NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I like Habanero better but I got 3 Grapefruits in the fridge I'm about to enjoy one now

Had surgery yesterday to remove tissue and I have a drain in my armpit :x

I earned this beer :lol:

Last edited:
Does the Grapefruit Sculpin live up to the hype?

It's $15 for a 6-pack here.

Same price in my area as well. Definitely a great beer but I have a hard time buying sixers of it. I try to grab it from my local grocery store that has flat price $9.99 build your own 6 packs. If it's in stock I usually just load up on DFH 90's and grapefruit Sculpin.

Ballast Point and Green Flash.

BP for sure.

If you're going to the MT in point loma, minus whale check out Stone at Liberty Station.

The new BP on Carroll is a little uppity and doesn't really offer anything exciting. Food is expensive.

GF is a a bit better now that they've acquired Alpine and serve their beers.

If you can make it out to the actual Alpine Beer Co location on a Sunday, get their poutine. So goddamn good. I think the brewery tours are closed on Sundays though.

Alesmith is a smallish spot, nothing exciting going on, but they usually have some variant of Speedway that people love (me included).

Don't limit yourself to breweries though. The beer bars are always great. O'briens, Toronado, Tiger Tiger, Hamilton's are some of my favorite spots.

Don't limit yourself to breweries though. The beer bars are always great. O'briens, Toronado, Tiger Tiger, Hamilton's are some of my favorite spots.
Are any of those bars in gas lamp? Thats where I'll be staying. Ive been bar hopping in gas lamp before, don't remember any of the names though.

Last edited:
was able to snag a bottle of this yesterday. only time i ever had it was in a bar and i paid $30 for it because I really wanted to try it. 
laugh.gif

too bad he'd only sell me one.

Long shot, but anyone in the Chicagoland area hit up Waukegan for the release of (the beer named) Lauren, yesterday?

Last edited:
$30 for Stickee Monkee? Wow. That's like FW Anniversary or Parabola prices...

My Stickee Monkee story:
Hopefully my beer karma has been exponential increased as of today. Went to Bevmo in Manhattan Beach. Asked if they any in stock. The lady gave me the last two. A guy walked up behind me and asked for some also. Lady points at me and tells the guy I got the last two. Lol. I think for second and hand the dude my second bottle...
I ended up going to my lbs and getting two more so I am set.

Firestone Walker stuff in my cellar is ridiculous right now.

Confirmed: I don't like IPAs after trying the Grapefruit Sculpin.

I really like the Lagunitas Coffee Stout, but it's hard to find here. Any recommendations in that arena?

Are any of those bars in gas lamp? Thats where I'll be staying. Ive been bar hopping in gas lamp before, don't remember any of the names though.

Nope none of them in Gaslamp. Only place I know of in downtown that serves decent beer is Downtown Johnny Brown's.

Yeah, $30 was high but they had it at the time so I bit the bullet. I'm actually not even sure what I paid for the bottle of Monkey from my local spot yesterday when I got it.

^I can't stand IPAs. Period. They are straight gross. Anything even close to that hoppy I can't stand. Maybe I'm soft but I can't handle it.

I grabbed this (stock photo). Can't wait to try it.

Last edited:
Hey jbug if you're ever at Disney (I think your an ap) check out house of blues at dtd. Firestone walker releases stick around for a few months at 24.99. You can take it to go with the box.

Breakfast Stout is my jam! They (my local spot) actually still have a few cases of that sitting they got real late.

My local big box store has cases sitting as well. Such a great easy to find stout. The wife loves using them in ice cream floats.

Don't give up on ipas. Although I feel gf sculpin is the least abrasive more citrusy and on the sweet side of ipas. So if you don't like that or the piney ones, or the straight hop flavor ones, maybe you just don't like beer with even 1% of that hop flavor.

Almost every beer imagined has some sort of hops in them. 90% of my family hates ipas. So it's not just some of you guys. There has to be a trigger. Once I found an ipa I liked, my guard seemed to go down and now that's 50% of everything I drink. Lagunitas makes ipas I tend to think are very approachable. Try their assortment.

Last edited:
Ditto what Wally said. First love for beers in general were the deep, dark chocolatey coffee stouts. IPAs didn't do it for me. Then I tried Sculpin for the first time years (maybe 5?) ago, I think before they even bottled it. Fell in love, and now IPAs and the hoppier pales are my go-to.

I wasn't much of an IPA guy either when I first started drinking beers. Lagunitas IPA was the gateway IPA for me. It was no turning back after that haha. If GF Sculpin was too abrasive then maybe IPA's aren't for you. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Been a minute since I've been in here. That startup life is no joke! Sipping on some Enjoy By 7/4/15 tonight :smokin

Last edited:
Excellent
I want to try that so bad. I love their beer. When I picked up my Stickee Monkey, he had that and the Pistachio Abduction and I grabbed the PA instead (which was very,very good!). I'm gonna have to go back and grab one for sure.

Off topic: Why doesn't the spell check work on here anymore or maybe it's just a setting on my computer? When I spell something wrong, when I right click, before it would give you the correct spelling, now it just says "Paste". Where did the spell check option go?

Back
Top Bottom