NTers 25+: Do you guys still have trouble splitting the bill with your friends?

That video is triggering man cause that **** basically happened to me in college. It was 6 of us initially at the bar/grill by our apartment. Then a group of girls we knew just so happened to come down a little later. They asked to sit at the table next to us. Parties of 8 or more have 18% gratuity added to the bill automatically. There were at least 10 of “us”total.

My group asks for the check and they bring out one with everybody’s food and drinks on it. It was a few hundred with the gratuity. All hell broke loose.... Manager said we were one group and had to pay the gratuity. Half the group refused to pay and started cussing out the manager. Cops were called. It was bad. I offered to pay the gratuity but they weren’t having it off GP.

I think the cops eventually sided with us and the gratuity got removed and we each paid separately. All that bc a bum *** extra $30 smh. Couldn’t show my face there again and that was MY spot.....

I guess the real question is, if you weren’t going to tip 18% on the $167 bill, what were you planning to tip?

I never bring any money or cards so I can't pay

Oh you’re THAT friend. And you never pay back, huh?

Not at all. Never encountered any issues, much less a real dispute, over bill splitting.
If someone orders something substantially more expensive than the others, he/she has to pay the price difference.

I guess the real question is, if you weren’t going to tip 18% on the $167 bill, what were you planning to tip?

I’m 20% myself. I tried paying for my stuff and the whole gratuity just to get out of there. Manager wasn’t having it and said the whole bill needed to be paid. Can’t speak for the other half but I think it was a principle thing. And it was compounded by the fact we weren’t one group. Didn’t acknowledge them chicks ever again.

I’m 20% myself. I tried paying for my stuff and the whole gratuity just to get out of there. Manager wasn’t having it and said the whole bill needed to be paid. Can’t speak for the other half but I think it was a principle thing. And it was compounded by the fact we weren’t one group. Didn’t acknowledge them chicks ever again.
Yeah, I’m bare minimum 20% so sometimes when places hit me with automatic gratuity of 18%, I think “Congratulations...you played yourself” :lol: But yeah that sucks your friends were being fugazi at your spot.

Did you honestly never go back? I still would have but I don’t give any damns so I could understand why you wouldn’t

Yeah, I’m bare minimum 20% so sometimes when places hit me with automatic gratuity of 18%, I think “Congratulations...you played yourself” :lol: But yeah that sucks your friends were being fugazi at your spot.

Did you honestly never go back? I still would have but I don’t give any damns so I could understand why you wouldn’t
Not when I was still in college. The place was literally attached to our apt building so it hurt even more. I think I went back once with my old roommates to catch up. I’m talking a good 5 years post incident lol

Back
Top Bottom