NT, what kind of health insurance do you have?

Originally Posted by el cuco

Don't have one so i can't afford to get sick or break anything
frown.gif

this

My insurance is dumb good. I have select health and aflac. So I'm over 100%. I actually make money when I go to the dentist and stuff. Very fortunate for reals

The National Health Service. Free to every resident at the point of service.

I currently have kaiser through my employer but I'm in the process of switching to blue cross/blue shield

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

so all these are through your employer?

does anyone have health insurance that doesn't come from job benefits? what is your monthly bill looking like? I just did a quote with BlueCrossBlueShield and it was around 1200 a month 
tired.gif
is that what I'm looking at?

1200??? amonth? DAMNi remember my girl (ex) was shoppin for insurance and with like a 2000 deductible, it was like 200+ a month...shop around and good luck.hopefully this issue will be resolved and folk can begin to afford insurance.

laugh.gif
I don't even know man it said my premium is $1200, is that monthly? yearly?

UK NHS= Freeeeee
smile.gif

No offense but the US needs to fix up on the health care, i think its disgusting to make residents pay to be restored back to health. The economy depends on people being able to work, thus they should make it a priority to look after the population for free

''im just saying''

Originally Posted by Kim1

The free one that Canada provides.

UK NHS= Freeeeee
smile.gif

No offense but the US needs to fix up on the health care, i think its disgusting to make residents pay to be restored back to health. The economy depends on people being able to work, thus they should make it a priority to look after the population for free

''im just saying''

The joke is on you 3, because your health care isn't "free".

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

UK NHS= Freeeeee
smile.gif

''im just saying''
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

500/month for Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas PPO....it is not thru my job so i pay this ridic amount. this was the only health care provider that would take me b/c i have prior health issues. SMH!!!!!!!!

Forget health care reform....we need universal healthcare.

Originally Posted by rashi

UK NHS= Freeeeee
smile.gif

''im just saying''

If you look carefully at what I wrote you'll see that I wrote "free at the point of service". That's actually one of the 5 founding principles of the NHS - and what it means that you don't have to pay when you use the service - so if you turn up in the ER or at a doctor or the other service that you need you don't have to pay for it.

Sure, it's funded through taxes - but I pay less than most Americans - and that includes my healthcare. The nonsense that you hear from Fox "News" and the like about people paying twice as much tax and stuff like that is just a complete fabrication. About the only countries that pay as much as the US are some of the Scandinavian ones - where people pay 50% or so - but they have an awesome quality of life and their citizens don't complain.

Nikegirluk's point was naive and poorly made - but I would agree with the sentiment. I find it unbelievable that a modern and rich country doesn't provide somehting that is just essential for a civilised society.

Originally Posted by kdawg

UK NHS= Freeeeee
smile.gif

''im just saying''

If you look carefully at what I wrote you'll see that I wrote "free at the point of service". That's actually one of the 5 founding principles of the NHS - and what it means that you don't have to pay when you use the service - so if you turn up in the ER or at a doctor or the other service that you need you don't have to pay for it.

Sure, it's funded through taxes - but I pay less than most Americans - and that includes my healthcare. The nonsense that you hear from Fox "News" and the like about people paying twice as much tax and stuff like that is just a complete fabrication. About the only countries that pay as much as the US are some of the Scandinavian ones - where people pay 50% or so - but they have an awesome quality of life and their citizens don't complain.

Nikegirluk's point was naive and poorly made - but I would agree with the sentiment. I find it unbelievable that a modern and rich country doesn't provide somehting that is just essential for a civilised society.

maybe its just people want to keep the money they earn, and by giving people more Entitlement programs will the lazy individuals coming back and complaining that "the gov't doens't do this, i need this" its just an excuse to sit around and not work for something when you need something.
/Last huge debate post for me on NT

grin.gif
grin.gif
kdawg wrote:

UK NHS= Freeeeee
smile.gif

''im just saying''

'naive and poorly made'
grin.gif
... How? I dont know how you concluded my opinion was naive out of 2 full sentences... My response could have lengthy, but who wants to babble about government policy on a saturday..!

Yeah NHS is funded thru tax, makes sense imo. Those who can afford to go private can, those who cant dont
smokin.gif

None
I haven't had any since I turned 18
I think because I didn't go to college straight after highschool
I'm still in school but IDK if I can get back on at this point
Sux to cuz I have a whole bunch of injuries on the left side of my body including this real bad pain beginning in my hip/thigh/gluteus/groin area, that sometimes stretches to my obliques and calves, that is pulsing and killing me right now

All I want is some morphine right now

Back
Top Bottom