NT'ers with acne: What do you use?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by aThievinGenIus

accutane got recalled for causing bowel problems
wrong, da makers weren't makin money cuz of da generics flooding da market so they pulled out da of US.
lots of da people using it also had real bad side effects, like depression and suicidal thoughts. it happened to two people that i'm friends with.
I'm taking accutane, been on it for 6 months already, my last month. I've had no suicidal thoughts or depression. Only side effect i hadwas a backache which is common. Face is as clear as ever and i'm glad i took it.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

wrong, da makers weren't makin money cuz of da generics flooding da market so they pulled out da of US.
lots of da people using it also had real bad side effects, like depression and suicidal thoughts. it happened to two people that i'm friends with.
I'm taking accutane, been on it for 6 months already, my last month. I've had no suicidal thoughts or depression. Only side effect i had was a backache which is common. Face is as clear as ever and i'm glad i took it.

nerd.gif
now where can one purchase this accutane??

Originally Posted by youngflykidchris

I'm taking accutane, been on it for 6 months already, my last month. I've had no suicidal thoughts or depression. Only side effect i had was a backache which is common. Face is as clear as ever and i'm glad i took it.

nerd.gif

Can only get it as a prescription from a dermatologist.

Originally Posted by youngflykidchris

nerd.gif
you can get it prescribed or you can buy it without a prescription online

go to your normal doctor, he prescribed me a cream, I went it was like $100, I'm not home when I get home ill post the name, but it works, ive had it forabout 7 months, i just use it when i have an outbreak and it disappears

Those side affects are seen in less than 1% of patients. (Suicidal thoughts and depression). Honestly, I think the benefits are far greater than the risks...get the blood test to see whether you're a viable patient, it can't hurt

Nothing has ever really worked for me, so I'm on my second week of accutane, the generic, only side affects I've had are chapped lips and my face getsreally dry, had a few bloody noses, but if it gets rid of this crap it's worth it.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Those side affects are seen in less than 1% of patients. (Suicidal thoughts and depression). Honestly, I think the benefits are far greater than the risks... get the blood test to see whether you're a viable patient, it can't hurt
Yeah you have to get the blood test done every month, they check your liver and all kinds of other stuff. I'm no doctor so i don't evenknow what they check. If something is off they'll immediately take you off.

Different people will react differently to different chemicals used in creams and cleansers so you need to mix and match products to find what works.
I personally use St. Ives Apricot Scrub followed by a 5% benzoyl peroxide cream and then finally an oil free moisturizer. I apply that morning and nighteveryday and it has cleared up my mild acne within a week and half.

Nothing works better than extra virgin olive oil. Trust me. I've been using it for dry skin and the occasional pimple and it does work. Look up the oilcleanse.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by shaolin

question should be "Nters without acne, what do you use"
if only you were this smart in your Charles Bakie thread
i was gone last night, ill take the L in that thread
ohwell.gif

Straight up, cetaphil face wash every night with cetaphil facial cream with SPF everytime I go out and after every cleaning

Im telling you go buy some medicated Apricot scrub...use that joint daily..if u ever sense or feel a pimple about to come up, wash ur face...put some clearasilvanishing acne treatment cream on it...rest ya body...like 3-4 hrs a nap or something...u should be good when u wake up or make some progress...

wow
nerd.gif

but anyway jus scrub ya face hard in the shower.. acne will go away in a few days.

the only breakouts i've had were like lumps.

rarely a big lump would be on my face...

remember...even though accutane works really good...your acne can come back..it dried my $#$% out sooo bad i stopped taking it a few weeks early just so mylips werent severely cracked

About 2-3 yrs ago I had bad acne and someone made a thread similar to this. This dude on here by the name of "MF Doomer" recommended Pantothenic Acid(Vitamin b5) so I said "what the heck?" and gave it a try. One week later my acne completely disappeared and it has not come back since. By far themost useful suggestion I've ever read by an NTer. It completely dries up your facial skin and acne is minimized. I can now eat literally whatever I wantand not have to worry about getting acne. I still get the occasional pimple but it's not as bad as when I was getting 10 pimples at a time during my highschool years.

From my experiences, solutions for people suffering from acne can be broken down into two categories. The first group can easily treat their acne by washingtheir face and applying a topical cream such as benzoyl peroxide (the main ingredient in Proactive) or prescription creams such as Retina-A.

The other group of people need to consume pills orally to contain their acne. For years I used a million different prescription creams...I boughtover-the-counter benzoyl peroxide...I bought Proactive...and I saw absolutely no improvement at all. I went to a dermotologist and he just wrote me moreprescriptions for cookie-cutter facial creams that I told him were useless to me. In the end, I figured out that I (and other people in my situation) neededsomething like Accutane. I avoided accutane after hearing horror stories from two of my friends and luckily I discovered that pantothenic acid was perfect forme.

Ignore the misconceptions that acne is caused by "not washing your face" or from certain types of food such as chocolate or french fries orsomething. That is all BS. Acne is a genetic problem caused by your hormones. 'Group A' can treat it by using cream, 'Group B' can treat itusing pills. I did find though that some types of food tended to trigger my acne such as dairy products and caffeine but I can consume both now without anyproblems.

OGBJ, you a fool
laugh.gif
. And also DipsetGeneral said scrub your face hard. If you have sensitive skin(prone to scaring, stinging etc) DO NOT scrub hard.That's a common misconception. This will only further irritate it. Just be gentle, feel it cleaning your pores.

Back
Top Bottom