NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I'm hearing closer to $20/sixer on High West Lagunitas. So if you are seeing $10.99, I'd buy OUT the store asap

I'm hearing closer to $20/sixer on High West Lagunitas. So if you are seeing $10.99, I'd buy OUT the store asap
I actually tried to buy them all lol, got the last two six packs, knew it was a price mistake considering lil sumpin was next to it for 12.99

Last edited:
I don't think they've hit the South Bay yet. At least not at the spots I frequent.
I saw isobeers in downtown san jose posted that they had sixers on their instagram on monday. Called today and they said they were sold out.I called santa clara liquors and they told me that high westi-fied had been recalled. No idea if they knew which beer i was talking about. Will keep an eye out. 

lagunitas may be the best quality to price ratio out

Another beer I'll be on the look out for. Smh I still haven't seen Born Yesterday down here.

^ I saw Born Yesterday only once -- passed on it as I didn't know anything about it.

All gone now

Went by beer store for my GI bcbs allotment. I caved in guys
ended up walking with much more

They also had ba ten fidy in plastic can holders (sold as 4 presumably). Got rang up @ $13 total. We feasting this weekend fellas.

In all:
1 bcbs bottle
1 prairie christmas bomb bottle
2 fbs four packs
1 xoco sixer (they moved this into a more visible spot. I had to get more to keep up with my consumption)
1 BA ten fidy four pack :D
then onto some session beers. Fat Tire, and a case of AVBC Blood Orange Gose.

Last edited:
If anyone is REALLY still looking for Born Yesterday, my local Total Wine has at least 2 cases left. They set up the display in the back corner of the store facing a wall. So unless you knew where the stuff was or asked for it, there is no way you'd find it. I've been going every week for the last couple of weeks and picking up a sixer and I seem to be the only one buying it.
It's less than 2 months old so it hasn't completely lost all of its oomph.
$12 a sixer + shipping and it's yours.

Went by beer store for my GI bcbs allotment. I caved in guys
ended up walking with much more

They also had ba ten fidy in plastic can holders (sold as 4 presumably). Got rang up @ $13 total. We feasting this weekend fellas.

In all:
1 bcbs bottle
1 prairie christmas bomb bottle
2 fbs four packs
1 xoco sixer (they moved this into a more visible spot. I had to get more to keep up with my consumption)
1 BA ten fidy four pack :D
then onto some session beers. Fat Tire, and a case of AVBC Blood Orange Gose.

Interested to hear your review on the Christmas Bomb!. I never gave my review, but I split it with my pops over Thanksgiving break. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not an expert beer reviewer, but the spices that were in the Bomb! did seem extremely Christmas-esque to me. That's the best way I can describe it. Hope you can give a little more detail haha.

Other Half was a complete mess today. Six beers for sale: a super-hyped collab IPA, two of their regular cans, and three barrel-aged imperial stouts.  To be expected, I guess

Anywho...onto the first offering:

Monkish collab.  Triple IPA hopped with Nelson, Motueka, El Dorado and double dry-hopped with Mosaic and Citra lupulin powder.  No booze on the nose, but it's definitely there on taste.  Taste is very fruity/juicy with a negligible malt presence, which is impressive for a beer with such a high ABV.  Is it the best collab Other Half has done?  Arguably no.  Is it their best triple IPA?  I'd say so.

Forgot to mention, I hated this years New Belgium x Ben & Jerry's collab.

Still haven't tried DBC as I'm not sure how I feel about coconut in beer.

Last edited:

Tis the season.
Still had one bottle from 2015, need to rack up a few for Xmas before prices hike.

Still haven't tried Death by Coconut, anyone in chicago see them at their LLS?

Last edited:
damn this packs a hop punch, as some beers have subtle flavors this one just hits you with the flavors

Also wondered into my local spot even tho I had just picked up a bunch of beer and saw two more six packs of high west ified for 10.99, snatched them up without hesitation

comparison ford, which other half collab did you like the best? I think greenprint, fully frothed, and this one are probably interchangeable top 3 for me depending on what im in the mood for

Last edited:
damn this packs a hop punch, as some beers have subtle flavors this one just hits you with the flavors

Also wondered into my local spot even tho I had just picked up a bunch of beer and saw two more six packs of high west ified for 10.99, snatched them up without hesitation

comparison ford, which other half collab did you like the best? I think greenprint, fully frothed, and this one are probably interchangeable top 3 for me depending on what im in the mood for
Jeez...that's a tough one for me. I'm just gonna throw out my favorites in no particular order:

No Layups (probably my favorite, honestly)

Debbie Downer

City Slickers

Like Whoa

Street Green

Make it Rain

Fully Frothed

Not exactly narrowing things down, but I'm very mood-dependent as well.
laugh.gif

These worth buying?

Not a big fan of buying bombers anymore tbh
Heard Lizard of Koz was really sweet/tart and lacking in barrel characteristic, but I haven't tried it.  Mango Magnifico is certified trash. One of the first beers I ever poured down the drain. If you're gonna buy one, I'd suggest Lizard of Koz.

Chopper, Are you saving that Cascade sour? I swear my area is too cheap for the good stuff. We got them distributed for the first time just awhile back and no one is buying $24 bottles of "sours". Our local brewery is lucky to sell their Kriek at $24.

I did overhear that one shop sold about 10 cases of regular BCBS on BF, along with 1-4 of BW. GI has the hype game down perfectly. meanwhile BA 1050 is STILL sitting at at least two places that I have checked. I can't complain that there are still wild frontiers of craft beer where you can still seek out the best without much hassle. A FBSxXOCO combo surpasses so much out there imho.

Curtis50cent, I have passed on both numerous times. IMHO, a place like Beeradvocate is not a bad gauge at all for those unknown purchases. Both have fruit additions. Mango Mag is sitting at a 3.63, which is pretty mediocre given its price point. Lizard of Koz has blueberries in it. I do not ever think I would want that in a BBA stout.. Maybe a sour or just a normal fruit beer. Mango Mag was packaged on 2/16 and is sitting for very good reason imho.

Mangudai954, I saw you mention SA white christmas. So utterly par for the course. Its not bad for a one time a year drink. But that coriander so reminds me of other witbiers and even the likes of Blue Moon who sort of do it better, or the same. So there becomes an element that makes it no different at all.

I revisited Fat Tire today.. Sort of a sweet malty bite. Right there in the backbone is a nice malt sweetness with not much else going for it. No hops to blow your mind. But its a truly subtle session beer for me. Awesome revisit imho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom