NTWT 2024 | Happy New Year NTWT

Do You Prefer Yearly or Monthly Threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Vince returns and Omega/Ospreay received 6.25 stars.

It was a good 6 months in the "Bizarro World" guys and gals, as Michael Cole calls the night after WrestleMania. Mad to see things back to normal.

There were a WHOLE lot of stupid spots in that Omega/Ospreay match but Kenny was vicious with his level of aggression.

Not sure it was a 6.25.

Good match thoughl

There were a WHOLE lot of stupid spots in that Omega/Ospreay match but Kenny was vicious with his level of aggression.

Not sure it was a 6.25.

Good match thoughl
Oh you weren’t sure it was 6.25? :lol:

He’s a special, special worker and the New Japanese presentation of him really makes him feel like it. The only time I can really think of it being the same in A&W was his match with Bryanson at Ashe. Big fight feel there for sure. Was awesome. Was everything I had hoped things in A&W would be for him when the company was created.

I like his trios stuff with the Bucks too. Just want to see him be presented more serious as the special attraction type talent as a singles competitor.

Oh you weren’t sure it was 6.25? :lol:

He’s a special, special worker and the New Japanese presentation of him really makes him feel like it. The only time I can really think of it being the same in A&W was his match with Bryanson at Ashe. Big fight feel there for sure. Was awesome. Was everything I had hoped things in A&W would be for him when the company was created.

I like his trios stuff with the Bucks too. Just want to see him be presented more serious as the special attraction type talent as a singles competitor.

And the thing that I don't get is even IF he used a, "More serious gimmick"I don't think his crowd would have a problem with it.

Who ever complained about a more serious gimmick / in-ring style?

Again, when wrestlers are allowed so much creative freedom they usually don't make sound choices.

Yea, I didn't go into the match thinking it was "6.25."

I knew they would probably not be able to help themselves so I went into the match with caution.

B Sox B Sox

And the thing that I don't get is even IF he used a, "More serious gimmick"I don't think his crowd would have a problem with it.

Who ever complained about a more serious gimmick / in-ring style?

Again, when wrestlers are allowed so much creative freedom they usually don't make sound choices.
If Kenny would quit working (while in AEW) like he's a DBZ character and start working like a top level pro wrestler he'd be 100x's more fun to watch..His match with Ocean Spray was so much better than anything he's done from AEW cause he's not in that great of ring shape and it forced him to slow down..Now his mannerisms were still like watching Frieza, but at least his moves weren't so all over the place like usual..

I still think the main event was better though..I really loved the performance that Switchblade put on..Excellent hell work from start to finish..Even the post match presser was outstanding..

Jason White definitely has IT. I remember folks kinda scoffed at him when he was debuted in New Japanese too. He’s done everything you could’ve asked.

Still think him and Osprey NEED to come over to A&W or WWE while in their primes though.

Jason White definitely has IT. I remember folks kinda scoffed at him when he was debuted in New Japanese too. He’s done everything you could’ve asked.

Still think him and Osprey NEED to come over to A&W or WWE while in their primes though.
Agreed..They need to cash in while they still can..Getting all the propers overseas is a great thing, but not nearly as great as cashing huge checks on American soil..

Look at LeSabre Sr and Ibushi..Until he won the D-Level TV title belt ZSJ had never held NJPW gold while in the company..He could've been making huge money over here if he'd have signed with WWE and probably would've been a CW/NXT/IC/US champ several times over by this point..And is Koala Bearshi even still alive?..

Agreed..They need to cash in while they still can..Getting all the propers overseas is a great thing, but not nearly as great as cashing huge checks on American soil..

Look at LeSabre Sr and Ibushi..Until he won the D-Level TV title belt ZSJ had never held NJPW gold while in the company..He could've been making huge money over here if he'd have signed with WWE and probably would've been a CW/NXT/IC/US champ several times over by this point..And is Koala Bearshi even still alive?..
I’d be interested to see the difference in cash AJ brought in in his WWE run compared to being IN JAPAN, or TNA or whatever.

I totally understand wanting to wrestle IN JAPAN. I completely get why someone like Sasha did it. Dean Ambrose too.

What I don’t get, if you’re a fluent English speaker, is not wanting to show you can be THE GUY in front of a North American crowd where you can absolutely get more notoriety and make WAY more money. Especially when you’ve already had matches with everybody over there.

I’d be interested to see the difference in cash AJ brought in in his WWE run compared to being IN JAPAN, or TNA or whatever.

I totally understand wanting to wrestle IN JAPAN. I completely get why someone like Sasha did it. Dean Ambrose too.

What I don’t get, if you’re a fluent English speaker, is not wanting to show you can be THE GUY in front of a North American crowd where you can absolutely get more notoriety and make WAY more money. Especially when you’ve already had matches with everybody over there.
I feel like I've been saying this, and catching flack for it, for about 8 yrs now..Having earned your peers, and fans, respect is an amazing thing that shouldn't be looked down on..But making life changing money to have for the 40 yrs after you're done with pro wrestling (or better yet after pro wrestling is done with you) is waaaayyyyy more important..Y'all can keep your 6.25 :emoji_star:matches and your "creative freedom"..I'll take a check with an extra 0 or two on it..

Should’ve got that Nakamura money. He’s better too.
Nakamura did everything he could in Japan..Got all the titles and main events..Then he came to American and got paid..Now it don't matter what he does cause he's got the money to live a good life..All my dude wants to do is spend time with his family and surf..WWE has afforded him that opportunity much more than NJPW did..And even though I would like him to go back and get 1 more run in for NJPW, I wouldn't be mad at him 1 bit for staying the WWE and continue to make as much money as he can for as long as they'll have him..

Fl5mARGaAAEf7Id

Again, how (modern) American Pro Wrestling isn't able to elevate secondary titles to headline shows is one of the bigger failures of the industry.
Always jealous of how other combat sports get it right.

Back
Top Bottom