NY got the Superbowl 2014 ....

just got announced, im definitely gonna try and get tickets
pimp.gif

I would pay extra for a ticket if it guaranteed the Jets were in it.

Congrats to New York, but this is going to suck royally for whatever teams make it. 

The super bowl champion could be decided by who slips less, and who is wearing better cleats, and if you can throw the ball 5 yards at a time. 
smh.gif
  Disgusting. 

I know it's big money wise for the league, but play wise, this is a horrible move. 
tired.gif

CP, but the AFC or NFC champ could be determined by the same things. The entire playoffs could be played in the snow, doesn't make the winners any less valid.

Football is played outside, in the elements, it snows, it rains, players get dirty. I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

What? I thought Warm City > Cold City ?

I'm glad the NFL is finally turning it around.

NY is the only cold city that will get it because everything they offer OFF THE FILED

Originally Posted by CP1708

Congrats to New York, but this is going to suck royally for whatever teams make it. 

The super bowl champion could be decided by who slips less, and who is wearing better cleats, and if you can throw the ball 5 yards at a time. 
smh.gif
  Disgusting. 

I know it's big money wise for the league, but play wise, this is a horrible move. 
tired.gif
That's a knucklehead excuse. Flat out lame.

No one worries about that stuff during regular season. Some of the best & most exciting games are cold weather games. That's what football is supposed to be.

The only reason the Superbowl has been held in warm weather cities the last bunch of years is because of CORPORATE interests not because the NFL is concerned with something stupid like the players slipping on the field. Corporate people like to have their little Superbowl vacation in warm weather. Not this year.
pimp.gif

^
Tell ya what, have commercials sellin for 3 million for 30 seconds, 80 million viewers tune in, and then watch the game be 3-0 that looks like a great big pile up at midfield the whole game, then tell me how great that Super Bowl will be. 

I get that playoff games can be in bad weather, and that's fine, this will be no different, New York in early Feb is going to be brutal and it will kill the biggest game of each season. 

Of course die hards will still watch, but casual fans will get fed up with lack of scoring/no action real quick. 

Imagine Peyton V Brees in high winds, with rain and or snow this year.  Would have RUINED that game. 
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom