NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

About to be poolside in a min once the temp goes down down

Shoulda listened. Liliko'I kepolo is amazing

Beer store run for the week

Back on the gf sculpin train. So dry and that gf zest isn't overly sweet at all. Perfect. Two local LA cumbre beers. Their beer is a international style pale lage . Think higher class macro crap. Very close or better than the euro imports.

Back to the liliko'i. Found a single for $3.50. 4 packs are $10.99. I now want many more 4 packs. Huge passion fruit aroma and initial taste. I deinfitely get a good amount of tartness, with minimal sugar sweetness. I'm in love. To compare is another local witbier. That one is more corriander based with more booze and sweetness. This Avery beer is so unique.

Stone enjoy by 7/4 single bought as well. Sixer was $15. Impressions layer

Last edited:
Didn't know it existed until you posted about it. I haven't seen it pop up anywhere locally yet but I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

lol is that what this is??

im a beer newbie.

I only drink guinness so i know i like the dark ones.

This looked good.

Last edited:
^^^ That's a porter so it would be more similar to a stout like Guinness.If you like darker beers that one is probably good,and Palmetto puts out some decent stuff I've had a couple of theirs.

^ How'd you like that porter?

i didn't drink it yet, i just put 6 in a cooler to watch the game somewhere. ill let u know.
ill let you know.

^^^ That's a porter so it would be more similar to a stout like Guinness.If you like darker beers that one is probably good,and Palmetto puts out some decent stuff I've had a couple of theirs.

sounds good.

Sipping on this while watching the Warriors game. Nice floral and citrus notes. Reminds me of Flower Power.

Last edited:
All that Tired Hands!

Gonna be in Philly for a few days starting on Saturday. Haven't been for a couple years...excited to get back to Tired Hands, especially the new Fermentaria.

I'm late, but how did your trip go? If my math is right, I think you'll be back this weekend (?)

Hit me up man...maybe we can swap some beers or something. I have a couple milkshake ipas in teh fridge.

where are you located? I live in Lowell and i always wanted to try treehouse. However im not willing to drive that far out for beer lol whatre your thoughts on what you've had so far?
The job that I work for in CT is 45 mins from Tree House so I'm there quite often. I've practically had every offering from them with the exception of Good Morning and a few of their Pilsners which I don't really care for. For me, it seems like everytime I have an IPA aside from TrH, I always have to compare it to TrH, like in the back of my mind, I would say "oh this isn't cloudy, or juicy, or hazy enough" Don't get me wrong, there are definitely breweries out there that have their significance in juice bombs but TrH to me stands out the most. 

I'm not from the area, but I've had a handful of Treehouse beers, and I'm certainly well-acquainted with craft beer.  From what I've had, it's worth making the trip out there for cans and growlers at least once.  It's a trek, but I'm from Long Island and have been contemplating making the trip out there this summer just because.  

Worst case scenario is that you're gonna get a bunch of beer that you think is "good," but not worth going back for.  They really don't make a bad beer.
Dude, it's definitely worth the trip out there. But make sure you go either on a Wednesday (cans only) or Thurs (limited cans + growler fills). Friday's, you'll be lucky if Wednesday's batch still last. The silent batch releases (King Julius, Very Green, Very Hazy, etc) are random and they announce it the day of and it gets super crazy.

I've seen your username around BA in the IP threads too and I frequent NYC basically every weekend so if you want, we can swap some burrs.. Always down to help some NT brethrens out. 

I'm late, but how did your trip go? If my math is right, I think you'll be back this weekend (?)

Hit me up man...maybe we can swap some beers or something. I have a couple milkshake ipas in teh fridge.

First part of the Philly trip (Saturday, Sunday, Monday AM) was good. Made it to Tired Hands Saturday night...it was great. Went with the Pina Colada Milkshake, Permashore, Dystopian Forest, Alien Baphomet & Throbbing Grisette. All were really, really good.

And thanks for the offer, but our return trip will be crazy. Getting back in Friday afternoon & have to get to the hotel then to Penn's Landing for the Frank Turner, Jason Isbell & Chris Stapleton show. Then Saturday we're spending the day with old friends then flying out at 9p.

Trying to get a general gauge here. Planning on brewing up two more batches to make it an even 50 gallons for my families reunion week/weekend in mid July.

Last two to brew:

How do these sound?

Simple cream ale. Basic 2 row malts, with corn adjuncts and rice adjuncts. The only curveball is some Hallertau aroma hops to give it a pilsner like German vibe. With the weather getting out of control hot, I think we need another low key beer.

My local area has a really good Red ale, chalked full of caramel malt. Last year, I mixed up the hops from their IPA with the red, and did a combo job. For this year, I am adding another set of hops, and turning it into a rye beer. Basically a Hoppy Red Rye
----------

btw, that XOCOVEZA clone is taking on a life of its own. It's only been 4 days since we added in the spices etc.. Right now, its truly coffee forward almost beyond recognition. Very very good but the other spices are in the background for sure. I'll see how it goes at the one week mark. But this is not so easy getting the spice combo just right.

Depending on what's left by the time the above are done, we are looking at:

Fortunate Islands session pale wheat ale
Scotch Ale wee heavy
Scotch Ale milk stout (xocoveza edition)
Scotch Ale milk stout regular
And then the two above.

I'm trying to make lesser hopped up varieties that everyone can enjoy. So a 60 IBU hoppy red may be as high as we go unfortunately.

In the past, we have done a SN Pale Ale esque clone for the lighter crowd. At some point, everything gets consumed. But we're trying to be smarter this time around. Does anyone even like cream ales?

Back
Top Bottom