NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Just browsed through here. Might have to hit up my local micro brew spot, especially now that it's getting cooler out.

Been meaning to go pick up a good Chimay, any suggestions?

Just browsed through here. Might have to hit up my local micro brew spot, especially now that it's getting cooler out.

Been meaning to go pick up a good Chimay, any suggestions?

How did I NOT see this ...
30t6p3b.gif

Shame on me

I gotta step my brew game up ..

But aye if you're near the area ..

http://www.dasbestoktoberfest.com/

Originally Posted by AJChick23

tumblr_lqym3kCznm1qa6r2do1_500.jpg

A few brews I picked up last week
smokin.gif
Bottles look cool
laugh.gif
I've always wondered though, do people like you just randomly buy beers and hope they taste good or is there some formula you have in picking them? Bc that right there just looks like you said eenie meenie miney moe. No offense tho, I'm tryna step my beer game up so just picking some brains. Great thread BTW

smokin.gif
Bottles look cool
laugh.gif
I've always wondered though, do people like you just randomly buy beers and hope they taste good or is there some formula you have in picking them? Bc that right there just looks like you said eenie meenie miney moe. No offense tho, I'm tryna step my beer game up so just picking some brains. Great thread BTW

From left to right we have:

Erdinger Weissbier Hefeweizen
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Delirium Nocturnum
Dogfish Head Burton Baton
Lagunitas IPA
Hofbrau Hefeweizen
Schneider Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse
How's the Burton Baton?  I've been meaning to try some.

also Lagunitas IPA
pimp.gif

As for the question above, recently I've been getting into exploring nicer beers so I've been doing a similar thing in that I'll buy single bottles of a bunch of different things.  While drinking them I try and figure out what I like about the beer and what styles I like and then based on this search out similar beers.  I'm relatively inexperienced with beer so for now I'm going to stick to that strategy but once I find stuff that I really like, I think I'll start picking up 6ers and cases of it.

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Delirium Nocturnum
Lagunitas IPA
Hofbrau Hefeweizen

also Lagunitas IPA
pimp.gif

As for the question above, recently I've been getting into exploring nicer beers so I've been doing a similar thing in that I'll buy single bottles of a bunch of different things.  While drinking them I try and figure out what I like about the beer and what styles I like and then based on this search out similar beers.  I'm relatively inexperienced with beer so for now I'm going to stick to that strategy but once I find stuff that I really like, I think I'll start picking up 6ers and cases of it.

smokin.gif

Nice choices.
Lagunitas is probably my favorite brewer.  Really innovative brews and a wide range of styles.  Their IPA is TOO good.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

as far as Chimay goes for me, Premiere (red) > Grande Reserve (blue) > Tripel (white)

you got the red and the blue mixed up homie.  I was just
30t6p3b.gif
at myself because of how good the blue was
laugh.gif

Septemberfest events are coming up.. Beer fests are so fun. Almost every mid to major city has something this month.

Just recently bought a pint of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier. Tasted much like other Hefeweizens, just a little more refined.

Some local places have been making some great seasonal Belgium Wits.. 5.6 to 7% beers that taste nothing of that sort. Plus they are the same price as other beers sitting near a more traditional 5%.. Talk about a bargain... At 8%, this place up charges for their Double IPA. But 7%ers stay among some of the best deals.. I'm not drinking it just for the deal at hand but the overall sweetness.. Think a better tasting blue moon

burton baton is very good stuff. i've been aging a case of them for about a year now.

I tried some after about 6-8 months or so and the hops have mellowed out a bit.

Septemberfest events are coming up.. Beer fests are so fun. Almost every mid to major city has something this month.

Just recently bought a pint of Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier. Tasted much like other Hefeweizens, just a little more refined.

Some local places have been making some great seasonal Belgium Wits.. 5.6 to 7% beers that taste nothing of that sort. Plus they are the same price as other beers sitting near a more traditional 5%.. Talk about a bargain... At 8%, this place up charges for their Double IPA. But 7%ers stay among some of the best deals.. I'm not drinking it just for the deal at hand but the overall sweetness.. Think a better tasting blue moon

burton baton is very good stuff. i've been aging a case of them for about a year now.

smokin.gif

Nice choices.
Lagunitas is probably my favorite brewer.  Really innovative brews and a wide range of styles.  Their IPA is TOO good.

as far as Chimay goes for me, Premiere (red) > Grande Reserve (blue) > Tripel (white)

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Hey Keith yeah..there's usually some type of method to my madness..beware of the long breakdown in the spoiler
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I like hefeweizens so I check out some reviews on BA and look for them whenever I go to my local spot. Mastamind89 recommended the dark version of Erdinger which I tried a few weeks ago so I had to try the traditional version too)

My friend is a big IPA fan so he recommended a couple..plus Cigar City is a great semi-new brewery located here in Florida and we are fans of mostly all of their brews.

Same friend and I are fans of Dogfish Head Brewery so anything by them is autocopped..plus that Burton Baton one up there is 10%
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Delirium Nocturnum = the dark version of Delirium Tremens (veryyy good but a tad overpriced) so I wanted to try the dark version of it.

..anyways I will say..if something catches my eye I will read about it and just pick it up randomly..

Oh, and no I'm not a beer snob..not even close because I'm still learning ..and I like helping people so if you want recommendations just hit me up

Spoiler [+]
Hi HARM
smile.gif

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

pimp.gif
I knew DFH wouldn't disappoint. Can't wait to try it..I might do the same and see how it goes.

Hey Keith yeah..there's usually some type of method to my madness..beware of the long breakdown in the spoiler
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I like hefeweizens so I check out some reviews on BA and look for them whenever I go to my local spot. Mastamind89 recommended the dark version of Erdinger which I tried a few weeks ago so I had to try the traditional version too)

My friend is a big IPA fan so he recommended a couple..plus Cigar City is a great semi-new brewery located here in Florida and we are fans of mostly all of their brews.

Same friend and I are fans of Dogfish Head Brewery so anything by them is autocopped..plus that Burton Baton one up there is 10%
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Delirium Nocturnum = the dark version of Delirium Tremens (veryyy good but a tad overpriced) so I wanted to try the dark version of it.

..anyways I will say..if something catches my eye I will read about it and just pick it up randomly..

Oh, and no I'm not a beer snob..not even close because I'm still learning ..and I like helping people so if you want recommendations just hit me up

Spoiler [+]
Hi HARM
smile.gif

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

pimp.gif
I knew DFH wouldn't disappoint. Can't wait to try it..I might do the same and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

smokin.gif

Nice choices.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
That's the first brew I tried by them and it was pretty good!

Originally Posted by timbo109

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Delirium Nocturnum
Lagunitas IPA
Hofbrau Hefeweizen

also Lagunitas IPA
pimp.gif

Still haven't tried the Burton Baton but itz rOLLi approves!
..and good advice right here..singles to explore what types you like..also hit up a beerfest or two..a lot of fun and you try a ton of craft beer for usually a decent price.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

smokin.gif

Nice choices.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
That's the first brew I tried by them and it was pretty good!

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Delirium Nocturnum
Lagunitas IPA
Hofbrau Hefeweizen

also Lagunitas IPA
pimp.gif

Still haven't tried the Burton Baton but itz rOLLi approves!
..and good advice right here..singles to explore what types you like..also hit up a beerfest or two..a lot of fun and you try a ton of craft beer for usually a decent price.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Oh, and no I'm not a beer snob ..and I like helping people so if you want recommendations just hit me up
Thanks for the responses. Timbo that probably the approach I'll take. The problem now is mostly finding a place that sells single bottles. The Wegmans near me has an awesome selection of beers but I either get overwhelmed by all the choices or the prices for the packs are
sick.gif
and I'm scared I'll spend the money and not like em. But once I find a spot I'll probably do like you and take note of the things I like about em.

@AJChick "hefeweizens"...thats the kind of word I see on a bottle, have no idea what it means so I punk out and buy some Heinekens
laugh.gif
But yea I'm def gonna be more adventurous with my beer now. I just made a big move so I'm feeling more grown up, figured my taste in beer should too. BTW whats BA? I'm guessing some type of brew forum?

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Oh, and no I'm not a beer snob ..and I like helping people so if you want recommendations just hit me up
Thanks for the responses. Timbo that probably the approach I'll take. The problem now is mostly finding a place that sells single bottles. The Wegmans near me has an awesome selection of beers but I either get overwhelmed by all the choices or the prices for the packs are
sick.gif
and I'm scared I'll spend the money and not like em. But once I find a spot I'll probably do like you and take note of the things I like about em.

@AJChick "hefeweizens"...thats the kind of word I see on a bottle, have no idea what it means so I punk out and buy some Heinekens
laugh.gif
But yea I'm def gonna be more adventurous with my beer now. I just made a big move so I'm feeling more grown up, figured my taste in beer should too. BTW whats BA? I'm guessing some type of brew forum?

Whenever you see Hefeweizen..Weissbier ..Witbier that just means its a wheat beer of some sort..guaranteed to not kill you and will please you more than that Heiney
laugh.gif

and BA is Beer advocate...very helpful forum because you get a rating for any beer you can think + in depth reviews.

Whenever you see Hefeweizen..Weissbier ..Witbier that just means its a wheat beer of some sort..guaranteed to not kill you and will please you more than that Heiney
laugh.gif

and BA is Beer advocate...very helpful forum because you get a rating for any beer you can think + in depth reviews.

smokin.gif
I want to try the Cigar City brews so badly.

The Maduro series sounds so good, but they don't distribute to Indiana.

Back
Top Bottom