NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Can you post your Shelby Cobra too?
IMG_7325.jpeg
IMG_7312.jpeg

I Itsi Man I swear as soon as I get one approved and swear im done with NFA stuff for a while an absolute killer deal pops up and I take the plunge again. Thats exactly how I ended up with the T2

jewseejay jewseejay gotta be branch davidian
friday-ice-cube.gif

Huh? I made a statement 3 years ago now that Vucic the Serbian President was rejecting western vaccines and only allowing the Chinese version in his country. Not to mention cozying up to Putin and having little respect for the ethnic Albanians of Kosovo... the writing was on the wall for an import ban. They just did it themselves. It will be renewed when the 30 days are up. Book it.

Any bolt action lovers? Looking to pick one up in the coming months. I have no clue about them, but I want it to be versatile. Long range, hunting, etc.

Any bolt action lovers? Looking to pick one up in the coming months. I have no clue about them, but I want it to be versatile. Long range, hunting, etc.
Not an expert but I have had some fun shooting them. I pretty much use my AR-15 16” to hunt here.

Thoughts on FN Reflex?
It's an internal hammer, not striker, so the trigger is gonna be different than a typical striker fired.

(Actually, to my knowledge I've never even seen, let alone fired, even dry, an internal hammer. I guess the lcp 2 was the closest?)

It's way thinner than the 509 apparently, but I learned that it doesn't have ambi controls like the 509. (To be slimmer)

That's all I really heard, it's fairly new, so not alot out yet unfortunately.

I really like the 509 I have although unrelated lol

The ATF is clearly cooking the books to lower average wait time. They've been approving stuff from July.

I was anticipating 10-11 month wait but seeing all the quick approvals has me salty lol

Rc2. Submitted March 4th. I'm at like 178 days.

I dabble a little bit…mine is strictly a long range capable toy. Howa 1500 in 6.5 Creedmoor with a heavy contour 26” barrel in a KRG bravo stock/chassis. Vortex PST II 3-15x in (lawd forgive me) monstrum tactical pro rings. Those rings are actually really solid for the price.

Understand LR and hunting guns don’t have much in common. Most hunting rifles are 7 lbs, have 22-24 inch lightweight barrels with no muzzle break and a 3-4 magazine. This makes sense for the purpose of walking around the woods, with the potential for a handful of shots over a period of time.

A long range rifle will generally have barrel lengths 24-28 inch long, heavy barrel contour to resist heat impacting the bullet. They’re often in aluminum chassis with all sorts of weights and widgets added, using standard pattern 10-12 round magazines, often coming in at 16 lbs plus. Mine with optic weighs in around 12-13 lbs. most LR shooters are using highly effective (and loud) muzzle brakes or silencers for further reduction in sight picture.

If you wanted to split the difference, the Sig Cross seems like it would be a solid choice. It has a heavier contour (16” or 18”) barrel, folding stock, magazine fed, and only weighs about 7ish lbs. my LGS has had one for a while and I like to rifle it every now and then. I’ve read about issues with earlier cross from about 2 years ago, and haven’t really kept up with them.

IMG_2490.jpeg

I’m waiting on a can submitted 1/26. I had 2 from 10/26 finally get approval 6/17 and 7/3.

Also, got approval last week for some form 1’s filed under the brace rule. I filed mine via trust and it took 13 weeks.

All that to say, ATF does whatever they feel like whenever they feel like it.

The ATF is clearly cooking the books to lower average wait time. They've been approving stuff from July.

I was anticipating 10-11 month wait but seeing all the quick approvals has me salty lol

Rc2. Submitted March 4th. I'm at like 178 days.

It's an internal hammer, not striker, so the trigger is gonna be different than a typical striker fired.

(Actually, to my knowledge I've never even seen, let alone fired, even dry, an internal hammer. I guess the lcp 2 was the closest?)

It's way thinner than the 509 apparently, but I learned that it doesn't have ambi controls like the 509. (To be slimmer)

That's all I really heard, it's fairly new, so not alot out yet unfortunately.

I really like the 509 I have although unrelated lol

I like the 509 as well. Was just trying to get a gauge between reflex and the 509c tact

I like the 509 as well. Was just trying to get a gauge between reflex and the 509c tact
Kinda two different animals

The reflex is FNs second attempt at a micro compact after the 502 (or whatever the single stack was)

Not sure what the methodology behind an internal hammer vs striker

The tactical, on the other hand, is intended as a "compact duty" role but primary shines and was designed for suppressed use

Apparently sage dynamics helped design it.....

I'd personally grab the tactical if its an either or decision; its optics ready in addition to having suppressor height sights and a threaded barrel out of the box

While nice, the reflex just seems super random to me. Again, the ambi controls are my favorite aspect of the 509.

Go tactical for sure. It was my dream gun at one point. I grabbed it and never looked back. Grabbed a can for it too. FN usually does mag promos for it around this time.

I dabble a little bit…mine is strictly a long range capable toy. Howa 1500 in 6.5 Creedmoor with a heavy contour 26” barrel in a KRG bravo stock/chassis. Vortex PST II 3-15x in (lawd forgive me) monstrum tactical pro rings. Those rings are actually really solid for the price.

Understand LR and hunting guns don’t have much in common. Most hunting rifles are 7 lbs, have 22-24 inch lightweight barrels with no muzzle break and a 3-4 magazine. This makes sense for the purpose of walking around the woods, with the potential for a handful of shots over a period of time.

A long range rifle will generally have barrel lengths 24-28 inch long, heavy barrel contour to resist heat impacting the bullet. They’re often in aluminum chassis with all sorts of weights and widgets added, using standard pattern 10-12 round magazines, often coming in at 16 lbs plus. Mine with optic weighs in around 12-13 lbs. most LR shooters are using highly effective (and loud) muzzle brakes or silencers for further reduction in sight picture.

If you wanted to split the difference, the Sig Cross seems like it would be a solid choice. It has a heavier contour (16” or 18”) barrel, folding stock, magazine fed, and only weighs about 7ish lbs. my LGS has had one for a while and I like to rifle it every now and then. I’ve read about issues with earlier cross from about 2 years ago, and haven’t really kept up with them.

IMG_2490.jpeg
Beautiful bro….I’ll do some research thanks for the starting point.

What can you running on the 509, Velle47 Velle47 ?

I got a normal 509c in a trade + cash for the evo that I used to post in here lol

(for clarity, creamincfoe creamincfoe I'd get the normal 509 tactical NOT THE COMPACT. If I had any actual gripe it'd be that I have the normal compact not a normal tactical if that makes any sense. I don't like grip extensions although FNs are the best ive personally handled)

Ideally I'd like to get a threaded barrel and run a can I just don't wanna go down that rabbit hole right now lol

What can you running on the 509, Velle47 Velle47 ?

I got a normal 509c in a trade + cash for the evo that I used to post in here lol

(for clarity, creamincfoe creamincfoe I'd get the normal 509 tactical NOT THE COMPACT. If I had any actual gripe it'd be that I have the normal compact not a normal tactical if that makes any sense. I don't like grip extensions although FNs are the best ive personally handled)

Ideally I'd like to get a threaded barrel and run a can I just don't wanna go down that rabbit hole right now lol
Go ahead and grab that 509t my dude! I run mine with the Obsidian .45 and im half way looking for an optic to put on it now. I absolutely love it.

Nah I mean I'm set on handgun. I'd like a dagger for throwaway and maybe a USP or FiveseveN but the 509c is fine for my lady.

Threaded barrels are dumb expensive but it's always an option down the road

Back
Top Bottom