NT! Where's my ex-knuckleheads at?

To my former hoodlums. How you guys feelin' about your life right now??

Lately I been keepin' a distance from my past because it was takin' me down a bad road. So I cut all the bull
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif

In my new life, all I do is Work, work out, and watch DVDs at home. Imma head back to school in the Fall, but for now, I can't help thinkin' "ISTHIS ALL THERE IS?"

I been avoidin' my old homies (for obvious reasons) and they're koo with that. They got love for me as a homie even if we ain't eye to eyeanymore.

I been tryin' to act like a regular person, but to be honest I feel like I don't fit in where I should. I don't like walkin' around without aweapon. I don't like smiling at people. Parties and clubs make me nervous as hell if i'm not with my goons or my toys. Anybody feel me on this?? Somebody here gotta have some words of wisdom for me.

Cliffnotes-
- I went from a goon to a regular
member of society.
- I'm bored out of my mind.

i can relate to the things your saying but sometimes you just got to grow up.. you got to figure what your priorities are.
grin.gif

Ive done this twice. First time I was young and thinkin just like you and backflipped.

Now I'm about to be 30. I've got a baby now and cant really get a good job because of my criminal background. Hustlin did get me used to stackin moneyand even though its slower now, my mentality is still to save and stack.

I've got a bachelor's degree and working on my master's. I'm kind of mad that even though I've improved myself my criminal background isstill holding me back. Right now my attitude is like I'm not lettin society tell me I cant move forward and succeed. Almost like I'm mad and gonna showthem just cause I feel like they hatin at this point.

I got tired of my house being raided, and getting locked up
then i had a son, all that was over I became an L 7, my son comes 1st
I'm 24 hour dad now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ponson02

Ive done this twice. First time I was young and thinkin just like you and backflipped.

Now I'm about to be 30. I've got a baby now and cant really get a good job because of my criminal background. Hustlin did get me used to stackin money and even though its slower now, my mentality is still to save and stack.

I've got a bachelor's degree and working on my master's. I'm kind of mad that even though I've improved myself my criminal background is still holding me back. Right now my attitude is like I'm not lettin society tell me I cant move forward and succeed. Almost like I'm mad and gonna show them just cause I feel like they hatin at this point.
eek.gif

That's rough, G.

Luckily, I never got caught doin' whatever it is I used to do, so outside of people that might look at me and say "Yeah that really is him",i'm free to detach myself from the life.

You mentioned backflipping tho. How exactly did that happen? (if you don't mind me asking). Regressing is my number one fear right now.

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

UCV?
laugh.gif

I'm Chinese, fam.

They're not absent from my past though.
ohwell.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JUNIOR STRIKES

I got tired of my house being raided, and getting locked up
then i had a son, all that was over I became an L 7, my son comes 1st
I'm 24 hour dad now
pimp.gif
58825c1ea270a803fe45008c7838ab3e1e27f17.jpg

Tell me why I always thought you were Viet?
laugh.gif

I used to be up with UCV...
nerd.gif

I would say that there just comes a point in your life where you can just take a step back and take a look at what you're doing...

and its just like

"Really now?"

Change is all up to you

I was on probation for a few years and was pretty straight. But I used to be "bored" like u say. When I was released I chilled for a month, thenstarted smokin again. Then started grindin. Then just went outrageous with it.

I don't know if it was because I was older or there was more money involved, but the game got real quick. I stood my ground for about 3 more years but itgot to the point where I was gonn get locked up or somebody was gonna do something to me or vice/versa. God works in mysterious ways. Stuff was going sour inthe streets... Met my girl and finally straightened up. Now I'm not chillin for a girl though, I just don't have any desire to do that anymore. Justgrew up I guess.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Probably cuz all the angry Asian people in the Bay are Vietnamese or Cambodian and i'm not dark enough for the latter.

And if you used to bang UCV, then you must know G-Blocc
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ponson02

I was on probation for a few years and was pretty straight. But I used to be "bored" like u say. When I was released I chilled for a month, then started smokin again. Then started grindin. Then just went outrageous with it.

I don't know if it was because I was older or there was more money involved, but the game got real quick. I stood my ground for about 3 more years but it got to the point where I was gonn get locked up or somebody was gonna do something to me or vice/versa. God works in mysterious ways. Stuff was going sour in the streets... Met my girl and finally straightened up. Now I'm not chillin for a girl though, I just don't have any desire to do that anymore. Just grew up I guess.
58825c1ea270a803fe45008c7838ab3e1e27f17.jpg
@ the growth.

laugh.gif
not bang UCV like I said. Just kicked it with them, and never reallyinvolved. Knew a couple people who sold me pills when I used to be up on that.

Taking a look back im just like wow.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

I would say that there just comes a point in your life where you can just take a step back and take a look at what you're doing...

and its just like

"Really now?"

Change is all up to you
My bro-in-law was 2nd gen
nerd.gif
. Dood used to push maaad weight when I was akid, now he doin' his legit moves pushing 6 figures..

Anyways, stay out of that gang trouble.. I'm so glad I didn't get caught up w/ that in high school, other wise I wouldn't be living this greatcollege life right now.

Lived by the gun my whole life B, I don't know how to change B. I can't tell you about the moves I make B but if I got knocked, I'd get numbersbigger than 50's new teeth B. You either built for this @!!@ or you not B. You seem like a smart kid B, get your learn on B, do great things, B. As for me,I'll never change B.

Originally Posted by Ir Al Cine

Lived by the gun my whole life B, I don't know how to change B. I can't tell you about the moves I make B but if I got knocked, I'd get numbers bigger than 50's new teeth B. You either built for this @!!@ or you not B. You seem like a smart kid B, get your learn on B, do great things, B. As for me, I'll never change B.
Why you keep sayin' B for, B? B= Brooklyn?

laugh.gif
Nah just playin', keep doing ya thang homie. But stay safe cause life isn't all about money really..

I used to be really wild used to tote the tool like a handyman be in the streets all night and go to college. Got banned from peoples parties cause my crewwould show up start a fight or steal something out the house like a tv or a laptop run in folks Fridge all types a ignorance. I started noticing howdestructive I had become. I saw people around me get shot. Go to jail and come back and the more I thought about it the more I knew this aint the life I wannalive. Where I couldnt go certain places alone or without the Hammer cause we had run ins over there and this is in other cities and towns. I just woke uponeday went to the spot and told em hey man this is whack we acting like real clowns with all this told my cousin to bounce and get out while he can sameweekend we go to a party they get in a fight he give a kid a buck 50 and the clowns he rolled with snitched on em.. he got F's on his record and cant findwork now the rest of the clowns i was with are in Jail on a Murder Bid and 1 is dead.. Op you gotta look at your life my dude and decide what you want from itI mean the streets is cool but you gotta grow up and get passed all that learn a trade read a book do something else to occupy ur time. At least your old crewgot love for you most a the dudes I rolled with felt slighted when I said I gotta real Job and aint with that.

saw a lot of my friends fall into violence and other forms to crime while growing up.

what's interesting is that the majority of them renounced their ways and went to college, and got into lucrative careers (information technology, corporatebanking, etc.), and some of them ended up as NYPD
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by datruth92803

I used to be really wild used to tote the tool like a handyman be in the streets all night and go to college. Got banned from peoples parties cause my crew would show up start a fight or steal something out the house like a tv or a laptop run in folks Fridge all types a ignorance. I started noticing how destructive I had become. I saw people around me get shot. Go to jail and come back and the more I thought about it the more I knew this aint the life I wanna live. Where I couldnt go certain places alone or without the Hammer cause we had run ins over there and this is in other cities and towns. I just woke up oneday went to the spot and told em hey man this is whack we acting like real clowns with all this told my cousin to bounce and get out while he can same weekend we go to a party they get in a fight he give a kid a buck 50 and the clowns he rolled with snitched on em.. he got F's on his record and cant find work now the rest of the clowns i was with are in Jail on a Murder Bid and 1 is dead.. Op you gotta look at your life my dude and decide what you want from it I mean the streets is cool but you gotta grow up and get passed all that learn a trade read a book do something else to occupy ur time. At least your old crew got love for you most a the dudes I rolled with felt slighted when I said I gotta real Job and aint with that.
Damn dude. That's a big block of words.
laugh.gif

Just playin'. Nah I feel you though. I used to get into that same foolishness at parties and what not. Walkin' in the front door and treatin'the spot like it's ToysRUs or somethin. Big ups to you for hittin' that 180 before stuff got too real.

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

saw a lot of my friends fall into violence and other forms to crime while growing up.

what's interesting is that the majority of them renounced their ways and went to college, and got into lucrative careers (information technology, corporate banking, etc.), and some of them ended up as NYPD
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Funny you should mention that. I got a couple homies tryin' to become Oakland PD or Richmond PD.
was a eye opener for me. All of a sudden dudes that I grew up withand yelled "
THE POLICE" with when I was a kidwere becoming officers in the grimiest places I could think of. They're still my boys, but people LIKE me are threats to them. Made me realize the moretime I spent out doing what I was doing, and spreading violence (Cuz that
is contagious), I was ultimately making the world more and moredangerous for my brothers that are dedicating their lives to serving and protecting.

It's easy to say you hate the police when you can not look at them as people, but when you take time to realize everyone has a history, it changes...

i stopped being a knucklehead back in middle school. i swear i used to win loudest student, class clown, etc. i was so proud of these awards but my mother defwasnt
laugh.gif

my dad is a cop so it made decisions a lot easier for me but good luck to anyone trying to better themselves.. and on another note i feel you man i be burnincuz life gets boring! my goal for a while has been to just be successful the legit way so i can live life worry free

Back
Top Bottom