NT, Why do people smoke? Serious Discussion.. Vol. Tobacco (Smokers chime in)

I think when people get started it's to fit in and give in to peer pressure. 

After a period of time, they keep smoking because one, it's become a habit, and two, it's their only way to relieve their anxiety. 

My aunt is stressed everyday and she needs to smoke to calm herself down. 

I think when people get started it's to fit in and give in to peer pressure. 

After a period of time, they keep smoking because one, it's become a habit, and two, it's their only way to relieve their anxiety. 

My aunt is stressed everyday and she needs to smoke to calm herself down. 

brettTHEjett wrote: As in, if you see a few cute chicks smoking (they all do when drunk), asking em for a light and starting up a convo is cool
exactly what I do, except I have a blunt. 

brettTHEjett wrote: As in, if you see a few cute chicks smoking (they all do when drunk), asking em for a light and starting up a convo is cool
exactly what I do, except I have a blunt. 

I've never smoked a cigarette, not once. I have however started smoking weed. Pretty much after my long term relationship ended... funny how that works. Usually 3-4 times a week so not too heavy. The person I usually smoke with claims they are gonna quit.... so then I'd most likely be done except on occasion. And it takes away all of your stresses and makes everything more enjoyable.

I've never smoked a cigarette, not once. I have however started smoking weed. Pretty much after my long term relationship ended... funny how that works. Usually 3-4 times a week so not too heavy. The person I usually smoke with claims they are gonna quit.... so then I'd most likely be done except on occasion. And it takes away all of your stresses and makes everything more enjoyable.

sour
pimp.gif

i hated the "buzz" that i used to get when i first started smoking.. it made me dizzy if anything. and you shouldn't feel anything after a while. i quit more than 2 years ago and i'm glad i did. especially with prices reaching $12 a pack in nyc...crazy.

i hated the "buzz" that i used to get when i first started smoking.. it made me dizzy if anything. and you shouldn't feel anything after a while. i quit more than 2 years ago and i'm glad i did. especially with prices reaching $12 a pack in nyc...crazy.

also i think most of the effects like relieving stress and anxiety are just a mental thing. so if that's your excuse then you should find a healthier alternative...

i would agree with it helping pass time and going well with drinking...those of you who claim to only smoke while they drink, be careful you might turn into a regular smoker before you know it.

also i think most of the effects like relieving stress and anxiety are just a mental thing. so if that's your excuse then you should find a healthier alternative...

i would agree with it helping pass time and going well with drinking...those of you who claim to only smoke while they drink, be careful you might turn into a regular smoker before you know it.

i had people who been coming to my school telling me not to smoke. telling me about the consequences of smoking. it was like a yearly thing. dont smoke. idk.. ever since it stuck with me. those talks actually worked on me.

i had people who been coming to my school telling me not to smoke. telling me about the consequences of smoking. it was like a yearly thing. dont smoke. idk.. ever since it stuck with me. those talks actually worked on me.

Never touched a cigarette in my life. I think its so gross and completely pointless. If you think a cigarette relieves your stress....then your a fool. Sorry.

I do mess with the MJ though.
pimp.gif

Never touched a cigarette in my life. I think its so gross and completely pointless. If you think a cigarette relieves your stress....then your a fool. Sorry.

I do mess with the MJ though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I had a crazy trip on some Kush I had a couple days ago...I saw images that I somehow knew I knew from some other time/place. I felt that those image were the truest things I will ever know and it was some sort of primeval sort of stuff I was seeing. Def. took me out of my comfort zone but in the aftermath it made me realize some things. I really did feel in touch with another plane of thought/existence.

I also started smoking Nat Sherman Naturals Yellows. I'm not proud of doing this because I was totally anti-cigarettes up until this very year. I feel like it takes some pressure off and helps give me a head high slightly. I only smoke 1 a day and I try to keep it to that amount...I know a time will come where i'm gonna start have cravings for more but I feel that hopefully this is a phase and if it ever gets to the point where I have to smoke multiple times a day it would be a good time to stop. It's a test of will. Also I like the Nat Sherman brand....100% natural tobacco without any additives.
Dude...I know exactly what you mean. My experience was after edibles though, and only when I closed my eyes. But it was like "Oh yes! It's THIS thing! I remember it....from somewhere! I'm so glad it's back!!"

I was so unreasonably happy about seeing those damn silhouettes. It was like a recurring dream that I was conscious enough to appreciate.

OP, how do you not understand why people smoke weed? It's seems pretty simple.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I had a crazy trip on some Kush I had a couple days ago...I saw images that I somehow knew I knew from some other time/place. I felt that those image were the truest things I will ever know and it was some sort of primeval sort of stuff I was seeing. Def. took me out of my comfort zone but in the aftermath it made me realize some things. I really did feel in touch with another plane of thought/existence.

I also started smoking Nat Sherman Naturals Yellows. I'm not proud of doing this because I was totally anti-cigarettes up until this very year. I feel like it takes some pressure off and helps give me a head high slightly. I only smoke 1 a day and I try to keep it to that amount...I know a time will come where i'm gonna start have cravings for more but I feel that hopefully this is a phase and if it ever gets to the point where I have to smoke multiple times a day it would be a good time to stop. It's a test of will. Also I like the Nat Sherman brand....100% natural tobacco without any additives.
Dude...I know exactly what you mean. My experience was after edibles though, and only when I closed my eyes. But it was like "Oh yes! It's THIS thing! I remember it....from somewhere! I'm so glad it's back!!"

I was so unreasonably happy about seeing those damn silhouettes. It was like a recurring dream that I was conscious enough to appreciate.

OP, how do you not understand why people smoke weed? It's seems pretty simple.

Its a bunch of different factors. Social environments, stress, and for me I just have always needed something to smoke. Its weird. I started out smoking blunts in my teens, didnt wanna be high all the time, so I switched to cigars (back when i had some money to blow) but spending 12 dollars on one cigar wasnt poppin and got old real quick, so I switched to Black & Milds. Hated the got damn smell of them when they arent lit 
sick.gif
seriously its like an infestation of odor, i also hated having to champ one everytime i wanted to smoke.. makin a mess all over the place. SOOO i switched to cigs and have been smokin for a few years. I can quit for months but always start up again.
grin.gif

Its a bunch of different factors. Social environments, stress, and for me I just have always needed something to smoke. Its weird. I started out smoking blunts in my teens, didnt wanna be high all the time, so I switched to cigars (back when i had some money to blow) but spending 12 dollars on one cigar wasnt poppin and got old real quick, so I switched to Black & Milds. Hated the got damn smell of them when they arent lit 
sick.gif
seriously its like an infestation of odor, i also hated having to champ one everytime i wanted to smoke.. makin a mess all over the place. SOOO i switched to cigs and have been smokin for a few years. I can quit for months but always start up again.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom