NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Heading dow to Founders for dinner with one of my friends before he heads to the Philippines... Tap List looks meh right now... Prob just grab a Backwoods Bastard

No Islay scotch guys here?

Laphoraig 18 and Lagavulin 16 at Costco
pimp.gif
The older I get, I'm less into beer and more into spirits.

Had the Laphroaig 18 this weekend. Was a little tipsy already so I can't recall how it was, but it was probably good.

Opening up this tonight:

plansb plansb , tequila I mentioned earlier (Degollado extra anejo).
I'll have to check that tequila out.

Never heard of that resort but looks nice. I stayed at secrets maroma beach in riviera maya and it is top notch. I am pretty hard to please when it comes to all inclusive and I don't have one complaint about that place. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great all inclusive. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to, absolutely amazing, and I've been to a good amount. Wife and I were married down there, it was incredible.

Last edited:
Kegs of CBS are hitting

I think my chances of trying it have come and gone

Knew pizza boy was tapping it Tuesday but didn't want to drive an hour one way for one beer when I was tired...it kicked in five or six hours

Didn't realize a spot a bit closer tapped Tuesday as well...I found out last night around 8

Would have went today after work if they still had it but it kicked last night

I'm slightly salty about it

No Islay scotch guys here?

Laphoraig 18 and Lagavulin 16 at Costco
pimp.gif
Just finished a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve.

Have the following at my place:

- Lagavulin 16

- Highland Park 12

- Balvenie 12

- Elmer T. Lee

- Glenlivet 18

I was so lucky to have picked this up tonight!

Had a chance to pick this up a few times but passed. Couldn't justify the hefty price tag. Let us know how it tastes though.

Sipping on this tonight. Tons of tropical fruit notes! Very well made beer and can see why there's so much hype behind it. Worth seeking out for sure.

Had a chance to pick this up a few times but passed. Couldn't justify the hefty price tag. Let us know how it tastes though.

Sipping on this tonight. Tons of tropical fruit notes! Very well made beer and can see why there's so much hype behind it. Worth seeking out for sure.

Citra! So jelly. I picked up Adwtd for $35. Considering the bruery's 750 mls I didn't think the price was too bad considering the hype on it. I'm debating on opening next month or letting sit a year or so.

Ended up picking up a bomber of this new Marble Imperial Red (new bottling after a few years hiatus.). My bomber buying streak is over.
fa1a306088bcb10c4dc16dc61b72d4e6_640x640.jpg

Its been on draft before at random times. So not a totally new product. 2014 GABF gold medal winner (2012 gabf medal winner as well). Very clean flavors. Caramel malts mix with pine and tropical flavors. Quite a unique flavor. Scary at 9%. I drank a growler of this alone a couple years back.. Bad IDEA lol.

I also ended up with more AVBC holy gose blood orange cans.. $10/six pack is so much compared to others. But I'm kinda addicted to the flavors.. Only 4.2% too. My value meter is in the red when I pick it up but I still get it.

Also ended up with a Marble Pilsner sixer.. It's been in the high 60s lately, so that crisp clean flavor is what I'm going for.. many DIPAs just arent thirst quenching

As far as spirits, I havent really delved too deep. I have had one by Santa Fe Spirits called Colkegan single malt whiskey.. Runs about $50 for a fifth. Super smoky and smooth. A local SF brewery used used Colkegan barrels for a stout this past summer. Super GOOD...A sample runs about $5 if anyone is interested. It looks like their website ships to select states. I think its won a couple awards as well

Last edited:
My gf surprised me with a cold brew coffee system and a trip to San Diego for some modern times coffee beans as well. Also got a pour of the city of the dead amazing beer. Amazing gf. Amazing day!

Last edited:
As far as whiskey goes, I don't drink much of it, but I'll drink Bulleit Rye every once in awhile. Got tore up on that a couple weeks back at my company party with my boss, downing double shots on the rocks was a good time. Haha,

Leopold Bros. tart cherry whiskey is the truth. Another one of the perks of living in Denver.

Ratio Beerworks opened today, so the missus and I stopped in. Tried 3 of the 6 in tap and all were solid as hell. All named after punk rock/indie rock songs and lyrics (Fugazi, Cursive, Jawbreaker, Hot Water Music).

And another brewery opened today too called Declaration Brewing. Hoping to hit them up tomorrow,

Damn, I love Colorado,

Back
Top Bottom