NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

I think the best thing to do is to buy a cheap reliable car
I've had luxury autos from american to euro, and the general autos from honda to toyota...and from experience writing a check for a reliable pre-owned car is the best move. I own three cars that my wife and I share. What I would have to give to the bank for three car notes/lease payments every month goes into my own pocket, and it's been that way for years. A car needs tires, repair, or general maintenance...I have the cash on hand to do it. If one of the cars goes down and we need a new one, I have the cash on hand to buy a comparable replacement.

When you pay a car off and you are content with what you have, you put that money in your pocket every month instead of giving it away.

I've had luxury autos from american to euro, and the general autos from honda to toyota...and from experience writing a check for a reliable pre-owned car is the best move. I own three cars that my wife and I share. What I would have to give to the bank for three car notes/lease payments every month goes into my own pocket, and it's been that way for years. A car needs tires, repair, or general maintenance...I have the cash on hand to do it. If one of the cars goes down and we need a new one, I have the cash on hand to buy a comparable replacement.

When you pay a car off and you are content with what you have, you put that money in your pocket every month instead of giving it away.

That last sentence. Preach

Last edited:

Yea when I pay off my car I plan on still paying myself a note into a specific account and that will be for if I ever need to buy another car.

Your talking from a standpoint of having three cars though and how many people are able to just write out a check for a car right away? especially how the economy is currently.

What about the depreciation? What was the point of "you put that money in your pocket every month instead of giving it away". How when your car just depreciated 15k and have to deal with those repairs which you still have to pay :lol:. Actually those repairs and maint might be even more than the note.

Just seems backwards to me. Your not really saving anything if your still dealing with those repairs after its paid off. God forbid something terribly wrong happens like with your engine (mind you that you dont have to worry as much since you have 3 cars).

If you have a warranty/extended on those pre-owned cars then thats a different story and you can disregard what I said.

Your talking from a standpoint of having three cars though and how many people are able to just write out a check for a car right away? especially how the economy is currently.

What about the depreciation? What was the point of "you put that money in your pocket every month instead of giving it away". How when your car just depreciated 15k and have to deal with those repairs which you still have to pay :lol:. Actually those repairs and maint might be even more than the note.

Just seems backwards to me. Your not really saving anything if your still dealing with those repairs after its paid off. God forbid something terribly wrong happens like with your engine (mind you that you dont have to worry as much since you have 3 cars).

If you have a warranty/extended on those pre-owned cars then thats a different story and you can disregard what I said.
Im speakingfrom a standpoint of someone who made a concious decision step out of the auto matrix.

What about depreciation?

How can a car that Ive written a $2k check for depreciate $15k. The short answer is that it can't. But if I take care of that car, it will put $15k back in my pocket in less than three years.

I dont have an extended warranty. I have repairs, I pay for them and keep saving. If I have to buy a new car, I pay for it outright and keep going.

Its a process. You crawl first, next you walk, and then your off and running without paying thousands borrow the dealership's/bank's car.

A car is a car. The person that drives a Ferrari gets to work, church, the mall, the golf course...and so do I.

Last edited:

Im speakingfrom a standpoint of someone who made a concious decision step out of the auto matrix.

What about depreciation?

How can a car that Ive written a $2k check for depreciate $15k. The short answer is that it can't. But if I take care of that car, it will put $15k back in my pocket in less than three years.

I dont have an extended warranty. I have repairs, I pay for them and keep saving. If I have to buy a new car, I pay for it outright and keep going.

Its a process. You crawl first, next you walk, and then your off and running without paying thousands borrow the dealership's/bank's car.

A car is a car. The person that drives a Ferrari gets to work, church, the mall, the golf course...and so do I.

If you only view a car and an appliance for your life, as a tool to get from Point A to Point B then I get it. Not all of us view our cars like that though.

What about the depreciation? What was the point of "you put that money in your pocket every month instead of giving it away". How when your car just depreciated 15k and have to deal with those repairs which you still have to pay. Actually those repairs and maint might be even more than the note.

Just seems backwards to me. Your not really saving anything if your still dealing with those repairs after its paid off. God forbid something terribly wrong happens like with your engine 
If you plan on keeping the car, why does depreciation matter? And if you're truly concerned about depreciation, you can purchase a CPO vehicle. 

Also, you're severely overestimating the frequency and cost of repairs and maintenance. Proper maintenance will reduce the possibility of costly repairs.

Not having a monthly payment = saving money. 

Last edited:
Dudes kill me with th depreciation talk lol do you care about the depreciation of a tv? Dudes really act like using a car only for transportation is some foreign concept lol

Just seems backwards to me. Your not really saving anything if your still dealing with those repairs after its paid off. God forbid something terribly wrong happens like with your engine (mind you that you don't have to worry as much since you have 3 cars).

you acting like people going to have to drop an engine on a car every 3 years :rofl:

A reliable car with proper maintenance like every other car will run forever with minor repairs unless you get a lemon .

The best car deals to be had are the ones the banks try to liquidate after they repo because people did not live within their means

Please believe :smokin

Dudes kill me with th depreciation talk lol do you care about the depreciation of a tv? Dudes really act like using a car only for transportation is some foreign concept lol

In bigger cities, vehicles are more than transportation, and people are more inclined to go the luxury route.
I notice that in underdeveloped cities, residents are more inclined to purchase an old beat up car and just add expensive trimmings to it. Example: an old Cadillac with $6,000 candy paint and 30" rims.

But don't take my advice, I'm poor :lol:

Last edited:
In bigger cities, vehicles are more than transportation, and people are more inclined to go the luxury route.
I notice that in underdeveloped cities, residents are more inclined to purchase an old beat up car and just add expensive trimmings to it. Example: an old Cadillac with $6,000 candy paint and 30" rims.

what they got in new york pa?

What about depreciation?

You must be talking about those 1-3k honda civics/accords and such. Im talking about big new car purchases including CPO.Of course those wont depreciation they have reached their bottom out.

End of the day I cant count anyones pockets but why would someone cut a check for a CPO of a $40k+ vehicle and upwards unless your a baller and dont care or like people told me some of those V8 M3s will gain value down the line and its an investment. Maybe im wrong.

Lucky im talking about big purchases. Dont nobody mind about buying those lil Hondas and Toyotas for 1k-3k as beaters. Of course its not gonna depreciate and thats for transportation only but thats not what were here for. Were here for leases and talking about those big purchase/CPOs dudes are cutting checks for. Cant compare that to buying TVs and depreciation. Those obviously dont depreciate at that point.

Maybe im just wrong but I been on all sides all the way to buying and flipping cars at the auction so idk how this "saving money" thing is that lucrative unless you have a +10 year old beater your keeping or one of those rare cars/out of production cars. Who knows :lol:

Every car depreciates except super rare cars. That's life. A car isn't an investment unless it's a f-40 or something. Me personally I'd rather get a car with 10k miles on it and let the first owner take the biggest hit. I'm not mad at anyone for buying new though. Do you, I'm not making your money. You are and you're free to buy whatever you want.

What about depreciation?

You must be talking about those 1-3k honda civics/accords and such. Im talking about big new car purchases including CPO.Of course those wont depreciation they have reached their bottom out.

End of the day I cant count anyones pockets but why would someone cut a check for a CPO of a $40k+ vehicle and upwards unless your a baller and dont care or like people told me some of those V8 M3s will gain value down the line and its an investment. Maybe im wrong.

Lucky im talking about big purchases. Dont nobody mind about buying those lil Hondas and Toyotas for 1k-3k as beaters. Of course its not gonna depreciate and thats for transportation only but thats not what were here for. Were here for leases and talking about those big purchase/CPOs dudes are cutting checks for. Cant compare that to buying TVs and depreciation. Those obviously dont depreciate at that point.

Maybe im just wrong but I been on all sides all the way to buying and flipping cars at the auction so idk how this "saving money" thing is that lucrative unless you have a +10 year old beater your keeping or one of those rare cars/out of production cars. Who knows :lol:

Point out who in here is spending over $40k on CPO cars?

Most people in here are talking about buying like a 2-3 yr old Maxima,Accord, or Camry for like $20k. After 5 years, it'll probably still be worth almost $10k.

I'll say this.

If you can afford your vehicle and you like it who gives a damn whether its leased or financed?

I always LOL when I see people saying having a car payment is a waste on a website devoted to the biggest waste of money in popular culture.

A pair of J's a month is 200 bucks.

There are so many things people waste money on that aren't as fun as a nice car but people get all high mighty if you have a car note as if you are setting money on fire.

Lmao so true

I live in ATL, only city with more Luxury cars being driven on avg is probably LA, San Fran, and Miami lol.

Once again, a car is a means of transportation, you can't knock others for seeing them as that all because you call yourself an "enthusiast" lol.

We got threads of dudes buying these powerful rides just to drive them in stop and go traffic every day, more power to them though.

Back
Top Bottom