NTers 24+....Suits...I needs help on them...where do I go, what do I look for?

indifferent.gif

LMFAOOOO my mans rocking African American Zoot Suits.

I'm a big and tall fellow myself (6'3 300+) so my stuff tends to be a bit pricier. Doesn't stop me from Finding great deals though.

pimp.gif

jos. a. bank has a dedicated big and tall site with lots of two button slim fits.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

This is the 3 piece I bought for $130. They actually had a sale so it came out to be $80.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
This is the buy 1 get 2 free I bought. I let my brother borrow the Magic Johnson, I'll pick it up on Sunday & post pics later. It's not really professional though
laugh.gif
. The other 2 are much more professional.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

Here is another one I purchased for $130, regular $160.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

I bought the Steve Harvey yesterday, so it's in alterations. I'll pick it up next week & post pics. It looks like the first 3 piece I posted except the stripes are light blue. I picked up another Magic Johnson & 2 Stacy Adams with the buy 1 get 2 free deal that same day & they are in alterations as well.

tumblr_m1xnps5bvo1qigj1ko1_250.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
But what did I expect from the guys with $200 dollar shoes and $20 dollar jeans

Off Saks often has nice suits and they have buy one get one free pretty often

$500 per suit?
eek.gif
If New York has a K&G Men's Store then go there first.

Otherwise you're going to overpay for the same suits.

I bought a 3 piece Steve Harvey suit for $130 the other day and another dope 3 piece that was $120

They currently have a buy 1 get 2 free sale on select suits, so I got a magic Johnson suit for $200 and 2 Stacy Adam's suits for free.

Go to K&G, Grim. All my suits are from there and everytime I'm at a business professional event I get compliments on my suits
50centohreallynow.png

Originally Posted by ksteezy

How it should be done IMO
This is what I'm going for. I made an appointment to see a tailor on Monday hopefully I can get it done or at least something similar the real issue is that my suits are loose in all of the wrong places

Proper Fit > Skinny Fit

The article BeatJunkie posted is on point. Some of you guys wearing skin tight suits are going to look back at it the same way we look at 90s baggy suits now. Skinny fit suits only look good on very narrow people. If you have a substantial amount of muscle mass or fat you just look plain foolish wearing a suit cut for someone built like Barack or Gosling. 

"Fashion fades...    Style is eternal" 

-Yves Saint Laurent

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Proper Fit > Skinny Fit

The article BeatJunkie posted is on point. Some of you guys wearing skin tight suits are going to look back at it the same way we look at 90s baggy suits now. Skinny fit suits only look good on very narrow people. If you have a substantial amount of muscle mass or fat you just look plain foolish wearing a suit cut for someone built like Barack or Gosling. 

"Fashion fades...    Style is eternal" 

-Yves Saint Laurent
qft - that last suit posted is prob a little too tight...

If you need a suit for work in a professional environment, you prolly don't want anything from H&M, Express, or J Crew... those are better for New Years parties, Weddings or "high-end" Clubs.

But this is NT where everything is in extremes... if it's not wetsuit tight then it must be a "Choppa suit"
eyes.gif

(those Steve Harvey suits with +4 buttons are useless unless you're a deacon or pastor at a black church in the south)

I agree skin tight suits are not the move, but that shot K Steely posted looks pretty good to me. Im 5'8 150 so Im better off leaning towards a more slim/modern fit most of the time. Im very open to suggestions though so feel free to post pictures of what you think looks best so I can know how to explain it to the tailor when I go on Monday

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Just heard on the radio that Jos A Bank is doing three suits for the price of one.
eek.gif

What's the catch?
The catch is that those 3 suits are only actually worth the price of one.

$500 per suit? 
eek.gif
 If New York has a K&G Men's Store then go there first. 

Otherwise you're going to overpay for the same suits.

I bought a 3 piece Steve Harvey suit for $130 the other day and another dope 3 piece that was $120

They currently have a buy 1 get 2 free sale on select suits, so I got a magic Johnson suit for $200 and 2 Stacy Adam's suits for free.

Go to K&G, Grim. All my suits are from there and everytime I'm at a business professional event I get compliments on my suits
laugh.gif

This is the 3 piece I bought for $130. They actually had a sale so it came out to be $80.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
This is the buy 1 get 2 free I bought. I let my brother borrow the Magic Johnson, I'll pick it up on Sunday & post pics later. It's not really professional though
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

I bought the Steve Harvey yesterday, so it's in alterations. I'll pick it up next week & post pics. It looks like the first 3 piece I posted except the stripes are light blue. I picked up another Magic Johnson & 2 Stacy Adams with the buy 1 get 2 free deal that same day & they are in alterations as well.
Fit Pics
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by illwill8710

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

Fit Pics
nerd.gif
you think it really matter?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]

Fit Pics
nerd.gif

Its a slow day some lulz are needed

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Fit Pics
nerd.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif