NT'ers with motorcycles....Need some advice.

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

WITH TIME YOU WILL GET USED TO ALL THE CLUTHING AND ETC JUST DONT GET A 250 PLZ START WITH A 600 OR 750 AND GRADUALLY MOVE UP TO THE 1000CC... ALSO KNOW THAT YOU WILL FALL IT COMES WITH THE TURF... ALWAYS ROCK YOUR HELMET... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CLASS MAN...

Start with a 750?????? You seriously want this guy to die don't you.

...To each his own.
First bike, recommended used bike. Many have dropped their first bike in their first week.

used 600>new 250.

I started riding on a brand new 600, only because I couldn't find any good deals on a used one. Been riding for 4 years, put 6400 miles on my bike andhaven't been down (yet).

If you're getting a 250 you should definitely get it used, they don't lose much value so you can use it for awhile to get a feel for riding and thensell it to someone else without losing much, if any, money. Then go out and get whatever you'd like.

When the bike stalls it pushes you forward, so the answer is yes. Don't be afraid though because its not to the point where you can fly off when you stall.
For beginners get a 650cc or below as your first bike and never get a new one. It is almost a 100% chance that you will drop your bike. When i was 18 (1 yearago) my first bike was a 2007 gixxer 650cc and i dropped at least 5 times.

Well, my motorcycle career is done. I was doing the eval today, aced everything but the last portion was cornering. I accidentally shifted into 3rd and reallysped into the corner...then like a dummy I applied both brakes (you're not supposed to decelarate during any cornering, the handlebars aren'tstraight). I went flying, the bike landed on my leg, got a couple cuts and some scrapes. Had an epiphany that this just isn't my thing. I'ma get aVespa and be good. Props to all the riders out there tho'.

Originally Posted by abernja

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

WITH TIME YOU WILL GET USED TO ALL THE CLUTCHING AND ETC JUST DON'T GET A 250 PLZ START WITH A 600 OR 750 AND GRADUALLY MOVE UP TO THE 1000CC... ALSO KNOW THAT YOU WILL FALL IT COMES WITH THE TURF... ALWAYS ROCK YOUR HELMET... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CLASS MAN...

Start with a 750?????? You seriously want this guy to die don't you.
ACTUALLY I DON'T... I STARTED WITH A 750 WITH NO PROBLEMS, YOU JUST CAN'T BE SCARED... A 250 IS A WASTE OF MONEY... SOME 600S AREEQUIVALENT TO 750S... HEY I GUESS SOME OF US LEARN BETTER THAN OTHERS...
roll.gif

OP failed the test.. Damm, I feel bad for you, Dont know if you rode those 250's they provide to you but I say droppin thatlittle thing is hard to do but you musta applied both brakes pretty damm hard and must have been going pretty fast. Sorry for the Bad news, DONT GETdiscouraged though, I give you props for even trying to take the time to learn, Some cats just hop on and do it on instinct and get it down, but others need alil work... keep your head up for sure and take your time for real. Most time I head people failing is because they kinda rush it a lil...

BTW heres mine

33uzgc3.jpg

2h37t75.jpg

<quote>But I don't think you really need anything more than 600ccs unless you plan on doing track racing<quote/>

You must have never been on a 750 or 1000cc
Put it like this... a BMW 335CI is fast, but a M3 is faster. Then if you want to go even faster, then you would get an M5. Just an example, since I'vedriven all 3 and have riden all 3.

I say if you're comfortable riding, get a 750. You won't have to change anytime soon. When I started riding, I started with a 600 and wanted a 750 thefollowing week. I now personally won't ride anything less than a 750.
BTW... I ride a GSX-R 1000 2007... been riding since 2000.

I prefer a lighter bike.
I mean, I know want to feel more adrenaline as I move on but I'm happy with what I got.
In the end at a bike meet, everyone's looking at my 250 and not the 600s 750s or 1000s.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Well, my motorcycle career is done. I was doing the eval today, aced everything but the last portion was cornering. I accidentally shifted into 3rd and really sped into the corner...then like a dummy I applied both brakes (you're not supposed to decelarate during any cornering, the handlebars aren't straight). I went flying, the bike landed on my leg, got a couple cuts and some scrapes. Had an epiphany that this just isn't my thing. I'ma get a Vespa and be good. Props to all the riders out there tho'.
grin.gif
atleast you tried OP. I haven't seen that happen, butthey do go over that during the classroom time...or atleast they did to mine.

Back
Top Bottom