NT what Headphones you rock?

I love my Executives. Definitely a step up front he Studios. Got em for $200 as well

Listening to music in the crib:

Sol Republic Tracks

Gym, On the go:

JVC Xtreme-Xplosivs

Blow them out?

Yea I listen to some incredibly loud music, my headphones don't last.

I suppose I could pick up some Beatz with an extended warranty.
Skull Candy's have lifetime warranty and are extra cheap on their official eBay store. I had some expensive *** beats, ended up just reselling them on CL. SInce I wear mine when I hoop or lift weights and can guarantee at some point they're going to fall out of my ear and break or get my arm caught in them and break or the left ear commonly goes out, can't justify $200+. Give me some 9.99 earbuds, got some from Big Lots that even have a mic and play/pause/next/back button on them for $5

I like minalto billets if you like in ear type headphones.

Instacop if they're below $50

Love my Soul SL99's... had them about a month now, best in ears I've ever had. Tempted to try the Soul SL300's now..

I put foam tips on my earplugs, cause the rubber tips will not stay in w/ the slightest movement.

Last edited:
Dre beats when I'm home.
$15 sony earphones from Target at the gym. Honestly great headphones for the cost, loud bass and usually can't hear what people are saying to me if i have them on.

(Not my picture) 

Had V-moda M-80 and loved the sound of them. Had to return them due to them fitting me too loose on the head even on the smallest adjustment. My girl got me the M-100 and boy these things are awesome. 3D sound stage is incredible and the bass is nice and tight just like it should sound. Kind of steep pricing though...

Dope. Just got me some V Modas in mail today, got the LPs :smokin

sound great so far

Listening to music in the crib:

Sol Republic Tracks

Gym, On the go:
JVC Xtreme-Xplosivs

My Sol Republics I ordered a few weeks ago from Amazon warehouse had a short in the right ear, had high hopes for them too.
All the praise I was reading and responses I got from people who had them.
Just didn;t sound as great as I hoped.

what do you guys think of the power beats for gym usage? Do they really stay in your ears and not fall out at all? i can get them via bestbuy employee discount for a little under $90 after tax. So I'm contemplating buying the power beats or the tours, maybe even both.

I spent some serious change on my turbine pro earbuds but for $70 and under I'd go with the klipsch S4

what do you guys think of the power beats for gym usage? Do they really stay in your ears and not fall out at all? i can get them via bestbuy employee discount for a little under $90 after tax. So I'm contemplating buying the power beats or the tours, maybe even both.

I tried the power beats (granted it was 3 years ago) worked out with them once and immediately returned them. The sound SUCKED. The way they are designed, they don't go in the ear well.

Dude... get the Kilpsch S4I's, employee discount on those is pretty cheap. They sound GREAT. Honestly, at times I think they sound better than my Monster Inspiration over the ears (300$ headphones) I'm always telling people to buy them, and they still go for the beats just because of the name :smh:

Copped a Fiio E17 a few days ago. I like it but honestly, I was hoping for a bigger difference. The clarity and instrument separation to me are probably the most noticeable difference. Vocals are crisper too. Great battery life, you can adjust the treble, bass, and its small. I heard they're suppose to be dropping a E18 and E19. We'll see how those perform when they drop. Either way, I'll probably upgrade to a usb dac/amp in the mid to high $200 range next year. I'm on the look out for some over or on ear closed phones that have removable cables. I can be a bit rough on headphones, doesn't make sense to spend hundreds if an ear is going to go out after a year.

I skimmed some reviews and also looked at user feedback. These appear to have some of the issues the beats by dres have. Better can be had for less money, and they break relatively easy. With the Powers, people have also complained that the controls are not sweat proof and malfunctioned on them.

Imo you should pick out the nicest phones you're willing to spend on at BB and check out some reviews for them online.

Dude... get the Kilpsch S4I's, employee discount on those is pretty cheap. They sound GREAT. Honestly, at times I think they sound better than my Monster Inspiration over the ears (300$ headphones) I'm always telling people to buy them, and they still go for the beats just because of the name :smh:

This.

Last edited:
Been using Monster Turbines for almost three years now, on my second pair though.  The sound went out in the left ear of my first pair and Monster replaced them for free.  Bass is pretty good and the sound is clear.  The rubber tips they come with are the best for bass and clarity, but they're prone to falling off.  The headphones also fallout of your ear pretty easily, so you have to push them back in while you're walking.  It's just a minor annoyance to me, but that's probably because I'm use to it.  Wouldn't advise paying over $60 - $70 for them though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom