NTers in the Airforce VOL: enlisting

Iv been thinking about enlisting in the Airforce for a while now. Any NTers in the Airforce what do you like about it/dont like about it. I'm thinking about doing securety forces. I got a 78 on asvab btw.

Iv been thinking about enlisting in the Airforce for a while now. Any NTers in the Airforce what do you like about it/dont like about it. I'm thinking about doing securety forces. I got a 78 on asvab btw.

if you got a 78 why would you want to do S.F? the only way I would be a cop in the Air force is if it was the only job they offered me, Ive been in 9 years in maintenance, love the job cant really complain. Good thing about the Air Force is when you join you have the freedom to control your carear, If I dont like my job their have been several opportunities to train in another carear field. I cant say the same if you become a cop tho, its hard to change out of that one if you dont like it.

if you got a 78 why would you want to do S.F? the only way I would be a cop in the Air force is if it was the only job they offered me, Ive been in 9 years in maintenance, love the job cant really complain. Good thing about the Air Force is when you join you have the freedom to control your carear, If I dont like my job their have been several opportunities to train in another carear field. I cant say the same if you become a cop tho, its hard to change out of that one if you dont like it.

Do not go into Security Forces, I could of had any job I wanted but I wanted to be a cop cause I wanted to get into the State Police after I got out. I did it for 4 years and it was not what I was thinking it would be, granted from the time I enlisted it was 3 weeks before 9/11 and everything changed after that. Do not expect to be riding around in a patrol car and responding to major events. Most new SF's get stationed at bases doing security work. There are tons of jobs in the AF explore everything out there.

Best advice......GO IN WITH A GUARANTEED JOB. If not there is a good chance you will get forced into becoming a cop.

Do not go into Security Forces, I could of had any job I wanted but I wanted to be a cop cause I wanted to get into the State Police after I got out. I did it for 4 years and it was not what I was thinking it would be, granted from the time I enlisted it was 3 weeks before 9/11 and everything changed after that. Do not expect to be riding around in a patrol car and responding to major events. Most new SF's get stationed at bases doing security work. There are tons of jobs in the AF explore everything out there.

Best advice......GO IN WITH A GUARANTEED JOB. If not there is a good chance you will get forced into becoming a cop.

It's the 14th already?
But yeah fam don't do s.f. tons of other threads floating around with tons of info.

It's the 14th already?
But yeah fam don't do s.f. tons of other threads floating around with tons of info.

Back
Top Bottom