NY got the Superbowl 2014 ....

i was just watching the news and they showed the weather for the last 5 years around superbowl time and the avg temp was 44. no snow either.

i know it means nothing, just a reference ..........

pimp.gif

These dudes acting like the sky is falling "OMG its gonna be too cold! Let's all think about the players for once."

Pull your skirts up b

CP...either you're making assumptions based on your perception or just trying to stir the pot.

I can tell you there wasn't any snow at the time of the Super Bowl this year, but somehow it's automatically gonna be snowing that weekend in 2014? Who the *#$@ are you, Nostradamus?

Isn't it just as likely to be raining heavily in Florida and players would be slipping, need better cleats, etc?

New York is a great city, so Im not trying to put it down, but this was a mistake. The weather is too big of a factor.

What if there is a blizzard the day of the game and they cant play? You going to play the Super Bowl the next day on Monday? Yes, I understand it wasnt snowing there the last few years at that time either, but you cant predict it. Hell it was icy in Atlanta that one year, you cant predict mother nature.

If I am Chicago, Denver, Washington, etc... I am extremely pissed off right now. If NYC gets a Super Bowl then everyone should. Its really a shame that it is coming to this.

ahh yes, i saw the news an hour ago and I decided to see the responses on Niketalk

exactly what I expected to read
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

New York is a great city, so Im not trying to put it down, but this was a mistake. The weather is too big of a factor.

What if there is a blizzard the day of the game and they cant play? You going to play the Super Bowl the next day on Monday? Yes, I understand it wasnt snowing there the last few years at that time either, but you cant predict it. Hell it was icy in Atlanta that one year, you cant predict mother nature.

If I am Chicago, Denver, Washington, etc... I am extremely pissed off right now. If NYC gets a Super Bowl then everyone should. Its really a shame that it is coming to this.

Seattle Should jump in this now!

Qwest Field >>>>>>

ddot7 wrote:
CP...either you're making assumptions based on your perception or just trying to stir the pot.

I can tell you there wasn't any snow at the time of the Super Bowl this year, but somehow it's automatically gonna be snowing that weekend in 2014? Who the *#$@ are you, Nostradamus?

Isn't it just as likely to be raining heavily in Florida and players would be slipping, need better cleats, etc?

Then I hope for the best.  If there's no snow, then great, I hope that's the case, I'm merely asking if it would be worth the risk. 

I get what the league is doing.  No doubt they want that New York money, the venue looks like it will be great, and obviously we are 4 years away (3.5, whatever) but IF a super bowl is played like the Ice Bowl was, that would be a major shame imo.  Know what I'm sayin? 

And I don't just mean snow.  High winds, lotta rain, whatever.  

If it's 44 with no moisture, or at least minimal and not bad winds, I can live with that.  But the alternative, I just don't know if that's worth the risk is all. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

If it's 44 with no moisture, or at least minimal and not bad winds, I can live with that.  But the alternative, I just don't know if that's worth the risk is all. 

You don't have to live with it...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Gmen in 2014!!

Nah, I hear you and I get why they've typically avoided cold weather atmospheres for games but it's not really fair when people automatically focus on the worst case scenario, ignoring a lot of the positives. I know being from NY, my view is skewed but I also think that football is fun as a cold weather sport, inlcuding playing in the elements.

Back
Top Bottom