NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

You must be talking about those 1-3k honda civics/accords and such. Im talking about big new car purchases including CPO.Of course those wont depreciation they have reached their bottom out.

End of the day I cant count anyones pockets but why would someone cut a check for a CPO of a $40k+ vehicle and upwards unless your a baller and dont care or like people told me some of those V8 M3s will gain value down the line and its an investment. Maybe im wrong.

Lucky im talking about big purchases. Dont nobody mind about buying those lil Hondas and Toyotas for 1k-3k as beaters. Of course its not gonna depreciate and thats for transportation only but thats not what were here for. Were here for leases and talking about those big purchase/CPOs dudes are cutting checks for. Cant compare that to buying TVs and depreciation. Those obviously dont depreciate at that point.

Maybe im just wrong but I been on all sides all the way to buying and flipping cars at the auction so idk how this "saving money" thing is that lucrative unless you have a +10 year old beater your keeping or one of those rare cars/out of production cars. Who knows :lol:

my thing is a Car is not a big purchase, or at least should not be.

If Diddy buys a bugatti thats a drop in the bucket to him. IMO the rule of them is to by a car that correlates to your income. So if a dude who makes 40k wants to buy a Benz, thats on him to worry about depreciation or whatever because he choose to play the game of swapping cars. Other people will buy what they can afford and use it up until they can't anymore.

If I buy a Honda or Camry for 20k new or CPO and say my note is 250 for 5 yrs, that car is going to get me no less than 12 yrs of use, so realistically I could start paying myself 250 after I`m done paying off the car and use that as a poor for a new car when the current one is done/has a repair that costs too much or even use that pool as repair money.

I've never had a car payment. I purchased my first car when I was 17 for $1800 (1998 Chevy Blazer)

Ever since then, I've saved up money and have upgraded several times since then.

For once in my life I am considering getting into a payment. Certainly not a lease because I think its a complete waste of money.

I just finished paying off my daily driver, keeping it for my work commute

Im looking into leasing something for the Mrs. now.

Anyone in NYC know of any dealerships with deals on leasing a Honda Pilot?

:nerd:

So this is a genuine question, not making any statements here. But wouldn't Buying a 3-5 year CPO luxury car > Leasing = Buying brand new?

I figure lux cars take the biggest hit in depreciation in the first 3-4 years? So let the first buyer take that hit, get it used on its 3rd year, rock that car for a good 5 years, then sell before the big problems start coming through.

And keep in mind, I ask this question as someone that can afford buying brand new or leasing. Not as someone living beyond their means, but as someone that wants to get the most out of their money while enjoying the nice things in life as well.

I don't need a new car every 3 years, but I also don't want a have to deal with maintenence and repairs with an old car.

Last edited:
Helping a buddy of mine get into a lease for a BMW 435xi. MSRP is around $60k and the dealer gave him an offer of $600/month. Not sure what the down payment, cap cost, fee's, money factor or residual they're using.

On a side note: Anyone know what a lease payment would be for an M4 fully loaded?

my thing is a Car is not a big purchase, or at least should not be.

If Diddy buys a bugatti thats a drop in the bucket to him. IMO the rule of them is to by a car that correlates to your income. So if a dude who makes 40k wants to buy a Benz, thats on him to worry about depreciation or whatever because he choose to play the game of swapping cars. Other people will buy what they can afford and use it up until they can't anymore.

If I buy a Honda or Camry for 20k new or CPO and say my note is 250 for 5 yrs, that car is going to get me no less than 12 yrs of use, so realistically I could start paying myself 250 after I`m done paying off the car and use that as a poor for a new car when the current one is done/has a repair that costs too much or even use that pool as repair money.

I feel you on all that. Its a lot of variables to this but it 100% really all comes down to what correlates to your income.

I just wish my stubborn self could stay content with a Honda/Toyota to get from point A to B thatll last 10+ years...but I cant :smh: :lol:

Helping a buddy of mine get into a lease for a BMW 435xi. MSRP is around $60k and the dealer gave him an offer of $600/month. Not sure what the down payment, cap cost, fee's, money factor or residual they're using.

On a side note: Anyone know what a lease payment would be for an M4 fully loaded?

Just discuss the price of the vehicle. Don't go in saying "i can make this payment per month". Once you do that they got you.

I know its a couple dudes in the car thread with brand new M4's leased fully loaded so you check in there

I feel you on all that. Its a lot of variables to this but it 100% really all comes down to what correlates to your income.

I just wish my stubborn self could stay content with a Honda/Toyota to get from point A to B thatll last 10+ years...but I cant :smh: :lol:

I think if you just gotta lease then at least have a "daily driver" thats paid off, and then you can do your think with the Leases and probably even save a tad bit of money since you could rock with a lower mile lease deal since you got the "beater" for the daily commute and then the "weekend car", lol but even then that still sounds like a waste to me.

I`m probably going to keep my Camry for a decade, and then cop a Lexus and keep that forever but hell buy the time its time for another car the Camrys of that time will be so much more advance I might as well just get another one.

I understand the saving money part, but as an adult that has responsibilities I cant drive around in no old *** car that may or may not work. Or randomly wake up one morning and have to take it to the repair shop or having your heat go out in the middle of the winter.

By no means do I need a luxury car, but I'll be damned if I go back to that "wondering if my car is gonna start today" life.

I understand the saving money part, but as an adult that has responsibilities I cant drive around in no old *** car that may or may not work. Or randomly wake up one morning and have to take it to the repair shop or having your heat go out in the middle of the winter.

By no means do I need a luxury car, but I'll be damned if I go back to that "wondering if my car is gonna start today" life.
This. I don't want nor need nor can I afford a luxury car so I wouldn't try getting one. I'm around 45k year and if I buy I'm looking into 2010 Yukon Denali and if I lease a hemi ram. This luxury car when I can't afford it fascination is crazy.

Your interest rate shouldn't be more than 2.99% at most. So idk why you dudes talking bout throwing away so much cash to the bank. You can put down a nice down payment but no need to be dropping 20k.

Your interest rate shouldn't be more than 2.99% at most. So idk why you dudes talking bout throwing away so much cash to the bank. You can put down a nice down payment but no need to be dropping 20k.

And if your interest rate is higher than 3%, you probably don't have good enough credit for a lease anyways.

Trust me I've been there before also.
Know it too well this back when I was much younger days.

CPO or Lease I said after that situation and that's what I did 2 CPO cars, once the problems start 100k plus if they are affordable issues fine but then even stil.......prob better off with payment car trouble ain't cheap, money pit and worries hell no. I will never deal with that again in my life.

Lol how old of cars are yal talking about saying "Not going back to the days of not knowing if my car is going to start or heat/ac goes out". Do you all think these things happen to cars when they hit 5 years? Those sound like 15-20 year old car problems.

Lol how old of cars are yal talking about saying "Not going back to the days of not knowing if my car is going to start or heat/ac goes out". Do you all think these things happen to cars when they hit 5 years? Those sound like 15-20 year old car problems.

My pops has a 9 year old Acura Tl that he bought new and maintained. He's still run into a slew of issues over the last two years. Randoms days where it wouldn't start, awful grinding noises, random burning smells, multiple trips to the repair shop and dealership.

I can site other experiences personal and that of others, but IMO unless you're lucky, cars ain't worth the headache past 7 yrs.

My pops has a 9 year old Acura Tl that he bought new and maintained. He's still run into a slew of issues over the last two years. Randoms days where it wouldn't start, awful grinding noises, random burning smells, multiple trips to the repair shop and dealership.

I can site other experiences personal and that of others, but IMO unless you're lucky, cars ain't worth the headache past 7 yrs.

What year TL? I have an 07 Type S and have NEVER heard of someone having that many issues on the 3G TL.

What year TL? I have an 07 Type S and have NEVER heard of someone having that many issues on the 3G TL.

07. He has the standard TL.

He's been taking it to the dealer for EVERYTHING up until about 6 months ago when he figured out they either overcharged him or charged him for some work they didn't do.

Either way, the problems started about 2ish yrs ago.

07. He has the standard TL.

He's been taking it to the dealer for EVERYTHING up until about 6 months ago when he figured out they either overcharged him or charged him for some work they didn't do.

Either way, the problems started about 2ish yrs ago.

Gotcha man...sounds like it could've been a lemon. Just never hear of 3G TL's having a ton of issues. One of the most reliable luxury sport sedans ever. I plan on keeping mine to 200k miles.

Where you located? My wife works for BMW, if you're in the LOS ANGELES area, hit me up. I can get you in contact with her and the dealer.

That's because the vehicle isn't properly maintained nor taken well care of.  Maintenance isn't oil changes...95% of people just drive without any common sense...

Back
Top Bottom