NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

refreshing but hoping it had a little more bit to it

As far as whiskey goes, I don't drink much of it, but I'll drink Bulleit Rye every once in awhile. Got tore up on that a couple weeks back at my company party with my boss, downing double shots on the rocks was a good time. Haha,

Leopold Bros. tart cherry whiskey is the truth. Another one of the perks of living in Denver.

Ratio Beerworks opened today, so the missus and I stopped in. Tried 3 of the 6 in tap and all were solid as hell. All named after punk rock/indie rock songs and lyrics (Fugazi, Cursive, Jawbreaker, Hot Water Music).

And another brewery opened today too called Declaration Brewing. Hoping to hit them up tomorrow,

Damn, I love Colorado,
Have you tried the other leopold whiskeys ? Boulder is beautiful too :nthat:

might legit be my favorite beer i've ever tried. From a local brewery kind of near my house.

here is the description:

Made with only grade-A Tahitian vanilla
beans, Tanilla carries a smooth chocolate flavor
complemented by the delicate intensity of vanilla
beans, and a rich aroma of coffee.

might legit be my favorite beer i've ever tried. From a local brewery kind of near my house.

here is the description:
Made with only grade-A Tahitian vanilla
beans, Tanilla carries a smooth chocolate flavor
complemented by the delicate intensity of vanilla
beans, and a rich aroma of coffee.

had this and I am out in Philly, we get it out here

solid brew

Have you tried the other leopold whiskeys ? Boulder is beautiful too :nthat:

I've had the peach too but not any of the straight ones yet.

They do tours of the distillery now with tastings of everything, so that's on the list of things to do.

And I agree, Boulder is really cool. I work in Boulder, so I get to see it five days a week.

i'm thinking about taking a trip to the Terrapin brewery this weeknd.. i went to the Sweetwater Brewery a few weeks back and i had a blast, i was Lit..

what breweries have you all been too?

Been to most notable breweries within greater Boston and DFW.

Favorites that come to mind: Trillium, Deep Ellum (Dallas) and Community (Dallas). If community ever begins distributing outside TX a lot of people will be surprised with their beers. They're really putting out a solid IPA and barrel aged program.

I've also been to a few breweries in the Caribbean. Nothing to write home about though.

I don't believe you. You need more people.
I caught a sinus cold over the weekend. I blame you exclusively. You're always calling me out lol.. Haven't had a single drop of beer in 3 days now. Don't even feel like I need or am missing out. I kinda went crazy over the holiday weekend. What all did you guys do?

I had a nice blind ipa sampling between 6 ipas:
a8fa6d31c66cce91ba042d0859d7f175_640x640.jpg

Marble IPA
La Cumbre elevated ipa
Fat Heads Head Hunter-
GF Sculpin
Sculpin
MT Booming Rollers

Marble IPA won another blind sampling. Something about this one does it for me. Incredibly balanced.. HH and Elevated, I thought were one in the same. Nearly identical all around. I can see how and why they competed head to head for multiple beer medals. GF sculpin and Sculpin were just way too subtle when put up against other IPAs. I nearly rated them last.. Booming Rollers was one of the lightest looking entries. Light on the malts. But held its own very well.

Other than that, I've been doing my part in missing beer week events like I said I would. Being sick helps. Missed some collabs, a BCBCS tapping, 3 year old barley wine tappings.. The works really.. Odell and La Cumbre collabed for a Pale Ale set to release the 30th I believe.

WIth the BP tapping last week, package sales hit a day later. Scooped up some GF sculpin at $15.50/sixer. I got a text alert and took the bait.. 7 day old GF sculpin. A beer I now don't have to trade for? SCORE. Some things you just have to take advantage of.

And just today on a hunch, TW finally got their allotment of BP products. GF sculpin sold about 10 cases worth it seems in a day or two. I got there just in time for their last 3 sixers.. $13 for a sixer is a great deal, right? So now I need to turn off text alerts and what not, and see how I do. I think I'm set until july with a case of GF sculpin

Now I'm counting the days I get my sense of smell and taste back. I already miss the smell and taste of hops

Last edited:
Taste buds relatively back. Been on a slow increase in consumption. Got 4 foru packs of elevated and a case of gf sculpin to go through now lol. Loving other half cans.

My favorite goes to revolution and 21st ammendment.

I was in Grand Rapids, MI the last couple days on business. Went to Founder's. I was last there 2 years ago before the remodel. That place is absolutely massive now. My guess is with the expansion into CA, they're gonna need to be bigger.
The beers were good. Except the Triple IPA. That was horrible.
It's a funny thing. After sampling beer from all over the US, I'd take most of my local breweries over just about any out of town spot. I think most people feel the same. I mean breweries have special one offs that are walez for people, but i'm not missing a thing with my favorite brewery in L.A.

Going to SD this weekend. Definitely gonna check out modern times brewery. Any other ones I should check out if I have time?

Prepping for a long weekend. Sports galore. Maybe some yard work. Definitely no brewery visits this week. Thus is my brewery visit.
Couldn't pass up 3 day old elevated (still sitting on month old cans. Sue me). Even gf sculpin is merely 10 days old

Last edited:
So I haven't taken any time off work since Thanksgiving...and I have several weeks of PTO I need to burn or I lose it.

And my team surprised me with a 4-pack of Dogfish Festina Peche and a bottle of Boulevard Saison-Brett 2015 to enjoy on my long 4-day weekend.

Surprised and stoked to say the least.

#teamthebestteam

Back
Top Bottom