NTers 24+....Suits...I needs help on them...where do I go, what do I look for?

Everyone is naming places but not telling you the most important thing. 100% wool. Synthetic blended materials do not hold up. The knees start to look shiny, and such.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Everyone is naming places but not telling you the most important thing. 100% wool. Synthetic blended materials do not hold up. The knees start to look shiny, and such.
and material thickness.
if you hold the material up to the light, you should not see any leakage coming through.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by 0cks

If you need a suit for work in a professional environment, you prolly don't want anything from H&M, Express, or J Crew... those are better for New Years parties, Weddings or "high-end" Clubs.

But this is NT where everything is in extremes... if it's not wetsuit tight then it must be a "Choppa suit"
eyes.gif

(those Steve Harvey suits with +4 buttons are useless unless you're a deacon or pastor at a black church in the south)
False.

I work at an investment bank and a lot of bankers (including myself) wear tight suits.
Tight suits?
laugh.gif
good one...

I just picked up a RL suit from Macy's for under $200. Bunch of sales and I had a Macy's gift card from Christmas lying around. Now I need a good/affordable tailor in NYC. Someone help me out.

Cant go wrong with Jcrew.  Just picked up a ludlow myself.  Btw why 24+? Younger people cant dress like an adult?
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
 Im 20 btw

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

If you need a suit for work in a professional environment, you prolly don't want anything from H&M, Express, or J Crew... those are better for New Years parties, Weddings or "high-end" Clubs.

But this is NT where everything is in extremes... if it's not wetsuit tight then it must be a "Choppa suit"
eyes.gif

(those Steve Harvey suits with +4 buttons are useless unless you're a deacon or pastor at a black church in the south)
False.

I work at an investment bank and a lot of bankers (including myself) wear tight suits.
Tight suits?
laugh.gif
good one...

I don't see the humor in slim fitting suits. It's 2012.

I go to JC Penny always for my dress clothes..very affordable and great brands..

I have a wedding to attend in July and I need something cheap/easy/casual.  I am not trying to spend over $300 after all is said and done with some tailoring.  But i will be at H&M trying to get something similar to this

blank.png
blank.png
QSL_0003_4.jpg

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I have a wedding to attend in July and I need something cheap/easy/casual.  I am not trying to spend over $300 after all is said and done with some tailoring.  But i will be at H&M trying to get something similar to this

blank.png
blank.png
QSL_0003_4.jpg

H&M or a thrift store are about your only options...depending one how much work the jacket will need to look anything like that you are looking at 100-175 in alterations alone for the whole thing...

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Jking0821

blank.png
blank.png
QSL_0003_4.jpg

H&M or a thrift store are about your only options...depending one how much work the jacket will need to look anything like that you are looking at 100-175 in alterations alone for the whole thing...
Thanks for the heads up steezy.  The blazer is 100 and pants are 50.  I am a slim dude and i have tried H&M blazers on before and they don't fit too poorly off the rack.  I am hoping tailoring will be around $150.  I will try to grab a slim tie from tiebar or something i have white dress shirts but might pick up something to match.  Money is tight but $300 is my budget

Nordstrom Rack

Bloomingdales during the last weeks of their sales, they give stuff away

Ralph Lauren suits are my fav, can get them down from $1500 to $400 at Bloomys, require very little alterations

Look into the slim fit 1MX buttondowns from Express, the fit is great...and if you don't need much alterations on the jacket, you'll spend under 50$...usually the jacket is what will cost you...

Ludlow suits from J Crew are amazing. Love it. Bought a dark navy blue. Great for weddings, interviews, work, formals and I'm also in school as well and tend to do some "fashion shows" and just always wear the suit lol. It's very versatile.

I have one from Zara as well and the difference in material is clearly clearly noticeable. If you have a friend who works at J Crew or a Madewell, tell them to buy you a gift card, they get 30% off. Then, use your student discount to get an additional 15% off. That's what I do for my J Crew needs.

can somebody help me out im looking for a quality pair o black dress shoes for a good price

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

and material thickness.
if you hold the material up to the light, you should not see any leakage coming through.

Good tips. I just recently bought two suit jackets. I wish I would of looked at materials and not only the way it looks.

This thread is straight comedy. I dont wear suits. Too much of a tailoring hassle so i gave it up.

Scoop tuxes when i need to be that formal. Ocassionally at job functions i under dress by jus goin with the black tie. But i always jus say it was hot
laugh.gif

and material thickness.

Dirty, you're completely wrong. It depends on the type of material it is. Fabric is measured in ounces; materials like Minnis Fresco and H&S Crispaire are for  y humid/hot climates. There you will see ''leakage'' because the fabric isn't as tightly woven and heavy( 8 ounces max alot of times). Alot of dudes giving wrong information in here.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

This thread is straight comedy. I dont wear suits. Too much of a tailoring hassle so i gave it up.

Scoop tuxes when i need to be that formal. Ocassionally at job functions i under dress by jus goin with the black tie. But i always jus say it was hot
laugh.gif

Its really not a hassle though...

A suit >>> tux, unless you walking the red carpet bro and don't you do alterations to a tux?..or you talking about just renting one?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

and material thickness.

Dirty, you're completely wrong. It depends on the type of material it is. Fabric is measured in ounces; materials like Minnis Fresco and H&S Crispaire are for  y humid/hot climates. There you will see ''leakage'' because the fabric isn't as tightly woven and heavy( 8 ounces max alot of times). Alot of dudes giving wrong information in here.

You're saying 100% wool is the way to go over synthetic blend, correct? 100% wool doesn't wear as quickly?

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by ill steelo
who are you? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

picture-112.png

DEAD!I've wanted a nice grey suit for a while. Express always has ones that I like. I have a black one, khaki one, and a white one(don't ask) currently. Never wear them though so when I get a better job I'm copping the grey joint.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

and material thickness.

You're saying 100% wool is the way to go over synthetic blend, correct? 100% wool doesn't wear as quickly?

yes buy 100 percent wool or cotton... synthetic is the devil...polyester is the devil.

Back
Top Bottom