NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

distributor buddy hooked it up

Not hating but how many buddies do you think these distributor ppl hook up? I even hear of stores who employees get first pick of many things (and then their buddies get the hookup). I think you have what a metro area of 1 million people are fighting over. Let us know how they are. My area is lucky to get regular and the BW.

Drinking Celebration right now- this is suppose to be an IPA? Quite malty. Whatever it is im loving it.
I remember it tasting more of a piney high end bitterness in the past. Now, it feels more like a low key red ale than a IPA for sure, definitely agree there.

^^Nice! Hoping my cousin was able to grab a Darkness for us to have later. Said he has some stuff to try. Gonna enjoy these later.

33y6fc1.jpg

I have a 2015 Parabola and a 2015 BC how do ya'll suggest i drink these? Room temp or let them chill in the fridge for a bit?

I have a 2015 Parabola and a 2015 BC how do ya'll suggest i drink these? Room temp or let them chill in the fridge for a bit?
I let them get to a middle ground between ice cold and room temperature so they get to room temperature by the time I finish the bottle.

I'm just one man, though.

^^Nice! Hoping my cousin was able to grab a Darkness for us to have later. Said he has some stuff to try. Gonna enjoy these later.

33y6fc1.jpg
I got to try the Todd the Axe Man and really enjoyed it. I did, however, get the bottled version which I heard isn't as good as the canned stuff. 

Major success this morning:

Only downside was that coffee sold out 2 people in front of me on line.  This haul will certainly suffice though.  If I find a bottle of coffee, great.  If not, I'm not gonna sweat it.

Not hating but how many buddies do you think these distributor ppl hook up? I even hear of stores who employees get first pick of many things (and then their buddies get the hookup). I think you have what a metro area of 1 million people are fighting over. Let us know how they are. My area is lucky to get regular and the BW.

The distributors probably hook a lot of people up because they dont really care about beer, especially the limited stuff, they would rather sell a bunch of cases of bud light to grocery stores than have to deal with allocating and pricing a case or two of the limited stuff, they have a lot of stuff to move so limited stuff only slows them down without making any significantly higher profits.Those sketchy shops are a whole different story, they act like they are doing you a favor for buying their over priced beer.  

Meh, I'll wait for the BCBS series to go on tap. I feel like the $/oz is usually cheaper that way anyway.

I feel like I'm turning the corner lol. I did not go by my local place for BCBS and the 20 other beers they had, and I will likely NOT fulfill my 1 bottle allocation from TW. I guess having just had some BA 1050, FW XX, and hoards of Xocoveza, the $100 + BF tradition has been laid to rest.. It feels good

I feel like I'm turning the corner lol. I did not go by my local place for BCBS and the 20 other beers they had, and I will likely NOT fulfill my 1 bottle allocation from TW. I guess having just had some BA 1050, FW XX, and hoards of Xocoveza, the $100 + BF tradition has been laid to rest.. It feels good

I'm telling you man, that's my take. I didn't chase **** today. I've been buying as much Xoco as I can find and FBS and Backwoods Bastard. I happened to stop into my local spot for more Xoco (around 6:40 or so) and they were doing 2 normal BCS and 1 variant. They know me well there (the store opened at 9 and the line started at 9:01 but didn't release anything until 3) and they still had regular and barlywine left. I asked for my two regulars and 1 barlywine (which I love) and he comes out with a box and goes "want six of each?!" .... I was frozen for a minute and was like "**** yeah, bro" and he goes "cool, here is a 2016 pour while I ring you up back here" so $152 later and not only did I get to sip on a great pour of BCS, I didn't have to wait in any line and was in and out. Total impulse buy but I got lucky and wasn't passing on that rare hook up. I NEVER get that type of luck, but basically at store closing and no crowd at all, I got mad hook up.

I will say this, I'll put myself in the poor house/cc until
I can't find Xoco anymore.

Last edited:
One of the best liquor stores around here posted that their distributor delivered their allotment of Bourbon County along with several 2015 cases.

Only thing is the 2015s are all the infected recall bottles. So keep an eye out on those "cellared" BCBS bottles, y'all.

One of the best liquor stores around here posted that their distributor delivered their allotment of Bourbon County along with several 2015 cases.

Only thing is the 2015s are all the infected recall bottles. So keep an eye out on those "cellared" BCBS bottles, y'all.
Yeah, definitely wouldn't purchase any regular 2015 BCBS.  I have some bottles left still.  Cracked one open last week.  The bottles I have are still good, but you can tell they're beginning to turn.  Hopefully the pasteurization they did for the 2016 versions prevents a repeat of last year.  

Luckily AB/InBev is making good on their mistake from last year.  Apparently that's the reason you're seeing Regal Rye and Rare back on the shelves.  Goose Island always holds onto cases for events and parties, but I was told most of the cases they were holding onto hit distro to soften the blow of infected bottles.  Hence why the spot I went to had 10 cases of Rare and Regal. 
eek.gif

You can bet your *** I'll be grabbing more. I was very pleasantly surprised with how good that was but for $5 more I get 5 more Xoco's :lol:

Back
Top Bottom