NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

It it as least possible to be able to get a gun license somewhere in New York state? 

Are you talking about just having a pistol or concealed carry?

Does anyone own the Kel-tec PMR30, or have any of you shot it?  After shooting a high capacity 9 mm, I can only imagine how much fun it would be to shoot a higher capacity gun, albeit in .22 magnum.  
Please let me know, because I am STRONGLY considering buying this.

I have no idea to embed, so if someone else can, help yourself.

Here is a link.

AK heads... what stock are you rocking with? I was thinking about the mako 6 position. I might just keep the wood for a minute though. Thinking about polishing my bolt carrier though if I'm ever bored enough.

Alright guys thanks for helping me out! I'm thinking I might want to buy a complete upper and lower and have someone assemble it for me. I checked out PSA.com and seen that I could get everything I want dust cover and forward assist for about $796 shipped! Is there anything else that I need to make this a complete gun?

Here's the link to the upper
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-hammer-forged-m4a1-cmv-upper-1.html

Here's the link to the lower
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/complete-psa-ar-15-lower-classic-edition.html

^You can do that too, all you'll need to do is just put the two together and you'll be good to go. PSA is very new to ARs and have had some growing pains but their barrels are made by FNH so that's a huge plus.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

^You can do that too, all you'll need to do is just put the two together and you'll be good to go. PSA is very new to ARs and have had some growing pains but their barrels are made by FNH so that's a huge plus.

So is PSA cool for a first AR? Also how do I make this thing California legal?

Bought some target rounds and also gonna cycle out rounds that I was holdin. Be at the range tomorrow - bang bang everyone.

20120309_141351_303-vi.jpg

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Alright ARGuy I found someone who sales a complete kit all I need is a stripped lower reciever. Here's the link to the kit. Is Stag Arms legit? Here's the link. http://www.ar15sales.com/store/page2.html

What's a good stripped lower?

99% of the time a stripped lower is a stripped lower, the cheaper the better. It really all depends what rollmark you like the most. I know PSA has lowers pretty cheap but make sure you check out the link I posted early to make sure the lower is Cali-legal. Also Stag is a great budget rifle, there are some better but there are plenty that are worse. I honestly have never heard anything bad about them. It'll serve you well. 

Alright ARGuy I found someone who sales a complete kit all I need is a stripped lower reciever. Here's the link to the kit. Is Stag Arms legit? Here's the link. http://www.ar15sales.com/store/page2.html

What's a good stripped lower?

99% of the time a stripped lower is a stripped lower, the cheaper the better. It really all depends what rollmark you like the most. I know PSA has lowers pretty cheap but make sure you check out the link I posted early to make sure the lower is Cali-legal. Also Stag is a great budget rifle, there are some better but there are plenty that are worse. I honestly have never heard anything bad about them. It'll serve you well. 
Finished my lower last night.
[table][tr][td]
 Franklin Arms Lower here are the specs

Lower Receiver:
Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum
Hard Coat Type III Anodized Black
Bullet Button[emoji]8482[/emoji] Magazine Release installed on lowers sold where required.
Standard Magazine Release installed on lowers sold where legally eligible.
Specialized Tension Screw - Eliminates Upper/Lower Play
Franklin Armory Custom Tuned Trigger
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE Grip

Magazine:
Magpul Pmag 10/20 Standard for Restricted States
Magpul Pmag 20 rd Standard for Unrestricted States
Durable Polymer Construction
Anti-Tilt Follower

Stock:
Magpul MOE Stock
Reinforced Six Position Collapsible
Multiple Rear SLing Mount Positions
Rubber Buttpad Provides Positive Shoulder Purchase
Aluminum Carbine Length Receiver Extension

Now I need an upper! Need advice in the twist rate as well. Any help would be appreciated. Might shoot with iron sights for awhile before I upgrade to an optic sight.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Lower sounds very nice. For an upper a good twist rate is 1x7 or 1x8, much more versatile than 1x9.

Lower sounds very nice. For an upper a good twist rate is 1x7 or 1x8, much more versatile than 1x9.
I was thinking a 1x7 twist, not sure what kind though, any recommendations?

What's your budget for your upper?

I'm trying to pay $500 max
You looking at a 16" barrel? If you are do you want a mid length 
BCM-URG-MID-16%20BFH-2.jpg

or carbine gas system? 
BCM-URG-M4-16-2.jpg

Really isn't much of a difference between the too. Some say the recoil on the mid length is a little smoother and you will have a longer sight radius when shooting with irons. On the flip-side, the carbine is what the portion of our troops use overseas and is proven to work.

I'm not sure. I want a 16" barrel for sure, I don't know of I want a carbine gas system though maybe just mid length

Just turned the legal age to buy a hand gun in Arizona
We have some pretty easy going gun laws here

Been looking at some guns, I really like Sig Sauer P250 9mm and the Bersa Thunder 380.

Any advise for me guys? 

Originally Posted by Ebay DosTres

Been looking at some guns, I really like Sig Sauer P250 9mm and the Bersa Thunder 380.

Any advise for me guys? 
What's your price range?

I'm not sure. I want a 16" barrel for sure, I don't know of I want a carbine gas system though maybe just mid length

This will do you well than. PSA Mid-Length Chromed Lined Upper

Any advise for me guys? 
If you're anywhere near Scottsdale, go to the Scottsdale Gun Club. They have tons of guns you can rent and shoot. If you aren't just find a local gun store that does allow you to rent guns and find one that's comfortable to you.

Any advise for me guys? 
If you're anywhere near Scottsdale, go to the Scottsdale Gun Club. They have tons of guns you can rent and shoot. If you aren't just find a local gun store that does allow you to rent guns and find one that's comfortable to you.

Some people say PSA some people say Bravo Company. Any experiences with Bravo Company?

Any advise for me guys? 

Some people say PSA some people say Bravo Company. Any experiences with Bravo Company?
I actually have a BCM upper and tit is fantastic. The only thing is it would land you out of your price range. But if your willing to spend about an extra $100 than most defiantly go for it. Also with BCM their inventory goes FAST. When I bought my upper I had to sign up to be notified by email when it came in stock. I know they have a few uppers in stock now as well as a couple other distributors. 

Back
Top Bottom