NT'ers with acne: What do you use?

Anybody use any herbal/natural remedies? Anything besides Proactive, etc?

pics for the beasts:

2214.jpg

laugh.gif
sick.gif

damn that looks
sick.gif

when i was 13 yrs old i had really bad acne
sick.gif
but my mom bought me this cream from MaryKay and it took it away within that year. i don't know if they sellit still because this was back in the early 90's.

Go to the dermatologist. I have just a little bit on my cheeks but it made me really self-conscience. So I went there, they prescribed me a pill to take andsome $$+ called Ziana to apply before bed time. The first 2-3 weeks, it made it look worse because it draws the bacteria out of you. Now I just have a few acnescars and i'm getting a chemical peel in 3 weeks.

i started getting acne in college. but nothing i use really helps. like i could be having a really good 2-3 weeks where i don't get a single pimple, yet ican wake up one morning and have 3-4 bumps (i call em pre-pimples) which eventually become full-blown zits within 3-4 days. it really sucks =/

i wash my face twice a day and user toner/moisturizer. i even started washing it less because i was afraid i was over washing. still nothing. i'm about tojust go visit a dermatologist and listen to what they have to say. over the counter products aren't doing *++*.

^ I wouldn't use the toner much. What helped me was getting a dove soap bar. It restored all my moisture and actually made me feel really clean.

I heard accutane is like last resort, and it's pretty common for it to cause serious side effects, like suicidal thoughts.

Originally Posted by aThievinGenIus

accutane got recalled for causing bowel problems
wrong, da makers weren't makin money cuz of da generics flooding da market so they pulled out da of US.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

wrong, da makers weren't makin money cuz of da generics flooding da market so they pulled out da of US.
lots of da people using it also had real bad side effects, like depression and suicidal thoughts. it happened to two people that i'm friendswith.

i don't really have acne anymore, just small bumps on my forehead.
everything i try works for a month or two then after that nothing.

My acne consists of mostly blackheads... everywhere.

I still get actual pimples but even when I don't my face looks like %@## cuz of the blackheads.

I got scarring too.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

^ I wouldn't use the toner much. What helped me was getting a dove soap bar. It restored all my moisture and actually made me feel really clean.

yeah you know what, a couple of my friends actually recommended that to me. but bar soap on the face? i've only heard negative things about that. but hell,at this point i'm willing to try anything haha

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
you sayin they weren't making money? you ask any dermatologist and9/10 patients ask for a prescription for accutane - they banking. its just when a drug does more harm then good they end up paying more than what they gettinin.

accutane is one of biggest acne drugs where they've been outweighing the risk / reward.

the risks are just too high and that's why it got pulled. one of the biggest concern is depression / suicide and also birth defects.

i dont have pimples.. just scarring. #!** is weak as hell.
once i get a job i'll get to fixing it.. until then tho
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom