NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Funny. Like I said I felt like an amateur but realize it's just a pissing contest alot of times.

I saw a dude use his gf to mule some brews. He had two cases. She had one. $350 worth of beer. She did not Seem happy.

Real cool to try once a year or whatever but this craps expensive. Ended up with 4 crowlers costing $12-16, and four four packs and a six pack. Nothing cheaper than $15, and I probably got off the lightest of every person picking stuff up. Some heavy trading I guess.

Crowlers are a bit of a farce. I think you save $1-2 on what would cost you for two pints. But if that's the only to go options, you take what you can get. Who woulda thought $18 four packs would be considered a good deal on this trip.

That's why I've cooled down on the brewery only releases. Once you've had a lot of these NE IPAs from these breweries, you've pretty much had them all. There's only a few breweries I'd go out of my way to get beer from and have no issue paying for any of their beers. Some of them include Treehouse, Trillium, Other Half and Tired Hands

Hello fellow beer drinkers. I’m taking a trip to Chicago in a few weeks. Was looking to try out some of the best beers the city has to offer. Any recommendations or tips on which breweries to hit up would be very appreciated.

Hello fellow beer drinkers. I’m taking a trip to Chicago in a few weeks. Was looking to try out some of the best beers the city has to offer. Any recommendations or tips on which breweries to hit up would be very appreciated.
Hit up Half Acre. Daisy cutter is a favorite of mine and an absolute gem. Best representation of the American Pale Ale imo

Yup ^ Almost had that in the Chicago airport. Had to pass on a $10 pint can. Did check the date though lol. Only 3 wks old.

Yup ^ Almost had that in the Chicago airport. Had to pass on a $10 pint can. Did check the date though lol. Only 3 wks old.
Lucky, by the time Daisy Cutter makes it my way it's already over a month old. And nobody really buys it so it sits before stock is replenished. Local distributor has cans from May smh

Nah. I'm out on the island.

I'll say this much about Other Half: they make incredible beers, it's a great place to pick up cans/bottles/get growler fills, but I've been to the tasting room one time for the exclusive purpose of drinking on premises and that was enough. It's a cramped, slightly-dingy space with not that much going on other than good beer. Having said that: can releases are every other Saturday and you'd be a fool not to go if you were in the area.

Other good NYC/Brooklyn spots are as follows: Torst, Threes Brewing, Blind Tiger, Proletariat, Covenhoven, Fool's Gold, The Cannibal, Barcade.

If you are to go, definitely recommend Torst and Threes above all else. Threes is brewing beer that's just as good (if not better) than Other Half. They just don't get the attention because they don't bottle or can yet. They also have some awesome stuff from other breweries on tap. Hill Farmstead Dorothy was on tap last time I was there.

Found this post from almost 3 years ago, @Comparison Ford. This still apply papi? Gonna be in Manhattan for 2 nights (Herald Square specifically). OH is 100% a go and looking to add on.

wallyhopp wallyhopp , feel free to chime in. I'm not gonna have transportation outside of Uber & subway.

Also, I'm gonna be in Portland, ME for one night and Boston for 5 nights.

For Portland, I got Bissell Brothers & Mast Landing.

Boston, Trillium & Treehouse.

All recs invited :D

If you have time, I believe Allagash is out that way too in Maine? They make spme of the best representation of Belgian style beers

Go to Fort Point Market which is literally next door to Trillium in Fort Point

Check their social media to get an idea of what they receive

Parking in that area is horrible at best...if you can duck in the little street by the entrance of Trillium and park out front, do it

If you don’t feel like spending the bread to eat out for every meal, go to Harry’s cheese and cold cuts to get some meat and cheese, and a baguette...you can park in the haymarket garage which is very direct to him and he will validate your parking so it’ll cost you $1 up to three hours...and if hot out he can give you some cold packs

If you go there Friday or Saturday there will be so large farmers market with really cheap produce

Found this post from almost 3 years ago, @Comparison Ford. This still apply papi? Gonna be in Manhattan for 2 nights (Herald Square specifically). OH is 100% a go and looking to add on.

wallyhopp wallyhopp , feel free to chime in. I'm not gonna have transportation outside of Uber & subway.
Can't say too much about that older post or even current NYC. But I've been following check ins on untappd. Probably the best source. There's a place called ' as is NYC '. Its by time square. They have been getting some Hudson valley brews, equilibrium, district 96, and OH.

Cford hooked me up with a general brewery list

District 96/ equilibrium/ Hudson valley for the upper White plains namely west of wp. Suarez is 90 min north of tappan zee bridge.
-----
For NYC,
Other Half, Grimm, LIC Beer Project, Finback, Barrier, Sand City

Pretty much look for any place servicing or selling their brews. Big focus on ipas on all of em though.

Go to Fort Point Market which is literally next door to Trillium in Fort Point

Check their social media to get an idea of what they receive

Parking in that area is horrible at best...if you can duck in the little street by the entrance of Trillium and park out front, do it

If you don’t feel like spending the bread to eat out for every meal, go to Harry’s cheese and cold cuts to get some meat and cheese, and a baguette...you can park in the haymarket garage which is very direct to him and he will validate your parking so it’ll cost you $1 up to three hours...and if hot out he can give you some cold packs

If you go there Friday or Saturday there will be so large farmers market with really cheap produce

Noted. My hotel is 1.8 miles away in Copley Park so I'm definitely gonna Uber to Trillium/Ft. Point. I'm gonna be in Boston Sunday night and taking the Amtrak to NYC Friday late morning. I'm there for a work conference so I'm pretty much booked during the day and I'll only be able to be a tourist at night.

If you have time, I believe Allagash is out that way too in Maine? They make spme of the best representation of Belgian style beers

Yea Allagash is right outside Portland. There's like 3 other breweries within the same block so I'm thinking of hitting that area up. Not the biggest fan of Allagash's stuff, but since I'm already there.....

Also. Lots of.little places like this one in bronxville ny
https://untappd.com/v/beer-noggin/3...722e570&bid=49892&utm_source=ut_fb_share_menu

Not totally found on some searches. But there out there. Beer menus is a good source too.

It's looking like blind tiger is still getting some good stuff. Go to untappd and try to check or search for a brew. There's. Trending location area where you can enter city or zip code. You'll get an idea of what places have.

Right now as is NYC is just killing it with the local IPA/sour/saison.
https://untappd.com/v/as-is-nyc/3803461

Last edited:
Appreciate the suggestions wallyhopp wallyhopp , but I won't be able to travel too far north of Central Park or too far east of Brooklyn. It's gonna be a time crunch with just 2 nights and public transportation & Uber.

Right now OH & Grimm are on the list. May hit up Torst. Proletariat looks like a go since I already have dinner reservations at a spot right next door. Will try to hit up Blind Tiger.

Appreciate the suggestions wallyhopp wallyhopp , but I won't be able to travel too far north of Central Park or too far east of Brooklyn. It's gonna be a time crunch with just 2 nights and public transportation & Uber.
As is is 10th ave and w 50th st. Three blocks west of time square. Pretty much what ive been driving and trying for three days. Get the NY IPA experience in one spot. Sort of becomes a must now that I'm.looking at it.

As is is 10th ave and w 50th st. Three blocks west of time square. Pretty much what ive been driving and trying for three days. Get the NY IPA experience in one spot. Sort of becomes a must now that I'm.looking at it.

Dope, gonna have to check it out. There was something I was gonna check out in Hell's Kitchen so I'll double up. Bookmarked on Google Maps.

Post 10 hour work day. I actually like this
image.jpg

Great day at TH.
CFA4F6A9-4C52-4DAA-8F08-2A876D4A42ED.jpeg

Without rambling on too much, beer wise, I think 90% of the hype and flavor appeal is in the mouthfeel and finish. None blew me away aroma wise but that pillowly soft mouthfeel and clean non chalky or non abrasive finish is just unworldly.

I'll get to trying cans in the coming days but the six I sampled were really nice. I guess it was a subdued day despite the lines but I almost wanna say they are worth the hype. Some of the cheaper prices around too. I can see why some go crazy on allotments. 7 total cases per person allowed yesterday.

Great day at TH.
CFA4F6A9-4C52-4DAA-8F08-2A876D4A42ED.jpeg

Without rambling on too much, beer wise, I think 90% of the hype and flavor appeal is in the mouthfeel and finish. None blew me away aroma wise but that pillowly soft mouthfeel and clean non chalky or non abrasive finish is just unworldly.

I'll get to trying cans in the coming days but the six I sampled were really nice. I guess it was a subdued day despite the lines but I almost wanna say they are worth the hype. Some of the cheaper prices around too. I can see why some go crazy on allotments. 7 total cases per person allowed yesterday.
I'm taking a trip to Boston with my girl in October. I cannot wait to go to treehouse. I'm gonna get two full allotments of green if it's available .

I agree that the best thing about treehouse is he softness and mouthfeel. Such easy drinking, flavorful beers at a decent cost. It's like what, $3 a can?

I'm taking a trip to Boston with my girl in October. I cannot wait to go to treehouse. I'm gonna get two full allotments of green if it's available .

I agree that the best thing about treehouse is he softness and mouthfeel. Such easy drinking, flavorful beers at a decent cost. It's like what, $3 a can?
Anywhere from $2.80 to $5/can. Which when you look at other places, they are doing $18-$20 four packs of somewhat inferior products.
What's released for the day is on their website morning of. Allotments get gobbled up and change through each day too. Like today, 7 beers available vs 6 yesterday. Brrrrigghht is new today. Unless you have three days to pick and choose a day, you pretty much go in blindly and hope they release what you really love.

I'd like to go back to TH but not easy w/ three kids now

Or have someone I'm friends w/ go there...someone I know was there for their anniversary and grabbed me a few things but I've still yet to try Julius and Haze

When I went last summer I believe the allotments the day I was there was 9 cans of each beer, they had Bright and Eureka (I think w/ galaxy)

Almost needless to say, I maxed out and had my wife who was pregnant at the time to use some to trade in Boston and bring home to friends

Cford may be able to confirm because he was there the same day

Back
Top Bottom