NT, what is up with based god/Lil B or whatever?

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

What am I missing? I have been seeing this for over a year now and I don't even
laugh.gif
.And I was like, "well maybe he is a good rapper?" so i youtube dude and...................................................
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
I ain't even mad, just confused
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lil B is as well.. Used to listen to this dude two or three years ago, once he got big and started engaging in all of this suspect *%+*, I just stopped listening to this clown.[/color]
Ok hipster.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

What am I missing? I have been seeing this for over a year now and I don't even
laugh.gif
.And I was like, "well maybe he is a good rapper?" so i youtube dude and...................................................
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
I ain't even mad, just confused
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lil B is as well.. Used to listen to this dude two or three years ago, once he got big and started engaging in all of this suspect *%+*, I just stopped listening to this clown.[/color]
Ok hipster.

His gimmick is better than his music, unfortunately. He was able to build a following because he was so different, but as he gets more exposure, he encounters a double-edged sword. More people listening to his music means more people, more people are finding out it's just not that good. If he were to put out a serious project soon with quality music, he could actually see something come of all this. Dude's really just a few more gif's away from obscurity.

His gimmick is better than his music, unfortunately. He was able to build a following because he was so different, but as he gets more exposure, he encounters a double-edged sword. More people listening to his music means more people, more people are finding out it's just not that good. If he were to put out a serious project soon with quality music, he could actually see something come of all this. Dude's really just a few more gif's away from obscurity.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

oh, so his just like soulja boy? Except for a little bit better (i hope
laugh.gif
). Just made money off of a trend (smart) but won't last long etc

oh, so his just like soulja boy? Except for a little bit better (i hope
laugh.gif
). Just made money off of a trend (smart) but won't last long etc

lilbangelsexodusdopehoo.jpg

lilbangelsexodusdopehoo.jpg

I JUST asked this same question about two/three weeks ago and got the same runaround. Lil B has that kind of popularity where people are just happy that they like something different so they defend it by saying "you just don't get it". But I got some insight from a cat over in the music forum Scott Hall With a Pick and here's my take on it.

Lil B isn't making "rap songs", he's telling stories, more like spoken word over beats using a stream of consciousness method. His core fans relate to his story and like that he's doing something different. The rest of us can't understand why this dude doesn't rhyme, doesn't stay on beat and says the most off the wall "lyrics" that are almost incoherent.

And I'm sure that a certain segment of followers is hoping that he really is "the gay rapper", to blaze the trail. *

* I know that sounds like flame bait (no pun intended) but I'm serious.

I JUST asked this same question about two/three weeks ago and got the same runaround. Lil B has that kind of popularity where people are just happy that they like something different so they defend it by saying "you just don't get it". But I got some insight from a cat over in the music forum Scott Hall With a Pick and here's my take on it.

Lil B isn't making "rap songs", he's telling stories, more like spoken word over beats using a stream of consciousness method. His core fans relate to his story and like that he's doing something different. The rest of us can't understand why this dude doesn't rhyme, doesn't stay on beat and says the most off the wall "lyrics" that are almost incoherent.

And I'm sure that a certain segment of followers is hoping that he really is "the gay rapper", to blaze the trail. *

* I know that sounds like flame bait (no pun intended) but I'm serious.

If you need a breakdown, an explanation, or anything similar then Basedgod is not for you. You shouldn't be actively TRYING to enjoy something. You either like him or you don't.

If you need a breakdown, an explanation, or anything similar then Basedgod is not for you. You shouldn't be actively TRYING to enjoy something. You either like him or you don't.

Back
Top Bottom