NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Newest acquisition came in on Monday....

Traded a buy on a brand specific gun forum my slide for his, along with $200. Was 60% sure it was a scam, but it wasn't. Dude was just tired of his setup, didnt shoot it much, and wanted a regular sight system. Craziest gun related deal I've ever gotten. Something like this usually runs about $700 and a few months wait time.

Work was done by Bowie Tactical. Eventually Im going to send it off to get a rear sight and dovetail milled. Will also be dropping an Apex FSS and USB for the trigger, along with updating the trigger bar and slide stop assembly. But no real rush.

Sorry for the bad pics, was taken in my kitchen by iphone.

Which RMR is that? I'm thinking about grabbing one for my .22 but I know they have variations in MOA. Is it easy to pick up the sight picture?

It's the RM02, dot brightness is automatically adjusted; this one has an 8 MOA dot (I think; the early ones had 8 MOA dots, the newer ones have a 6.5 dot)

I've only done about 25 or so drawstrokes/presentations, but it's not hard when I index it from the iron sights. Basically when I line up the irons, the dot appears.

Sucks cuz I'll have to wait until Sunday to actually shoot with it, but in the meantime I have some kydex that needs dremeled so the RDS will fit current holsters.

*edit* Go to take it out last night (after the family went to bed) put a quick 100 rounds through it. Got the sight zero'd at 17 yds (as far as the target went back) and was easily keeping 10 rounds of full powered 45 on a 3x5 index card. I swear it's like a cheat code. I think I'll be shooting a bit more .45 now....

Last edited:
Just picked up a Streamlight TLR-4 light/laser for my Sig P320 .40cal

Any recommendations for owb for g19 I currently have an uncle mikes but it's iwb and a blackhawk and its owb but it's difficult to conceal in warmer temps.

Starting with the electrical union in a week. Gonna be buying some guns this year.

Anybody on here from California own an AR-15? Also gonna look into AK-47 and some shotguns. Been hearing good things about Mossberg.

Starting with the electrical union in a week. Gonna be buying some guns this year.

Anybody on here from California own an AR-15? Also gonna look into AK-47 and some shotguns. Been hearing good things about Mossberg.

Checking in [emoji]128587[/emoji]

Any recommendations for owb for g19 I currently have an uncle mikes but it's iwb and a blackhawk and its owb but it's difficult to conceal in warmer temps.

holster and belt are two things you don't want to cheap out on.

There are a lot of good reasonably priced options. Do you want a kydex, leather, or hybrid rig. Raven Concealment makes, I'd argue, the standard in OWB designs. Dark Star gear, JM custom make goos kydex. Galco is old school but they also make good product.

holster and belt are two things you don't want to cheap out on.

There are a lot of good reasonably priced options. Do you want a kydex, leather, or hybrid rig. Raven Concealment makes, I'd argue, the standard in OWB designs. Dark Star gear, JM custom make goos kydex. Galco is old school but they also make good product.

I cheaped out on my uncle mikes I'll admit it. My blackhawk I paid 50 plus tax for. I'm open to a kydex holster. Here's my problem with the black hawk
it's very bulky...hard to conceal at times. Here's it under my t shirt

Last edited:
I cheaped out on my uncle mikes I'll admit it. My blackhawk I paid 50 plus tax for. I'm open to a kydex holster. Here's my problem with the black hawk
it's very bulky...hard to conceal at times. Here's it under my t shirt

For IWB carry, shielded holsters are a pretty good option. Cheap, pretty well put together, and all the IWB models cost $50 shipped. They only make 2 holsters, the hybrid IWB and the kydex OWB.

*edit* also check out N82 tactical holsters. It's the most comfortable holster I've ever had, and it concealed (for me) pretty well. I don't even know how I forgot about them.

Last edited:
To any brothers that carry in here, do you inform an officer that you're carrying when you're stopped? If so, when? At the beginning of a stop or only if they escalate? I ask bc I'm about to start carrying & trying to avoid trouble at all costs. Also, is carrying even worth it for you? Last time I was pulled over it was by narcs & had my stuff searched, mind you I'm not involved in any illegal activity whatsoever. I can only imagine how that sitch would've gone had I been carrying at the time.

To any brothers that carry in here, do you inform an officer that you're carrying when you're stopped? If so, when? At the beginning of a stop or only if they escalate? I ask bc I'm about to start carrying & trying to avoid trouble at all costs. Also, is carrying even worth it for you? Last time I was pulled over it was by narcs & had my stuff searched, mind you I'm not involved in any illegal activity whatsoever. I can only imagine how that sitch would've gone had I been carrying at the time.
I don't know where you are buy here in TX I believe you have to inform them. When I get pulled over I have my DL, CHL and insurance in my hand at the window waiting for them then I just let them know there is a loaded gun(s) in the truck. Never had a problem.

In VA, theres no duty to inform. Last time I got pulled over (last year, late as ****, coming home from the movies with my family) i didnt tell him anything. Once they run your license, that info shows up. Although handing over your CHP along with license and registration isn't a bad idea.

Just got my permit in the mail yesterday (was being a lazy larry and let it expire). Took 4 business days. God bless the Commonwealth.

What kind of safe are you guys keeping your firearms in?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...d=12668278&cp=4406646.4413993.4414427.4414433

Is the one I have. It's decent enough, not good by any means. But safes are like guns, figure out what you need, and try to get the best you can afford that meets your needs.

I have kids, so I knew a locked closet (which I had at my last house) wouldn't be enough. Luckily at my current house I have a pretty nice workroom in my basement, and the oldest one doesn't like going in there anyway. But I have a few long guns, plus a couple of rifles I'm holding for a friend who moved to the west coast. I have it set up with the shelves for handguns and ammo, so theres no way it'll hold 24 long guns, more like 6-8, which is plenty for me. I also keep my stash of SD and rifle ammo in the safe, cuz I figure I've got a few hundred dollars tied up in that stuff.

Really, a safe is just a deterrent, if someone has the time and desire, any safe can be broken into. I figure the situation Im most likely to encounter is a smash and grab as I live in a suburban townhome neighborhood and have a lot of neighbors and someone would notice a truck backing up to my yard.

Never had an issue with an officer for having guns in the car. Never informed them either and im blk if that matters. Matter of fact last time i got stopped I had a .22 n 12 gauge jus chillin on my back seat. Dude did a quick double take n i just told him i forgot to take them out after the range but they were unloaded. Didnt bother checking anything. Wrote the ticket and bounced. If i was asked to step out of my vehicle id def inform them if i was carrying tho

Never had an issue with an officer for having guns in the car. Never informed them either and im blk if that matters. Matter of fact last time i got stopped I had a .22 n 12 gauge jus chillin on my back seat. Dude did a quick double take n i just told him i forgot to take them out after the range but they were unloaded. Didnt bother checking anything. Wrote the ticket and bounced. If i was asked to step out of my vehicle id def inform them if i was carrying tho

[COLOR=#red]Me neither...BEFORE I even had my concealed carry permit/license I got pulled over in NC on the I-85. The cop saw my FN-45 Tactical in its case on the front seat. All he did was ask to see the pistol out of curiosity. I opened the soft case, he was amazed at the pistol and then he let me go with a warning for my speed. This was a white Sheriff in a rural county too. So far I have been pretty fortunate about stuff like that.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom