NT what do ya see in this dude?

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I always compare this N to a really good action movie...
Yeah their might not be anything going on and there is no story but you not going to tell me the +%$+ don't look good and it's not entertaining...

He don't say +%$+ but his flow and the words he uses makes it sound like he is... 
Co-sign. I don't get why other people don't get this either. I see it in films too. I see people going into Transformers and Die Hard and expecting a good story. You know what you get when you see those flicks. You can't judge them on the same scale as a Godfather(a Jay-Z). You judge them on the type of music they cater to and in that regard Rawse has good music. He's a good rapper that doesn't say $%@ in his lyrics and doesn't wow you with punchlines.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I always compare this N to a really good action movie...
Yeah their might not be anything going on and there is no story but you not going to tell me the +%$+ don't look good and it's not entertaining...

He don't say +%$+ but his flow and the words he uses makes it sound like he is... 
Co-sign. I don't get why other people don't get this either. I see it in films too. I see people going into Transformers and Die Hard and expecting a good story. You know what you get when you see those flicks. You can't judge them on the same scale as a Godfather(a Jay-Z). You judge them on the type of music they cater to and in that regard Rawse has good music. He's a good rapper that doesn't say $%@ in his lyrics and doesn't wow you with punchlines.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Makes u wonder y N's like Budden
aint in his position.

Cuz Buddens can't make a hit or radio friendly music ...

I don't wanna hear that emo !@+@ ..

$*!%%+ want super multi syllabic ,Double entendre spittin on everything ..
laugh.gif

What do you want this @#%*# to rap about? he found his lane and is running with it

And If you bumpin Teflon Don everyday I don't see why you're complainin' ..

Lyrical ability alone does not equal good music ...

you gotta rate rappers on a total package scale like madden

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Makes u wonder y N's like Budden
aint in his position.

Cuz Buddens can't make a hit or radio friendly music ...

I don't wanna hear that emo !@+@ ..

$*!%%+ want super multi syllabic ,Double entendre spittin on everything ..
laugh.gif

What do you want this @#%*# to rap about? he found his lane and is running with it

And If you bumpin Teflon Don everyday I don't see why you're complainin' ..

Lyrical ability alone does not equal good music ...

you gotta rate rappers on a total package scale like madden

Cant rly rap about anything wit out tellin a lie so might as well spit over-stuffed nothin. Realized while listenin to trilla (still think its his best album) hes somewat ADD how u talkin bout yo dad then chocolate milk make u fart real bad wat

Cant rly rap about anything wit out tellin a lie so might as well spit over-stuffed nothin. Realized while listenin to trilla (still think its his best album) hes somewat ADD how u talkin bout yo dad then chocolate milk make u fart real bad wat

man, ya'll sound like some suckers.

ricky's got quite a few real messages throughout Teflon Don.

Free Mason
Code:
I go in the grave before I be a bich !!+!!Better behave you dealin' with some rich !!+!!we the lost symbolsspeak in cryptic codesancient wisdomvaluable like gifts of GoldI embark on lifemy path is all mathI understand the codes these hackers can't crackI understand these folks expect me to foldcommunity control to violate paroleI wont fail but a lot of men willI'm iconic in the fieldlike Solomons SealUh, it's just in an introallow my flow time to sink into the templeFree MasonFree LancerFree Agents, we fasterBig contracts, big contractorsbuilt pyramids, periodWe Mastersno caterpillers, it was just a lot of *$+*%+A lot of great thinkers and a lot of great inventorsAll white mansion, I'm the child of GodAll black diamonds times were hardNew Rolls Royce Guess you made it !!+!!all white neighbourhood you they favourite !!+!!you they favourite !!+!!my top back like JFKthey wanna push my top back like JFKSo, So I JFK,join forces with the kings and we ate all dayright now I could rewrite historyI stopped writing so $##$ itI'll do it mentallyTears of JoyThe Bobby Seale Speech he sampled:
last night i cried tears of joy
what did we do to deserve this?
not to dwell on the the past
but to keep it real i gotta represent for Emmett Till
all the dead souls in the field
lookin' at my rolly its about that time
White man had a problem with mine
and we suppose to be shy???
the revolutions televised,
Bobby Seale on the rise

Maybach Music III (If Pusha T Spit this ya'll would be nutting yourselves)
Code:
I'm in the hood like I'm James EvansCashmere hand-made sweaterMe and money got a vendettaLooking back, to tell the truth I could've did bettaParents never had a good jobNow it's Black American Express cards, uh
Live Fast, Die Young
Code:
Seems like we gettin' money for the wrong thingsLook around, Maseratis for the whole teamLook at Haiti, children dyin' round the clock, !!+!!I sent a hundred grand, but that's a decent watch, !!+!!I'm gettin' better, 'cause it woulda leased a drop, !!+!!I'ma get my money right, just watch, !!+!!She had a miscarriage, I couldn't cry, though‘Cause you and I know she was only my side !#*All the Money in the WorldI'd never trade my old girl for all the money in the world.I'd never trade my daughter Toya for all the money in the world.I'd never trade my only boy for all the money in the world.I put my last name first!I can hear my Daddy sayin, "lil !!+!! go get 'em!"Passed in '99 cancer all in his liver.#*#*, difference since we last spoke, his son a lil richer.I'd never rap again if I could tell him that I miss him.Why the $##$ I own the world when I can't share it with him?Bust his !#@ his whole life, just wanna break bread wit' him.Cryin in my mansion as I'm holdin on his picture.It's a cold and lonely world, I'm flyin solo on you *$+*%+.Being the only boy, definition of a man.All the money is the world still not a big enough advance.All the money is the world still not a big enough advance.For me to turn my back on me bein the man that I am.ChorusTurn off the lights (Turn off the lights).Take a ride with me (Take a ride with me).I wanna see you smile (I wanna see you smile).It's a fantasy (It's a fantasy).La La La La Laa (La La La La Laa).La La La La (La La La La).La La La La Laa (La La La La Laa).La La La La (La La La La).Momma gettin older feelin pains in her shoulder.I gotta stay focused and remain her little soldier.Brace a few issues in the streets begin the whisper.Prayin for you *$+*%+ still stocking up my pistols.Lil !!+!! getting murdered and buried in all white.8th grade student, y'all figure that's alright.Tryin to figure out where I'm going wit' my life.As I'm steppin on the brake and hangin a sharp right.Did my thing in the streets, seen in the streets.See me at the park on the swing with my niece.Watch chipped up, still won't switch up.First time singin so you gotta turn the #$!$$ up.There are way more examples of exceptional flow in this album, but I wanted to point out rhymes that jumped out to me as substantive, and these are only a few of those.Honestly, it's like either you don't want to like him or you live in a world where everything, including art, is black and white. That's not only unrealistic but not very fun. I could name a rapper that is literally worshipped and whose name is damn near holy to real thugs who was straight up exaggerating and making up a lifestyle that he was not living, but I'd rather not even open that can of worms.And lastly, if you take ANY musician seriously, whether it be Rick Ross or Marylin Manson or or even writers whose work is considered autobiographical like a Jack Kerouac or Hunter S. Thompson, then you are missing the point. It's all exaggeration in the name of creativity, to whatever extent.

man, ya'll sound like some suckers.

ricky's got quite a few real messages throughout Teflon Don.

Free Mason
Code:
I go in the grave before I be a bich !!+!!Better behave you dealin' with some rich !!+!!we the lost symbolsspeak in cryptic codesancient wisdomvaluable like gifts of GoldI embark on lifemy path is all mathI understand the codes these hackers can't crackI understand these folks expect me to foldcommunity control to violate paroleI wont fail but a lot of men willI'm iconic in the fieldlike Solomons SealUh, it's just in an introallow my flow time to sink into the templeFree MasonFree LancerFree Agents, we fasterBig contracts, big contractorsbuilt pyramids, periodWe Mastersno caterpillers, it was just a lot of *$+*%+A lot of great thinkers and a lot of great inventorsAll white mansion, I'm the child of GodAll black diamonds times were hardNew Rolls Royce Guess you made it !!+!!all white neighbourhood you they favourite !!+!!you they favourite !!+!!my top back like JFKthey wanna push my top back like JFKSo, So I JFK,join forces with the kings and we ate all dayright now I could rewrite historyI stopped writing so $##$ itI'll do it mentallyTears of JoyThe Bobby Seale Speech he sampled:
last night i cried tears of joy
what did we do to deserve this?
not to dwell on the the past
but to keep it real i gotta represent for Emmett Till
all the dead souls in the field
lookin' at my rolly its about that time
White man had a problem with mine
and we suppose to be shy???
the revolutions televised,
Bobby Seale on the rise

Maybach Music III (If Pusha T Spit this ya'll would be nutting yourselves)
Code:
I'm in the hood like I'm James EvansCashmere hand-made sweaterMe and money got a vendettaLooking back, to tell the truth I could've did bettaParents never had a good jobNow it's Black American Express cards, uh
Live Fast, Die Young
Code:
Seems like we gettin' money for the wrong thingsLook around, Maseratis for the whole teamLook at Haiti, children dyin' round the clock, !!+!!I sent a hundred grand, but that's a decent watch, !!+!!I'm gettin' better, 'cause it woulda leased a drop, !!+!!I'ma get my money right, just watch, !!+!!She had a miscarriage, I couldn't cry, though‘Cause you and I know she was only my side !#*All the Money in the WorldI'd never trade my old girl for all the money in the world.I'd never trade my daughter Toya for all the money in the world.I'd never trade my only boy for all the money in the world.I put my last name first!I can hear my Daddy sayin, "lil !!+!! go get 'em!"Passed in '99 cancer all in his liver.#*#*, difference since we last spoke, his son a lil richer.I'd never rap again if I could tell him that I miss him.Why the $##$ I own the world when I can't share it with him?Bust his !#@ his whole life, just wanna break bread wit' him.Cryin in my mansion as I'm holdin on his picture.It's a cold and lonely world, I'm flyin solo on you *$+*%+.Being the only boy, definition of a man.All the money is the world still not a big enough advance.All the money is the world still not a big enough advance.For me to turn my back on me bein the man that I am.ChorusTurn off the lights (Turn off the lights).Take a ride with me (Take a ride with me).I wanna see you smile (I wanna see you smile).It's a fantasy (It's a fantasy).La La La La Laa (La La La La Laa).La La La La (La La La La).La La La La Laa (La La La La Laa).La La La La (La La La La).Momma gettin older feelin pains in her shoulder.I gotta stay focused and remain her little soldier.Brace a few issues in the streets begin the whisper.Prayin for you *$+*%+ still stocking up my pistols.Lil !!+!! getting murdered and buried in all white.8th grade student, y'all figure that's alright.Tryin to figure out where I'm going wit' my life.As I'm steppin on the brake and hangin a sharp right.Did my thing in the streets, seen in the streets.See me at the park on the swing with my niece.Watch chipped up, still won't switch up.First time singin so you gotta turn the #$!$$ up.There are way more examples of exceptional flow in this album, but I wanted to point out rhymes that jumped out to me as substantive, and these are only a few of those.Honestly, it's like either you don't want to like him or you live in a world where everything, including art, is black and white. That's not only unrealistic but not very fun. I could name a rapper that is literally worshipped and whose name is damn near holy to real thugs who was straight up exaggerating and making up a lifestyle that he was not living, but I'd rather not even open that can of worms.And lastly, if you take ANY musician seriously, whether it be Rick Ross or Marylin Manson or or even writers whose work is considered autobiographical like a Jack Kerouac or Hunter S. Thompson, then you are missing the point. It's all exaggeration in the name of creativity, to whatever extent.

Back
Top Bottom