NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Truck chasing in Burlington yesterday

Okay. Not really. Been so busy helping set up a wedding, a trip north hadn't happned until yesterday. Picking up some family in Burlington, I was already 2 hrs late to stores opening. I happened to go to two of their Thursday drop sites in Montpellier , pretty much gone by 10:10. Last place I see this guy grab for two four packs. As he takes them away, shelf is empty. Cashier is like, 1 four pack limit. Dude and I make eye contact and he hands over the goods.

While in Burlington, I convinced family to eat at a tap house. I was able to have Sos on draft, hfs Edward, and hfs Nelson in one spot. None screamed out super supper different or a world above other beers. Not sure if I'm spoiled but I was left happy to have tried but that hunt can end to try them all. I'm still missing that true juice bomb this trip.

Rock art has a limited access dipa that reminds me so much of a local ipa,elevated.

These guys are no slouch. More of a west coast citrus piney sort of vibe
Limbo by long trail a stand out as well.
Heading back up to belong to Sunday. Would love to head to Stowe to the alchemist brewery but I wouldn't be there until 3. So I'm contemplating other options. We shall see.

I do have a rant about heady topper though. So many stores just artificially holding back stock it seems like. Many places get it one day and will only sell it others. Or they only put out a case a day and say they're sold out. They've mastered the hype art. I found it less magical when I had it last night.

i lowkey think VT has the best selection of IPAs i've ever seen. I've had tribute and thought it was so damn good. but i gotta drive a bit to get it :rolleyes gotta do what u gotta do to get the hoppy goodness i guess.

how are you guys acquiring this fire? live in VT? :nerd:
I live in MA but go to VT/ME a lot and usually come home with too much beer
My friend hooked me up with this Crusher and a Sterk Wit though

currently in MA too. id go with a couple people to VT for a beer run (and get prohibition pig food after :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:) but man that drive sucks lol.

how are you guys acquiring this fire? live in VT? :nerd:

Far from it . I'm all the way in Cali :lol:. You can trade for beers on sites like Beeradvocate.com or Ratebeer.com. Heck, I've even done several trades here on NT. Stand up dudes for sure :smokin

good to know

http://s726.photobucket.com/user/nicksmurf/media/Officenote.gif.html

i did not know that.

Last edited:
currently in MA too. id go with a couple people to VT for a beer run (and get prohibition pig food after
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) but man that drive sucks lol.

i did not know that.
Yeah the drive is really no fun

Pro pig though... wow... it is just incredible. favorite places to eat up there.

The tacos they make at their brewery are way too good haha

A+ execution.

Had this last night. I thought it was excellent. Not overly tart and very refreshing. Subtle stone fruit flavor on the back end. And I didn't need a roll of Tums after. And at 4.5%, VERY crushable.

Toolbox is overrated to me. I have yet to have one of their beers that I thought was great.

Bar I'm at had Founders KBS on tap. Might go for it but I've already had a Maine Beer Co. lunch and a Redhook x Smuttlabs Clockwork cream ale so I'm thinking an FBS is gonna have me belligerent. We'll see how it goes over the next hour.

Tonight's brews. Thought the Mastermind was a tad sweeter than I'd like it to be but very solid. I enjoyed Sap a lot. Not as juicy as the other TH offerings but damn good!

Kind of depressing. Got 4 left to drink and they are all the infected dates. This one has a slight sour taste but not as bad as one I had a couple months ago. Sucks.

Hopefully the few left tatse reasonable but time will tell.

Last edited:
LA Heads - anything to check for near Hermosa this wknd?

I see that Pliny up there. It just get put out?

Last edited:
first time trying tired hands, good murky stuff. stacks on stacks was better than when on tap two weeks ago. topical depression and green print are just as advertised, passion fruit and lemon lime flavors heavy.
love having options when I open my fridge

Last edited:
LA Heads - anything to check for near Hermosa this wknd?

I see that Pliny up there. It just get put out?
Hit up Monkish in Torrance. Can release this morning that sold out, but a bunch of stuff still on tap and growler fills. Pliny is hit or miss. Usually hits places here in the South Bay on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and sells out the same day/next morning.
Hit up Select Beer Store in Redondo or even Adams Bottle Boutique. And there is a Rock n Brews right up the street from it that usually has a decent local tap list.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but how's the pineapple sculpin?

I didn't like Pineapple Sculpin as much. The sweetness from the pineapple just didn't mesh well with the base beer to me. GF Sculpin on the other hand :smokin

Had these today and yesterday. VG was fantastic! Pretty much Green on crack.

Drinking this tonight. I get zero chile heat, but quite a bit of vanilla and a bit of cinammon. Nice barrel on the nose. And there is a dark fruit, almost Belgian quad thing going on. This was the last bottle at my lbs. would've liked to pick up another.

Back
Top Bottom