NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

collection pics???

going to post what i have now, buddy asked me to hold on to his FAL and his brother's AK. Also, my dad brought me up some old pistols i bought 7 or 8 yrs ago he just found. Got a taurus .357 and a llama .45

Alright, spent like an hour after the wife and little one went to bed getting these pics together.

Like i said earlier, the FAL and the AK belong to a buddy who doesn't live in a free state. They're both Century's. Anyway, everything firearm related i have in my possession (minus carry rigs) top to bottom- mosin nagant, AK, AR, 12 guage mossberg. Pistols (clockwise from top left) CZ83 (.380), Jiminez (.380), Llama Max 1 (.45), FNP-9 (carry piece), FNP-9 with Streamlight TLR3 (nightstand gun), taurus .357

Ammo. Ideally, i'd like to have 1k of 9mm practice ammo and 500 rounds of good stuff; same with 5.56; 300 shotgun shells, 200 .380; 400 rounds of 7.62 (and another mosin to go along with it)

Magazines (or clips, whatever you want to call them
tongue.gif
) Would like to pick up another 3-4 mags for the FNP's and 10 more pmags, and the same total number of aluminums as pmags. would also like to pick up a few more Troy battlemags and try out the Lancers and Tangodown plastics.

pardon the pug
laugh.gif

.223/5.56/9mm brass. Bought a reloader a few months ago (haven't set it up since we will be moving in the next month and didn't have time to learn about the practice), but i still need a tumbler and .223 die set. this year i decided i wanted to be more than proficient with my firearms, i really want to learn to run them guns! i decided for now i'm going to concentrate on pistol markmanship and manipulation. got a yr pass to the range for christmas, but ammo is still pretty damn pricey, even 9mm. i figured if i'm going to the range once a week, shooting 1 or 2 boxes each time, that would easily cost over 500 bucks. cost of reloading would almost be half of that, and it will be even more when i start reloading for the rifle. since brass is the most expensive coponent, i've been trying to save all my brass whenever i go to the range. Plus loading your own allows you to create the best custom load for your particular gun.

^ like i said, the FAL and AK aren't mine, just storing them for a friend of mine.

but i'm sure as %%%+ gonna shoot that .308 like it is mine!

Picked up my first guns today:

For me:
Sig Sauer P226 Tac Ops 9 mm

For the wife (and my concealed carry):
Sig Sauer P290 9 mm

Was originally hoping to get the Sig Sauer P226 mk. 25, but could not find it locally, and didn't want to deal with the hassle of shipping and FFL transfers.  After talking to the salesman, I ended up being sold on the Tac Ops, partly because it comes with 4 20 round magazines.  The wife was a little skeptical at first of the purchase price, but then she got jealous after we bought it so we went and found the 290 for her.  Pretty good day all in all.

^^^^ It doesn't get much better than Sigs for your first weapon pickups. YOu know you set the bar pretty high right? Both are sweet shooting pistols, when you get a chance give us a range report after you have fired them. 

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

^^^^ It doesn't get much better than Sigs for your first weapon pickups. YOu know you set the bar pretty high right? Both are sweet shooting pistols, when you get a chance give us a range report after you have fired them. 
Thought about calling out sick from work to go shooting today, haha.

Doesn't look like I can get out until next week some time, but I'll definitely let you know.

I have a feeling it's going to be a ton of fun...DA/SA with a short reset trigger and a 20 round clip...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Copped this n82 Tactical IWB conceal holster for my Sig Sauer P239 after i seen ElderWatson post his, and looked pretty good, so did some research on it, since been looking for one for a while now, but nothing i tried did it all for me.....This holster is great, the suede against the body , the flexible-molding that holds the gun is great, and those guys have good Customer service[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
343qbyf.jpg
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Need this Sig  P224 in my life!!![/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://www.sigsauerguns.c.../2012/01/sig-p224-ad.jpg[/color]

eaalito,

for first guns, i think that would qualify as 'doing it' !!

Simba- how's that N82 tac holster working for you? I went ahead and ordered one last night, i'd really like to know how it prints i asked elder but i still haven't gotten a response 
ohwell.gif

CAFinest- i can't remember, but don't you have a RIA tactical 1911? If so, how does that feed hollows? I been looking @ one mighty hard, hard to beat that price for the features!

What kind of belts are cats using to CC? Anyone have experience with the wilderness belt?

i been bit with the stippling bug. stippled the grip of carry piece, and 1 pmag. Makes a world of difference, but it's definitely not the prettiest stiple job in the world.

Bought an AK. But I guess the state has to run a more in depth background check or some crap even though I have a permit to purchase. I can pick it up Saturday probably.

Speaking of holsters. I been waitin for Elder to give me a review on that base layer holster he posted a while ago
laugh.gif

We got another gun show comin up in April. Lookin to work some odd jobs to put some money aside. Tryna go all out next time around

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Simba- how's that N82 tac holster working for you? I went ahead and ordered one last night, i'd really like to know how it prints i asked elder but i still haven't gotten a response 
ohwell.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've had it in the holster for a couple days now, and its imprinting already rather nicely....i like the holster alot, holds the gun nicely and the suede padding on the inside is great against your skin...Pause [/color]

looking at getting a pocket 9. been looking at the sig p290, a beretta nano, and if i save up the extra cash a kimber solo. anyone have any opinions on the 3? looks like everyone favors sigs here.

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

looking at getting a pocket 9. been looking at the sig p290, a beretta nano, and if i save up the extra cash a kimber solo. anyone have any opinions on the 3? looks like everyone favors sigs here.

I will be able to give you some more feedback after this weekend.  I just bought my 226 and 290 on 3/3/12, and fired them for the first time on 3/6/12.  The 226 is ridiculously accurate - it was my first time shooting a real gun (only bb/pellet before
roll.gif
), and I was shooting really accurate/tight groups, and even had a dead on center target shot.  I started getting carried away with rapid firing my entire magazine, because I've always wanted to do that.  My next range visit will be focused on accuracy.  Unfortunately, I only shot the 290 14 times, because it kicks a lot harder than the 226, and it is double action only, not nearly as fun as a short reset double action/single action trigger. 

I plan on going to the range this Sunday, 3/11/12, and I will get back to you with a report on accuracy, etc.  From what I can tell you, it has a lot more solid feel than other pocket 9s like the Ruger or Taurus, but I also imagine it is a little more expensive as well.

Stay up on this thread after the weekend!

Originally Posted by richiecotite

eaalito,

for first guns, i think that would qualify as 'doing it' !!

ohwell.gif

CAFinest- i can't remember, but don't you have a RIA tactical 1911? If so, how does that feed hollows? I been looking @ one mighty hard, hard to beat that price for the features!

What kind of belts are cats using to CC? Anyone have experience with the wilderness belt?

i been bit with the stippling bug. stippled the grip of carry piece, and 1 pmag. Makes a world of difference, but it's definitely not the prettiest stiple job in the world.
Yeah I had a RIA 1911 Tactical. It's been long gone since now but it fed HP pretty well. 

Selling the Kimber CDP Pro to purchase a AR15 looking at a S&W AR15ST or A Stag Arms AR15 which one should I get?

^ which stag?

I been halfway looking @ the stag 3g (made specifically for 3gun), 1 in 8 barrel, free float, 18 inch, seems like a damn nice rifle. but between the 2, i'd go with s&w, they've been around a while, and i've read online they have pretty good customer service.

but for real, you should look @ getting colt or bcm, if for nothing more than resale value when you want to trade it/sell it.

Colts are too much for me. I'm planning on spending $800 for the ar the M&P Sport doesn't have the dust cover or feeder but I plan on adding a BCM upper reciever to get those features

MY brother and I are looking into getting our first handguns but ny laws are strict from what i hear. Ive been looking thru the thread and lately people have been saying that the sig is a good first gun any thing else i should consider looking into?

Back
Top Bottom