NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

this was a good one. Straight out the can

^ I know what you mean with Heady. I get this weird bitterness usually that I can't put my finger on. I thought this time would be different but so far 2 of 3 cans had it. One can actually tasted great. We'll see what this 4th can tastes like later this weekend. As it stands right now, I probably won't be seeking it out anymore.
Bitterness wise, it was a different one for sure. Pretty sharp IBU flavor initially but its not abrasive or lingering. In fact, it feels like it just totally disappears... The beer itself doesnt even come close to feeling like a 8% beer. A lot of DIPAs I have had seem to be overly sweet and or overly bitter. This is neither. It's definitely upper class (when it tastes good), but as it stands, It barely makes a blip on any IPA/DIPA radar.

With 3 IPAs from VT, and 2 from NM, I will take this thing blind for the weekend

Some interesting drinking notes @ the wedding I was at. We set up some jockey boxes. 2 Macro, 2 regional craft. Long Trail ale kicked before BL/ML and the ufo Harpoon option. Magic hat #9 kicked before harpoon too. Craft is definitely taking over a wedding situation. But in even an open bar situation, people love their swill.
120 ft ss coil was money. Kegs kept room temp. Beer pretty much perfecty poured for 4 days straight.

--------
Didn't have a beer all week. I guess unlimited pints got to me. But it's a Friday. Had to head to tw to see what I've been missing out on since being away from home.

So many Oktoberfest beers out now. Last year we had to wait until week of Labor Day for the majority.
Missing from photo is the Sn ofest. I'll go for a mini sampling of the three this weekend

Prairie entered my state while I was gone. Is bomb usually a shelf turd around your way fellas? Paid $ 8 for each bottle. They also had some of their other offerings. Funky gold mosaic, a trve sour, and some Frances beer. Praire definitely broke the bank this trip.

Anyone try the stone citrusy wit, or the lagunitas stoopid wit? Single tries on those.

Keeping a blind ipa sampling small and concise. 3 from vt. 3 from nm. Results to follow

Last edited:
New Beer Friday Tries:

'16 SN Ofest- I didnt catch any sort of hop bite. . Crisp lager bite. Amazing biscuity sweet malt flavor all around. Totally recommended. 7/1 bottle date may have some influence on hops. As good or maybe better than last years. I may not even need another Oktoberfest for the season. It hit all the right pale Oktoberfest notes.

Stone Citrusy Wit- No idea what I was getting into. I definitely get the corriander aspect. but then there is this huge bitterness aspect, and some dryness. Smells like your grandmothers candle alter. Totally weird blend for me. NO GO.

Lagunitas Stoopid Wit- Grassy citrusy hops all around. Totally PERFECT blend between a wit and a pale ale. It almost feels more like a pale ale with an almost fruity sort of vibe. Definitely more malt sweetness to balance it out. Wit character doesnt really dominate. Definitely recommend

Last edited:
Prairie entered my state while I was gone. Is bomb usually a shelf turd around your way fellas? Paid $ 8 for each bottle. They also had some of their other offerings. Funky gold mosaic, a trve sour, and some Frances beer. Praire definitely broke the bank this trip.

Not around my parts typically but with that said, one my spots still has some. He said they made more this year then almost any year before but it's $9.99 and it doesn't change. Probably one of top 5 stouts ever. I think I have 5-6 currently and I force myself NOT to buy anymore when I go to the store, because you're right, they aren't cheap. But I've never seen it sit this long.

Last edited:
Finally got a really solid in-person trade partner.  Dude goes to just about every Other Half release and is always down to trade for stuff.  Met up with him today.  Currently cracking open the first of the Other Half cans from last week's release:

Collab with The Veil.  0 IBU imperial IPA with Citra, Galaxy, and Passionfruit.  Really don't know what to make of this one.  It's pretty much alcoholic passionfruit juice with a somewhat off-putting bitterness.  It doesn't seem like that bitterness is coming from the hops, either.  This beer could do with less passionfruit and more hop presence to balance it out.  A 0 IBU double IPA sounds interesting on paper, but I'm not sold based off of this beer.  Kind of sad considering how hyped the IPAs from The Veil are.  

Oh well...on to the next one.

Get that TRVE collab sour. TRVE is the truth.

The reup. The Ballest Point ofest is on the sweeter side of things. Has some toasty malt flavor along with it. Not really balanced, but if you're into the American style Marzens you'll like it.

The non-BA Prairie beers usually sit around here. Bomb's are plentiful in almost every Bevmo, WF's or local bottleshops.

Collab with The Veil.  0 IBU imperial IPA with Citra, Galaxy, and Passionfruit.  Really don't know what to make of this one.  It's pretty much alcoholic passionfruit juice with a somewhat off-putting bitterness.  It doesn't seem like that bitterness is coming from the hops, either.  This beer could do with less passionfruit and more hop presence to balance it out.  A 0 IBU double IPA sounds interesting on paper, but I'm not sold based off of this beer.  Kind of sad considering how hyped the IPAs from The Veil are.  

Oh well...on to the next one.

Didn't know they made zero IBU IPA's. Doesn't sound all that appealing haha.

Going west coast tonight. Standard WC IPA. Pine, resin with some herbal qualities. A nice break from all the NE hops i've been drinking lately.

Solo mission

VT vs. NM blind sampling

Early reports are. It's too damn close.

Don't worry. I don't work tomorrow

Last edited:
Maybe pumpking. But really. Far too many pumpkin beers are just spiced beers.they give me nightmares. Truly hit or miss. Too often, a miss for me. Every year, I retry pumpkin beers and always left saddened

Oktoberfest beers are a great alternative. Great to see two seasonal styles at once.

Last edited:
Yeah I haven't found like a really amazing pumpkin beer that I like. Same with Oktoberfest beers. They're ok. Like if all they've got somewhere at a bar is Sam Adams Oktoberfest I'll be fine with it but I can usually find something else.

In the meantime, having a Port Mongo double IPA in an Allagash glass right now. Probably gonna do the Trillim Pier next

Back
Top Bottom