NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Xavier, no doubt I will my dude. Also I'm interested in hearing about your PX4 experience. Be good to hear some feedback about it.

Baby Dill, that's exactly what I was thinking...both great choices. He couldn't go wrong with either IMO. So I guess it's gonna come down to personal preference. Thanks for the well wishes. No Rambo here, but I look forward to making a contribution to the effort.

Dathbgboy, you are a smart man by trying to include the wife on your purchases. Maybe next go round you'll start your AR.

CAFinest, The 220 is a best no doubt. Sig reliability, accuracy, pedigree. But it's not like you have a slouch with your 1911. 1911's are accurate and if you ever plan on carrying concealed, the 1911 profile is much slimmer than the thick Sigs. Tough decision.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Dathbgboy, thanks for you being a part of this thread, somehow we have all managed to responsibly discuss firearms and legal ownership which is good because we all know how firearms get such a bad rap.
No doubt sir. Firearms do get a bad rap bc of the fools and cowards wieldin them. Statistics will show that it's those who illegally own firearms who generally commit crimes, not ppl who pay their hard earned money to protect themselves and their families.
With that said, I had a discussion w/ my wife choosing between building a desktop for the house or building an M16......At least I can dual-boot the desktop 
ohwell.gif
The real question is can that desktop your building protect you against zombies? I think not. The AR is the clear cut winner in this case.
smile.gif

Thanks for the response guys.
I've been told the p30 out the box has a long trigger pull and is nothing compared to the p229. But the p30 has adjustable grips and the new p229s have the Short Reset Trigger. Will be going to the upcoming gun show to handle them. Big decisions to make, lol.

Last question here guys, bro was really interested in the Kimber CDP II pisols but I believe there too much quality. I've been told that Sigs and HK's are quality and durable(in general) and that Kimbers are more for showing off. Any comments appreciated.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Alright i've narrowed my choices down to an HK USP .45 or a Sig P220 which one fellas?
Well until the others answer I'll just say this. They both cost around the same, which is on the expensive side of a handgun, though not as expensive as a high end 1911, so that's a wash. They are both supremely accurate and durable, again a wash. They are both respected in the weapon community from the civilian enthusiast, to LE, to Mil, wash. You'd not be a fool to purchase either one of them my friend. I'm a Sig guy, but I couldn't in good conscience say you'd be better off with a Sig.

I know this don't help a lick, but it's the honest truth. 

Today and tomorrow is M4 skill drills and qualification day. We are shooting the full auto Colt M4A1. Me and a former Marine sniper had a showdown today, and to my complete and utter amazement I shot better than he did consistently. We were doing the stand, kneel, prone switch up at 100 meters with a combat reload between each change of stance with body armor and Kevlar helmet. What I think might have happened was he may have been thrown off that I was challenging him and shooting amazingly.

Make no mistake that tomorrow for qualification he will be on his A game. Win or lose, as long as I shoot expert I'm good. Just to know I have gained the respect of a Marine marksman and pushed him to do his best is good enough for me.

Also we are doing some full auto drills tomorrow, can't wait for that.

So how did I shoot so well? It's not so much my skills as much as the technique I used. I say this almost every time, it was the fundamentals my 1st Sgt in Infantry OSUT taught us. Natural Point of Aim. It's where you align your body in a way that after each shot the front sight post comes back to the same exact position. It works so well that you can shoot with your eyes closed and as long as you provide a consistent trigger squeeze it will group extremely tight. It works well in the kneel and prone position. For shooting standing up it doesn't work as well, but to supplement that shoot on your respiratory pause, which is the period right after you exhale but before you inhale. If you stretch that time out a little longer you can get 5-6 good and accurate shots off before needing to inhale.

Wish me well, tomorrow it's gonna be on!!

Today and tomorrow is M4 skill drills and qualification day. We are shooting the full auto Colt M4A1. Me and a former Marine sniper had a showdown today, and to my complete and utter amazement I shot better than he did consistently. We were doing the stand, kneel, prone switch up at 100 meters with a combat reload between each change of stance with body armor and Kevlar helmet. What I think might have happened was he may have been thrown off that I was challenging him and shooting amazingly.

Make no mistake that tomorrow for qualification he will be on his A game. Win or lose, as long as I shoot expert I'm good. Just to know I have gained the respect of a Marine marksman and pushed him to do his best is good enough for me.

Also we are doing some full auto drills tomorrow, can't wait for that.

So how did I shoot so well? It's not so much my skills as much as the technique I used. I say this almost every time, it was the fundamentals my 1st Sgt in Infantry OSUT taught us. Natural Point of Aim. It's where you align your body in a way that after each shot the front sight post comes back to the same exact position. It works so well that you can shoot with your eyes closed and as long as you provide a consistent trigger squeeze it will group extremely tight. It works well in the kneel and prone position. For shooting standing up it doesn't work as well, but to supplement that shoot on your respiratory pause, which is the period right after you exhale but before you inhale. If you stretch that time out a little longer you can get 5-6 good and accurate shots off before needing to inhale.

Wish me well, tomorrow it's gonna be on!!

Just to make sure - you were shootin like this?

fe82ffb4a6.jpg

Jk - That's Awesome maaaan! Sure you'll do excellent tomorrow -

I've chose to cop the HK USP .45 I liked that gun more after shooting both.

Elder you're shooting M4s? We can't get anything like that in California.

6dollaBURGER, You know you wrong for that 
laugh.gif
. We see slides like that all the time, ESPECIALLY the Libya rebelsthose guys welded a Mi Hind 24 Rocket pod to a pickup truck bed. Please google that helo if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Excellent choice, CA, then again I would I would have said the same for the P220
smile.gif
. That's a Benz or Bimmer scenario for sure. Oh and no, I couldn't get my hands on a M4 unofficially , and if you ever hear someone say they can, they are either rich or with connections, obtained it illegally, or just flat out lying. Even with a Class III NFA they are prohibitively expensive not to mention mostly unavailable.

6dollaBURGER, You know you wrong for that 
laugh.gif
. We see slides like that all the time, ESPECIALLY the Libya rebelsthose guys welded a Mi Hind 24 Rocket pod to a pickup truck bed. Please google that helo if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Excellent choice, CA, then again I would I would have said the same for the P220
smile.gif
. That's a Benz or Bimmer scenario for sure. Oh and no, I couldn't get my hands on a M4 unofficially , and if you ever hear someone say they can, they are either rich or with connections, obtained it illegally, or just flat out lying. Even with a Class III NFA they are prohibitively expensive not to mention mostly unavailable.

Yeah i'm planning on getting a threaded barrel and some upgraded sights from xssights.com

Xavier wrote:

at the range yesterday shooting the px4 storm, shoots real accurate.
Nice shooting Xavier. The Storm has an interesting barrel setup. How is taking it apart to clean? I'm curious about the Storm. Maybe they'll have one at the gunshow this weekend I can look at.

xrua0.jpg

^^My qualifying target.

I'm gonna try not to make this long and drawn out. Anyway the showdown happened as anticipated on the range. The Marine was in the shooting position to the left of me, and all day I was getting hit in the face with his hot flying brass
laugh.gif
. I think he positioned himself just perfectly to try to throw me off. Short version of the story we both tied for 1st qualifying with a 299 out of a possible 300. We shot standing, kneeling, and prone from 100 yards on in.

Details: Including the drills we all shot close to 600 rounds of 5.56 ammo during an incredibly hot and humid day with all types of spiders and bugs crawling over us. But that's the best way to train...no excuses. Since we both tied for number one we had the opportunity to shoot the HK416 FULL AUTO!!! Our instructors brought it with them from the arms room. Everybody else shot their M4A1's full auto and they only got to shoot one magazine full auto.

Oh my goodness, I am in love with the HK. It had the 10.5 inch barrel, it was barely longer than the handguard and had a forward grip attached to the bottom rail. After a few magazines at full auto there is just no way possible you can touch the handguards without nomex gloves...it is just too hot. Me and Marine sniper shot one magazine doing 3-5 rounds bursts until empty (there isn't a 3 round burst selector...you just have to squeeze and release while on full auto. Then we got 3 magazines to shoot on Full Auto. You literally have to lean into the weapon while going full out, because if not the muzzle will rise drastically. I leaned into it like I do my shotgun and was able to dump a full mag full auto center mass of the target. It's hard to describe just how exhilarating that was. After to more full mag ammo dumps I was in shooting heaven. I tried to get it recorded, but the instructor would not allow us to due to sensitive concerns...booooo.

I received so much praise from our instructors, these guys are the real deal, so I felt honored. I received the nickname Natural Born Killer from them. I know it seems corny, but to receive a name from those guys is awesome. I'm definitely ready to start attending the specialty schools like Sniper/Countersniper, which I am going to do once I return.

The civilian version of the HK416 is the H&K MR556A1, I am really impressed with the platform and might just get the MR and then short barrel it. I like it over the SCAR and the ACR because it's the familiar feel of the M16/M4/AR, just much better engineered.

Hey guys i'm not that knowledgable with guns but for a couple of months a guy i know lived with me but was never able to pay me rent so we talked and he went somewhere else but since he didn't have cash he gave me a gun instead. Its called a "M1 Carbine Rifle" i don't know anything about it other than its name. I was wondering if any of you knew how much i could get for it or if its even legal to sell. Can anyone help me?

Had a quick question for Elder or anyone else knowledgable on this matter... I recently got my Glock 27 (first gun), bought it new with TRU DOT night sights, I have my CHL as well and my question is this... How much care do you need to have with the sights? Is it possible to un-align them? I have a inside waistband holster, its real soft material inside, but it isnt molded to the shape of the gun, meaning every time i pull it out, the front sight will rub coming out. So just in general is it best to get a molded holster? Do i need to pay good attention to that or are they pretty much set? I dont bang it around or anything but just had this question in mind. Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Hey guys i'm not that knowledgable with guns but for a couple of months a guy i know lived with me but was never able to pay me rent so we talked and he went somewhere else but since he didn't have cash he gave me a gun instead. Its called a "M1 Carbine Rifle" i don't know anything about it other than its name. I was wondering if any of you knew how much i could get for it or if its even legal to sell. Can anyone help me?
I'm embarrassed that I'm up so late
embarassed.gif

Anyway basically the M1 Carbine was to the M1 Garand as todays M4 is to the M16 (well mostly anyway since the M1 Carbine and M1 Garand had different parts). So that means it was the slightly more compact version of the main battle rifle. It was pretty much standard issue for some of WWII, Korean, and even some of the Vietnam War.

Depending on the specific model it is and the condition of it you can get some decent coin for it. I found the quoted info on the web. If you know of someone into nostalgic/historic weaponry I'd ask them how much they thinks it's worth. You couldl go to a gunshow, but be careful, because if they sense you don't know its worth they'll seriously under appraise it. From what I've just researched, you shouldn't take no less than $600-$700 for it. It could be worth more though. I hope this info at least gives you somewhat of an idea my fellow NT'er.

U.S. M1 CARBINE (MILITARY & COMMERCIAL)
- .30 Carbine cal., 18 in. barrel, 15 or 30 shot box mag., wood stocked, two- or four-position aperture rear, blade front sight with protective ears, with or without bayonet lug. This weapon was designed by Winchester for the U.S. government, over 6 million were produced by 12 different companies. Plainfield mfg. after WWII was for civilian sales. It is a gas operated lightweight carbine which was also used by other countries' armed forces. Makers and values as follows. Some variations have the type III barrel band.

Carbines: Semi-Auto, Reworks & Commercial Mfg.
- includes carbines that have been factory reworked at U.S. arsenals.

Grading 100% ...98% ....95% ...90% ....80% .....70% .....60%
Inland ..$850 ....$675 ...$495 ....$415 ....$370 ....$325 ....$295

Carbines: Semi-Auto, Original Type I
- includes original carbines with flip rear sight and no bayonet lug.
Grading 98% ...95% ....90% ....80% ....70% ....60%
Inland .$1,675 $1,250 $1,000 ..$875 ...$750 ...$675

Carbines: Semi-Auto, Original Type II
- includes original carbines with adj. rear sight and no bayonet lug.
Grading 98% ...95% ...90% ...80% ...70% ...60%
Inland $1,475 $1,075 ..$875 ..$775 ..$650 ...$600

Carbines: Semi-Auto, Original Type III
- includes original carbines with adj. rear sight and bayonet lug.
Grading 98% ...95% ...90% ...80% ...70% ...60%
Inland $1,350 $1,000 ..$800 ..$700 ..$600 ..$550

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Had a quick question for Elder or anyone else knowledgable on this matter... I recently got my Glock 27 (first gun), bought it new with TRU DOT night sights, I have my CHL as well and my question is this... How much care do you need to have with the sights? Is it possible to un-align them? I have a inside waistband holster, its real soft material inside, but it isnt molded to the shape of the gun, meaning every time i pull it out, the front sight will rub coming out. So just in general is it best to get a molded holster? Do i need to pay good attention to that or are they pretty much set? I dont bang it around or anything but just had this question in mind. Thanks guys
Tru Dots should will hold up to normal wear and tear. Though they might not take as much of a banging as the Heine tritium sights, they are still solid. Just me mindful of the fiber optic front sight as far as banging it around. They don't lose zero (un-align) that easily either. You are good even with unholstering and reholstering. But if you want a true custom fit holster you can always go the Kydex route. They basically form the holster around your actual gun. Some gun shops have a Kydex setup where they can do it on-site, you just have to check around. Hope that helped.

As always if the other contributors on this board want to add or or even correct anything please do. Not to sound corny but this is our "community" here on NT and your feedback is always appreciated guys.

last time i been to the range.
frown.gif
i don't remember which gun it was. i know i was shooting a P95 ruger at the time, but the gun in the pic looks like my boy's s&w.

2gwi4bo.jpg

2zix7pw.jpg

34z0wvn.jpg

Elder that's some damn fine shooting man. Also a word about the H&K MR556A1, for reasons I don't understand they gave the civilian version a heavier barrel profile and did not chrome line the barrel. Also the HK lower won't fit regular PMAGs but it will fit EMAGs.

Back
Top Bottom