NT: Would you not date someone because of their race?

Originally Posted by JayeLove

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I've always had a thing for people outside my race. More excitement to it. Although I am put in a position right now where my current bf told me he wouldnt be able to marry because I'm not arabic.

so why does he bother? doesn't seem fair to you...how long you two been together? almost selfish on his part IMO to start something w/you knowing he wouldn't take it that far...
Exactly right? We've been going out for 2 years and he told me this last week. I told him to let me go, make it easier for the both of us, he doesnt want to.

damn...if you don't mind me asking what made him tell you that...good luck in whatever happens...i'm sure it won't be easy
Just wanted to know why he doesnt want to have marriage and kids and he said its not that he doesnt want to, its cause he cant with me.. Things are quite different now with us

wow. this sounds like me and my girl. she is hindu i'm catholic. we had that conversation 2 years in. lot of tears and feelings. we agreed not to be mad at each other if it doesn't work out.

going on three years now, we've been discussing how it could work. its hard because it is possible to love someone and not want to compromise your religion. the worst you can do is hold out and expect something to change though. i can't give advice on this. i'm living this too. just follow your heart. i've been listening to mine for awhile now and i'm still not sure on what to do.

I've always had a thing for people outside my race. More excitement to it. Although I am put in a position right now where my current bf told me he wouldnt be able to marry because I'm not arabic.

so why does he bother? doesn't seem fair to you...how long you two been together? almost selfish on his part IMO to start something w/you knowing he wouldn't take it that far...
Exactly right? We've been going out for 2 years and he told me this last week. I told him to let me go, make it easier for the both of us, he doesnt want to.

damn...if you don't mind me asking what made him tell you that...good luck in whatever happens...i'm sure it won't be easy
Just wanted to know why he doesnt want to have marriage and kids and he said its not that he doesnt want to, its cause he cant with me.. Things are quite different now with us

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SShanique

i don't get how some of you would date but not marry a certain type...

what if you're 5 years in and you know you can't marry this person?

any relationship has the chance to lead to marriage so why bother if you know you can't/wont marry this person
I think I've learned enough on this forum to say with confidence, "They just want to SMASH!" 
roll.gif

Damn you are dense, you haven't learned anything.  It's clearly deeper than just smashing at that point.

Back
Top Bottom