NT: Who owns a P90x ?

You aren't going to get ripped simply because the diet plan doesn't have you eating enough. p90x is moreso for people who are looking to lose weight. If you're trying to gain weight & strength do starting strength by mark rippetoe or bill star's 5x5. Make sure to eat oats for breakfast & chicken breast/salmon/talapia for dinner and/or any other foods that are low in fat & high in protein.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe is all you need if your trying to gain some size/strength.

Combine that with good eating and possibly creatine and your good in 3 months to see solid gains.
I'm about the same size as OP. Is creatine better than whey protein?
Creatine just kinda boosts your muscles up with water, and has a lot of rules to it. You're best bet, is eat smart and take 26-30 grams of good protein within 30mins of finishing your workout. Dry Whey protein mixes are fine, isopure, muscle milk light, etc. You're supposed to take protein before bed and in the AM as well. Get a good mutli-vitamin. Since you're skinny if you follow a good work out regimen you'll see results fast.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe is all you need if your trying to gain some size/strength.

Combine that with good eating and possibly creatine and your good in 3 months to see solid gains.
I'm about the same size as OP. Is creatine better than whey protein?
Creatine just kinda boosts your muscles up with water, and has a lot of rules to it. You're best bet, is eat smart and take 26-30 grams of good protein within 30mins of finishing your workout. Dry Whey protein mixes are fine, isopure, muscle milk light, etc. You're supposed to take protein before bed and in the AM as well. Get a good mutli-vitamin. Since you're skinny if you follow a good work out regimen you'll see results fast.

I did Insanity in around April and finished around June of last year. Worked wonders for a big guy like me. Got my muscles cut up, and lost madd weight around the gut area. Too bad freshman year hit me hard. I started Insanity again about a month and a half ago. I got two weeks left and then I'm starting P90X as soon as I'm done with this round of Insanity.

I did Insanity in around April and finished around June of last year. Worked wonders for a big guy like me. Got my muscles cut up, and lost madd weight around the gut area. Too bad freshman year hit me hard. I started Insanity again about a month and a half ago. I got two weeks left and then I'm starting P90X as soon as I'm done with this round of Insanity.

youre gonna need a diet regimen, i honestly think its better to have a workout regimen and hit the gym, it's A LOT more efficient if you know what you're doing. or just go through the p90x workouts and pick what you like for each muscle group and take into consideration the proper form and technique and take it to the gym.

p90x is tons of cardio, so expect to lose weight. i'd rather run 40 yard sprints and play basketball IMO.

it's a good starting point though

youre gonna need a diet regimen, i honestly think its better to have a workout regimen and hit the gym, it's A LOT more efficient if you know what you're doing. or just go through the p90x workouts and pick what you like for each muscle group and take into consideration the proper form and technique and take it to the gym.

p90x is tons of cardio, so expect to lose weight. i'd rather run 40 yard sprints and play basketball IMO.

it's a good starting point though

I'm 27 and about 5'10 180....played sports my whole life......day 1 had me thinking I was gonna have a heart attack.......day 2 Plyometrics made me retire it after dude had me jumping around my living room like a leap frog. I thought I blew my knee out and %%%@ wasn't right for a month. I took my $+! back to the gym once my knee was back to normal.

I'm 27 and about 5'10 180....played sports my whole life......day 1 had me thinking I was gonna have a heart attack.......day 2 Plyometrics made me retire it after dude had me jumping around my living room like a leap frog. I thought I blew my knee out and %%%@ wasn't right for a month. I took my $+! back to the gym once my knee was back to normal.

Originally Posted by zmdawg

roll.gif
roll.gif

that book people been recommending is pretty legit, just hit page 150 and its def teaching me a lot about form my high school coaches decided to not give a %+@@ about
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by zmdawg

roll.gif
roll.gif

that book people been recommending is pretty legit, just hit page 150 and its def teaching me a lot about form my high school coaches decided to not give a %+@@ about
30t6p3b.gif

it works, but you have to be committed. I got two thirds through and just fell off. Was seeing really good results. I just started over last week, and am going strong. You really gotta push yourself though. Oh, and peep the sig.

it works, but you have to be committed. I got two thirds through and just fell off. Was seeing really good results. I just started over last week, and am going strong. You really gotta push yourself though. Oh, and peep the sig.

Back
Top Bottom