil Twin Even More Jesus- 9.6/10

Lagunitas Daytime- 8.8/10

Smuttynose Finestkind- 8.8/10

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron- 9.2/10

Cigar City Cucumber Saison- 8.8/10

The Alchemist Focal Banger- 9.7/10

Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout- 9.7/10

Kelso Industrial IPA- 9.3/10

Carton 077XX- 9.2/10

Jack's Abby Hoponius Union- 9.4/10

Jack's Abby Mass Rising- 9.6/10

Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge- 9.4/10

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald- 9.0/10

Off-Color Troublesome- 8.4/10

Maine Beer Co. Lunch- 9.5/10

Maine Beer Co. A Tiny Beautiful Something- 9.3/10

La Cumbre Full Nelson- 9.6/10

Santa Fe Oktoberfest- 8.6/10

Pizza Port Swami's- 8.7/10

Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin- 9.7/10

Modern Times Blazing World- 9.0/10

Alpine Duet- 9.4/10

Stone Xocoveza- 9.7/10

Almanac Farmer's Reserve Blackberry- 9.6/10

Troegs Hop Knife- 9.1/10

Modern Times Black House- 9.2/10

Port City Porter- 8.9/10

Founders Mosaic Promise- 9.4/10

Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour- 8.8/10

pimp.gif

Oh don't worry...I had plenty of help purchasing and drinking those beers.

My summer was...eventful, to say the least. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom