NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I wanted to get Romeo 7 since they were only a bit more expensive than the 5 on Amazon, but apparently Sig discontinued them? They are still available from other sellers but they went from $160 to $200

The Romeo 5 is straight. I got one basically free. I didn’t like it on the rifle tho, it’s on my PCC with low mount and cowitnesses with the irons.

It’s not bad at all if you can catch it for around 100.

I have bad eyes so it bursts for me, but the evo has 4 apertures and the smallest one tightens up the dot.

I totally want a mepro m21 x reticle but not for MSRP lol

They go around 200 used so I’d like one around that range.

no shake awake. (motion activation)

get the romeo 5

if you want something more heavy duty get the Romeo 7. if you want the MOST heavy duty, getta aimpoint
Listen to this man.

This man knows.

If you think a Romeo 5 is poor, look into the next tier of holosun or PA (tbh all three source from the same factories lol)

The top tier is just above that, which would be Aimpoint. While I Stan for Acogs I do not like trijicon dots (the SRO is nice) Aimpoint is the standard.

For entry level, tho, you really can’t beat a Romeo 5. Closest to 100 bucks you can grab one, the better. Harder to find both low and high mount but for AR you’ll typically find the high mount more comfortable.

I want something with magnification for my AR, but that’s just cause I have horrible astigmatism.

I’ve also been considering an eotech (They’re actually kind to my eyes)

the EoTech eyebox is goated. they jus need to add motion activation for the same price somehow

the Holosun 403b is up to 170 bucks. I always maintained it was slightly nicer than the Romeo but everyone told me they were the same just rebranded... if you can find the Holosun for 119.99 or better Id get it. identical footprint. takes aimpoint t1/t2 mounts love em both. I jus threw an xtra Romeo I had on my folding m70. Ill throw up some range pics later, im gunna go sight it in after work probably

All the above is 100% accurate. I have the holosun 510c on my AR and 507 on my .22 pistol and they’re both fire. People talk about holosun like they’re cheap/airsoft junk but check some of the reviews and torture tests. With that being said, i recently eye balled an eotech XPS and like Jewsee said, that thing is CRISP :rofl:. Ill have one in the near future, but in the mean time I dont feel like im miles behind having my 510C mounted.

eotechs are nice

They are holographic not reflex

The “reticle” isn’t projected onto glass it’s legit a hologram in front of you

I describe the reticle as like a 100 tiny dots (like old school comic book coloring)

You’re supposed to look through the reticle, not at it, and it blends together to make a solid...

I guess the combo of a hologram and dots blending give me absolutely zero starburst or distortion, even at higher brightness

I don’t like that they are so chonky, and as mentioned, no shake awake, however most models have NV (nice to have if ever)

I want some magnification, and although I’m not a huge fan of magnifiers, eotech maybe the best optic to magnify.

Apparently since it’s a hologram the reticle doesn’t magnify, so it’s the same size at 3 or 5 x (I believe those are their two magnifier powers)

They’re pretty slick. For the price new, though, I’m personally throwing 100-150 more for an on sale ACOG (magnification, although fixed)

I know a couple people who swear by eotechs though

2C2C25A5-1A87-48F8-AD2C-F951966BDE7F.jpeg
Haven’t shot it yet but might I recommend
I just ordered my G29 over the weekend, btw did you know 10mm glocks can safely run 40S&W no problem. Basically 2 guns in one AS IS

Damn so Ukraine government just driving through all the neighborhoods passing out suppressed AK’s to men and women willing to fight?:nerd:

You know damn well they not keeping track of all them weapons being handed out.

Shiiiiet.. when this is all over with, if I was a citizen over there Ima be like

“yeah I lost mines, thats crazy“ :rofl:

Damn so Ukraine government just driving through all the neighborhoods passing out suppressed AK’s to men and women willing to fight?:nerd:

You know damn well they not keeping track of all them weapons being handed out.

Shiiiiet.. when this is all over with, if I was a citizen over there Ima be like

“yeah I lost mines, thats crazy“ :rofl:
During the Vietnam war, the Vietnamese military gave my dad an AK in the morning. He was wilding out and was shooting things he shouldn’t have been shooting and the military guy came by at night & said “nah you gotta give it back” :rofl:

Gatdamn ya'll boys posting all sorts of good stuff....those stainless hammer HK's are FIRE!

jewseejay jewseejay dropping all sorts of nuggets. I agree on holosun v. romeo sig 5. I've broke had 2 crap out on me. I've never had a holosun **** the bed yet.

Velle47 Velle47 good lord you got a bunch of nice stuff. I've wanted a 2 3/4 m66 for a very long time, and i like the look of the new ones with the longer ejector rod. If I could ever find one for a decent price, I'd be mighty tempted to jump.

So i sold out of the SCAR 17 I bought a few months ago. It was cool, felt the most solid of any rifle I've shot, and just flat out worked, it shot funny to me (weird ergos and recoil impulse) and I could never get any sort of consistent accuracy with it. Sold it a month ago and decided to build a pair of "twins" AR308's; one in .308 and one in 6.5 Creedmoor,. Noth have 16" stainless match barrels (308 from Rainier, 6.5 from Wilson Combat), FDE Aero M5 receivers with 12" WC rails, B5 mini Sopmods, etc. Naked, both guns come in under 8lbs, which matches the wieght of the SCAR (the 6.5 CM is actually closer 7.5 due to barrel profile). Only differences are one wears a 2.5-10 in QD mount, the other is rocking a 1-6 in a fixed Warne mount.

I'm still messing around with getting the 6.5 reliable (messing with gas port size and AGB) but the 308 was shooting well. Only had 30 rounds of handloads but 5 rounds were going into 2" with 3 out of the 5 touching. I'm also not much of a rifle shooter.

Last edited:
^^^appreciate it brother! I want a scar so badddddd but I can’t stomach 3k on one gun I might go the ar10 route for my 308

My pops just sent me this today. Just cruising around the range with his $5k Daniel defense set up :pimp:

He recently retired from his government job of 15 years, after serving 22 years in the Military prior to that. Being busy his whole life to suddenly bored af. So he picked up a full time job at his local shooting range as a range officer.

Basically all he does is drive around the multiple ranges and pits and ensures people are practicing safety and what not. It’s a private range that requires annual membership so he knows the members pretty well. A majority of them are retired military or law enforcement with plenty of disposable income. He sends me videos weekly of him shooting crazy expensive setups that the members bring out. The most chill job ever :lol:

He been telling me I needa fly out there and check things out. Just been busy lately
BA0BDBA1-C627-41BB-B35F-71968F129B9E.jpeg

First time "legal" gun owner checking in by way of the strict state of Massachusetts:smh: Here's my story...
-12/16/2021 applied for LTC, dropped off at local PD
-12/22/21 fingerprints taken. Was told Chief of Police will give the final word whether it's a yes or a No. (Massachusetts is a "may issue" state)
-1/24/22 LTC approved, Class A Unrestricted ready for pick up
-2/2/22 wanted a glock 19 gen 5 for edc, got a co worker (who is a FFL dealer) to order online, and run NCIS background check...DELAYED:angry:
-2/28/22 Background check finally CLEARED:smokin
-2/29/22 gun transferred/registered in my name
-3/1/22 gun ready for pickup
Unfortunately, Massachusetts has an active ban on weapons/magazines, so it's 10rnds mags until I come across a pre ban:nerd:
20220304_214115~2.jpg

20220304_214255.jpg

Hitting up the range tomorrow to see how well she does:pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom