NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

SPECOPS.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

eek.gif
Just found out that my new Sig is a limited edition that only had 200 made with the features it has. What a fine damn pistol. I though people were overhyping Sigs...but now I see why they get the accolades that they do. You'd be hard pressed to find any handgun that just gets so many things right, and the accuracy is off the charts. Thinking about doing an in depth youtube review on it.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

2yljmnm.jpg

My new in box P229. Got it this morning from the gun show. Virginia seems to have a gun show at least every other week it seems
laugh.gif
. I drove down to Fredricksburg to get it. Extras include SigLite Tritium night sights, beaver tail grip, threaded barrel for suppresor, custom Hogue OEM rubber grips, and and super short trigger reset when in single action. All that for $900 when the base model is $899 retail. Thank goodness for gun shows and trades. My first 9mm ever. Coming from a .45 it seems kinda strange...but if it's good enough to be the Navy SEALS main sidearm, then it's good enough for me. Can't wait to take her to the range.
Dude how was the line down there? I went to the one in Dulles and the line was crazy long I couldn't even get in. I'm looking to buy a P229 and a Beretta Px4 Storm and I've heard the gun shows are def worth it. 

That Sig Elite is 'Gawgeous'. Please post when you get it. I'd not want to even shoot something as pretty as her.

Benny P...it wasn't crowded at all my felow NT'er. I went on deal 'makin Sunday. Found out from a gun show vet that Sunday is always the best day to get the deals, by that time the merchants are trying to move as much merchandise as possible in order to justify the cost for them making the show. You get even better deals with ammo on the last day. You are expected to negotiate...never pay face value at a gun show.

In my case I got a limited edition Sig that I would have never found had I tried the retail route.

BTW my first pic was so crappy. Here is a much better one, I think.

15cze53.jpg

My baby, I call her Siggy Pop

that sig is damn nice. i bet your wallet is happier buying 9mm ammo rather than .45.
tongue.gif

did that come with 15 or 20 round mags?
how heavy is it loaded?

you didn't trade the .45 tac for it did you ?
edit* there's a gun show every weekend in VA. God bless the Commonwealth 
smokin.gif

Richiecotite,

Yeah man I traded the Tac. I loved the Tac, awesome pistol, awesome concept...BUT I started to realize it wasn't so practical, but one of the best offensive minded handguns ever made.  Out of all my weapons I need my handgun to be practical, because it's the one I'll shoot the most, carry the most, use the most. I found I wasn't really using my Tac and when my CCW finally is approved I didn't see myself carrying it concealed. Not to mention .45 ACP coming in at close to .50 cent per round and that's the practice rounds.

I didn't have plans to trade it in until after I had to qualify on the M-11 (Sig P228/229). I shot so well with it even out to 25 yards and was so impressed that I had to get one. Sigs are every bit worth their stellar reputation. Plus it's my agencys issue, so having a personal sidearm that matches your issued firearm makes for consistency. That benefited me already...I told my instructor that after his class I bought a Sig P229, and he came back later with 3 brand new mags for me. Oh and I have the 13 round mags. I can use the 15's from the bigger Sig P226 as well.

i hear that, thats why i had to get a 9mm. there's no such thing as concealed carry with the tac. needless to say, it's now my nightstand gun.

if your looking for 9mm ammo, sgammo.com has a good selection and pretty damn good pricing.

how hard is it to build an ar? and you need a pistol purchase permit for the lower part, correct?

Just copped a Rock Island 1911-A1 .45 and did some range shooting from 25 yards. Fed and shot well. Also shot a 460 .44 Mag it was complete madness.
336315262.jpg

Just put together my Stag Lower with my new BCM M4 upper. Machining is so nice on the Bravo, I cant wait to break it in with some 62gr rounds. Also ordered a Vortex Red Dot.
pimp.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Picked up my 1911 Rock Island .45 Tactical and shot it today very accurate at 35 yards changed the wood grips to CNC golf ball grips. Also swapped the mags to Wilson Combat Elite. I love this gun letting my brother use the Glock 17 for the time being.

Rock Islands make very nice 1911s. I own a Charles Daly 1911 which is made by Rock Island and damn is it accurate, where ever I point it its gonna hit lol.

^im happy with it. This is my first 1911 I didn't want to break the bank however I might just swap the front sight to fiber optic. Might sell the glock and get a 229 later.

Yeah, I'm also happy with mine. I also have other 1911s like Kimber and Springfields, but I grab the RIA/CD 1911 to go to the range.  You should look into NOVAK sights for your 1911.

Seattle206, where is that place at? I've been trying to find a spot around the area for a long time. Seems like most places that were, are no longer available for shooting. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Elder that P229 is
pimp.gif
as well as CAFinest23 1911. DrftDunks our ARs our almost identical
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Elder that P229 is
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Yes indeed ARGuy. CAFinest, your 1911 is looking mighty fine. Love the thumb indentation on the grips. Rock Island is very solid...and it's not gonna break the bank either. Best thing you did was get the WIlson COmbat mags...the industry standard for 1911 mags.

That's a clean AR Drft, a welcome change from the ultra quad rail AR's that are in style now.

My Sig is definitely a great gun...one of my favorite pistols I have ever owned, including my old Kimber 1911. BUT, it's so solid of a pistol that it's almost dare I say boring.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Elder that P229 is
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Yes indeed ARGuy. CAFinest, your 1911 is looking mighty fine. Love the thumb indentation on the grips. Rock Island is very solid...and it's not gonna break the bank either. Best thing you did was get the WIlson COmbat mags...the industry standard for 1911 mags.

That's a clean AR Drft, a welcome change from the ultra quad rail AR's that are in style now.

My Sig is definitely a great gun...one of my favorite pistols I have ever owned, including my old Kimber 1911. BUT, it's so solid of a pistol that it's almost dare I say boring.
pimp.gif
 Yeah i'm looking to do work with that 1911 soon. Those Wilson Combat mags work like a charm best purchase for the 1911 by far. That Sig 229 is
pimp.gif
i'm trying to have my brother cop one but he doesn't want to spend $989 for one.
Here's the work I did with the RIA 1911 yesterday 30 yards.

Excellent grouping after I dialed it in.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted by DRFT n Dunks

Just put together my Stag Lower with my new BCM M4 upper. Machining is so nice on the Bravo, I cant wait to break it in with some 62gr rounds. Also ordered a Vortex Red Dot.
pimp.gif
That makes my willy tingle 
embarassed.gif

Is all that furniture magpul? 1 in 7 twist im guessing?

Yup, Magpul furniture and 1/7 twist barrel. Planning to put a Troy rail when I get some money and got my Vortex Red Dot. Still have to zero my Red Dot, also just bought a VLTORxBCM charging handle Mod 4(Medium Latch). Charging the weapon has never been smoother
happy.gif
.  You dont see it in the pic but I also have an ASAP plate and MS2 Sling is not in the pic lol.

A candid photo of my long guns.
Mossberg 930 SPX Semi-Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun 8 Shell Capacity, Ghost Ring Sights, Picatinny Rail, Auto Regulating Piston System for Low and High Powered Shells.

DPMS Panther Arms Mark 12 Special Purpose Rifle ( Match Grade Precision AR-15).  18" Stainless Steel Heavy Barrell 1 Twist in 8 Inches of Travel, Match Grade 2 Stage Trigger, EOTECH 552 Holo Sight, LMT SOPMOD Telescopic Stock, Free Float Quad Rail Handguard, Harris Bipod, Mako Industries Foldable Foward Handgrip.

2sbrcit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom