NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by breakin necks

sierra nevada pale ale FTW!
Yup
pimp.gif

e1doc0.jpg

If you're ever in the Pacific Northwest...this on tap-only brew is a NECESSITY to have

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

out and about in Manhatten friday night i tried Allagash Curieux. 11% abv. wasnt much of a fan. not a beer to just chill out with.

i should get paid by Brewster the way ive been getting people in on this app
laugh.gif

Ive gotten like 12 of my homies on it haha. Other than YOU I have no competition hahahaha 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

out and about in Manhatten friday night i tried Allagash Curieux. 11% abv. wasnt much of a fan. not a beer to just chill out with.

i should get paid by Brewster the way ive been getting people in on this app
laugh.gif

Ive gotten like 12 of my homies on it haha. Other than YOU I have no competition hahahaha 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Just bought Victory Summer Love, Ale Smith IPA, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin, Hoptober, Hof original and IPA Stone.

Will be back with reviews.
sumpin is good but ipa stone is terrible
frown.gif
 Blasphemy Sir. Blasphemy...

Just bought Victory Summer Love, Ale Smith IPA, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin, Hoptober, Hof original and IPA Stone.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

frown.gif
just saying that there are tons of better ipa's out there

stone ipa wasn't hoppy at all

frown.gif
just saying that there are tons of better ipa's out there

stone ipa wasn't hoppy at all

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Just had lunch at this local place called Lexington Avenue Brewery and I was surprised at how good it was. Their IPA and Summer Wheat beers were espically tasty. Only thing that sucks was having to go back to work after a nice lunch with great beer.

Local brews can definitely throw you around. Three 20 ounce mugs later, and just $15 bucks, and I'm feeling it... Not to say those cheap drinkers are missing out, but it would literally take me 12 light beers or 4 hours of time to feel the way I feel compared to just two hours and 3 mugs later at the local shop.... Local breweries are highly underrated almost wherever you go... 7% ABV beers that taste great at the same price as a 4.9%..... Evem your 4.9%s are as cheap here as the 4%s "imports" at other local bars... Local breweries can be the main places to make things happen. no doubt. Like some shirts I've seen say" Support your local brewery". These places are all sorts of fun. Price, taste, variety. all in one. There's nothing like a brewery buzz
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This place had a 100 IBU IPA that tasted almost nothing like what their IBU suggests. I believe their numbers but it was just so smooth.. They also had an Imperial Red with a 120 IBU and 8% ABV, as their seasonal. Again, another smooth drinking beer.. My favorite may have been their cloudy Beligian Wit beer. Sitting in at 4.9%ABV, it was a sweeter seasonal variety.

Tomorrow yields a local IPA challenge. That should be fun if I make my way out there. 10+ breweries on hand to compete for the best in the state. It's crazy what a few dollars will get you to sample all these

This is what Ive been trying to tell my people. My boys always want to go to some bar and drink crappy beer for 3 hours when we could go to a local brewery and get better quality for the same price with the same buzz. They seem to think that its gonna be packed full of old farts talking about walking to school up hill both ways.
Eh whatever. I had Rogue Dead Guy Ale last night for the first time and it was bawse. First beer ive given five stars on my brewster app 
laugh.gif
 I also got my hands on some red brick ale. I was told you can only find it in 6 southern states and it was one of the best beers ive had as well. I recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on it.
A brewery buzz is far superior
laugh.gif
. I've seen all walks of life at these places. I'm telling you, it feels like some sort of revolution. Females you thought would never enjoy a Red or Stout right there sipping away.
A lot of these places don't serve food so they let you bring outside food in. It's crazy how accommodating some of these places are...
Join a Mug club or a yearly membership for $25 and receive $10 worth of beer right off the bat in a growler gift... 10% keg purchases... $1 off pints. And one club member can pay the whole tab for a group and get the discount.
Some of these places just love that you're showing interest that theyll give you  a brewery tour. I've mentioned it before, but even some of the bigger guys do them for free. Redhook supplied all of us with 5-6 pitchers worth. Sams Adams in Boston was a treat.
And just as Beer Wars shows in video form, distributing out good beer can be hard to do. The incentives given at some of these smaller places need to be appreciated. My area can't be the only one with brewery taprooms.
--------------------------

World of Beers sounds awesome. Hoegaarden has a unique taste. Definitely not a fan. Yet I generally like that style of beer. And it has gotten great reviews.. Reviews can be weird like that. Never let someone say something bad about what you're drinking

There's a restaurant out in Vegas which has like 50-60 beers on tap. Nothing like that where I live.. The best I can get is 32 local brews on tap at a hamburger joint
---------
I just recently tried a New Belgium Somersault beer.. I enjoyed a couple one night. But the next day, I wasn't fond of the smell. Once I like a beer, I can usually stick with it forever. But this was different.. maybe a bad bottle?
laugh.gif

Pumkin spiced beers are soon approaching. Nice transition away from the summer brews.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Just had lunch at this local place called Lexington Avenue Brewery and I was surprised at how good it was. Their IPA and Summer Wheat beers were espically tasty. Only thing that sucks was having to go back to work after a nice lunch with great beer.

Local brews can definitely throw you around. Three 20 ounce mugs later, and just $15 bucks, and I'm feeling it... Not to say those cheap drinkers are missing out, but it would literally take me 12 light beers or 4 hours of time to feel the way I feel compared to just two hours and 3 mugs later at the local shop.... Local breweries are highly underrated almost wherever you go... 7% ABV beers that taste great at the same price as a 4.9%..... Evem your 4.9%s are as cheap here as the 4%s "imports" at other local bars... Local breweries can be the main places to make things happen. no doubt. Like some shirts I've seen say" Support your local brewery". These places are all sorts of fun. Price, taste, variety. all in one. There's nothing like a brewery buzz
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This place had a 100 IBU IPA that tasted almost nothing like what their IBU suggests. I believe their numbers but it was just so smooth.. They also had an Imperial Red with a 120 IBU and 8% ABV, as their seasonal. Again, another smooth drinking beer.. My favorite may have been their cloudy Beligian Wit beer. Sitting in at 4.9%ABV, it was a sweeter seasonal variety.

Tomorrow yields a local IPA challenge. That should be fun if I make my way out there. 10+ breweries on hand to compete for the best in the state. It's crazy what a few dollars will get you to sample all these

This is what Ive been trying to tell my people. My boys always want to go to some bar and drink crappy beer for 3 hours when we could go to a local brewery and get better quality for the same price with the same buzz. They seem to think that its gonna be packed full of old farts talking about walking to school up hill both ways.
Eh whatever. I had Rogue Dead Guy Ale last night for the first time and it was bawse. First beer ive given five stars on my brewster app 
laugh.gif
 I also got my hands on some red brick ale. I was told you can only find it in 6 southern states and it was one of the best beers ive had as well. I recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on it.
A brewery buzz is far superior
laugh.gif
. I've seen all walks of life at these places. I'm telling you, it feels like some sort of revolution. Females you thought would never enjoy a Red or Stout right there sipping away.
A lot of these places don't serve food so they let you bring outside food in. It's crazy how accommodating some of these places are...
Join a Mug club or a yearly membership for $25 and receive $10 worth of beer right off the bat in a growler gift... 10% keg purchases... $1 off pints. And one club member can pay the whole tab for a group and get the discount.
Some of these places just love that you're showing interest that theyll give you  a brewery tour. I've mentioned it before, but even some of the bigger guys do them for free. Redhook supplied all of us with 5-6 pitchers worth. Sams Adams in Boston was a treat.
And just as Beer Wars shows in video form, distributing out good beer can be hard to do. The incentives given at some of these smaller places need to be appreciated. My area can't be the only one with brewery taprooms.
--------------------------

World of Beers sounds awesome. Hoegaarden has a unique taste. Definitely not a fan. Yet I generally like that style of beer. And it has gotten great reviews.. Reviews can be weird like that. Never let someone say something bad about what you're drinking

There's a restaurant out in Vegas which has like 50-60 beers on tap. Nothing like that where I live.. The best I can get is 32 local brews on tap at a hamburger joint
---------
I just recently tried a New Belgium Somersault beer.. I enjoyed a couple one night. But the next day, I wasn't fond of the smell. Once I like a beer, I can usually stick with it forever. But this was different.. maybe a bad bottle?
laugh.gif

Pumkin spiced beers are soon approaching. Nice transition away from the summer brews.

frown.gif

Liked the Stone, but sumpin sumpin was the best IPA I have had. EVER.

frown.gif

Liked the Stone, but sumpin sumpin was the best IPA I have had. EVER.

Corona Light and Yuengling regularly, but do get into the seasonal stuff. Picked up some Pumpkinhead Ale at my local Publix last night...
pumpkin.gif

Corona Light and Yuengling regularly, but do get into the seasonal stuff. Picked up some Pumpkinhead Ale at my local Publix last night...
pumpkin.gif

Originally Posted by sniper

pumpkin.gif

pimp.gif
 good stuff

Originally Posted by sniper

pumpkin.gif

pimp.gif
 good stuff

Back
Top Bottom