NY NT'ers check this thread. Help/Information is needed. Vol. I love NY

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

brownsville would be a good place to start looking in that price range

Are you trying to get him killed or robbed?  The heights would be a better option.

Originally Posted by jehims

Originally Posted by jay23oth

Bro don't stay in south side Bronx, lol you def see that. Try fordham or maybe even Riverdale area right nice & cozy out there. 
tongue.gif
Riverdale is a great neighborhood in the Bronx...the only place I'll live in the Bronx. But good luck trying to find a place for $500.
Try looking for studios, instead of one bedroom apts. They should be a little cheaper, but it's still going to be tough finding a place for $500.
1 br apts in the ok side of bronx/brooklyn/qns is going to cost 950+
1 br apts in above ok side of bx/bk/qns is going to cost 1100+
studios in queens in above ok side of qns is going to cost about 800+
you can prolly find a studio in brownsville, south bx, or qb for about $500+ lol - i dont recommend this at all...

try places like sunnyside, forest hills, astoria...im not too familiar with bk and avoid the bx. It's too far from the city, unless you enjoy 30+ minutes in the subway with some unusual people
how much are you getting paid? Is $500 the max? try going up another 200-300$ and that should allow you find a place easier.

Thanks for info. Well if everything will be ok I'm going to work as a salesman, $10/hour befores taxes, but employeer promises only 30hours/week. Of course it i have a chance and still enough energy I'll look for a second job. Yeah I'd go extra 200-300, but still I'l have to pay for transport ($120/month for metro if I heard correctly, although I'l try for cheaper solution) and also food, going out to a bar or smh or buying goods.

naw listen, 500$ is really hard to come by. I mean HARD. If you come with roomates, your be iight. But If your working in the city, you can try looking around Harlem, The Heights, Fordham, even BK. There all close to the city where if you work late your be iight. Getting a pt time job will be easy. Especially in the food business. The city will pay you ok. pt about 100$-150$ a week sounds about right. But hit your NY NTer's up when you get here. Show you around
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Intrigant

Bro don't stay in south side Bronx, lol you def see that. Try fordham or maybe even Riverdale area right nice & cozy out there. 
tongue.gif
Riverdale is a great neighborhood in the Bronx...the only place I'll live in the Bronx. But good luck trying to find a place for $500.
Try looking for studios, instead of one bedroom apts. They should be a little cheaper, but it's still going to be tough finding a place for $500.
1 br apts in the ok side of bronx/brooklyn/qns is going to cost 950+
1 br apts in above ok side of bx/bk/qns is going to cost 1100+
studios in queens in above ok side of qns is going to cost about 800+
you can prolly find a studio in brownsville, south bx, or qb for about $500+ lol - i dont recommend this at all...

try places like sunnyside, forest hills, astoria...im not too familiar with bk and avoid the bx. It's too far from the city, unless you enjoy 30+ minutes in the subway with some unusual people
how much are you getting paid? Is $500 the max? try going up another 200-300$ and that should allow you find a place easier.

Thanks for info. Well if everything will be ok I'm going to work as a salesman, $10/hour befores taxes, but employeer promises only 30hours/week. Of course it i have a chance and still enough energy I'll look for a second job. Yeah I'd go extra 200-300, but still I'l have to pay for transport ($120/month for metro if I heard correctly, although I'l try for cheaper solution) and also food, going out to a bar or smh or buying goods.
looks like you will be making about $1050-1100. If you spend $700 on rent, you will have about $400 to spend. Take another $110 for unlimited metrocard and maybe another $40 just in case you need to take the cab or other transportation. You will have about $250 to spend freely on food and going out. Theres a lot of cheap affordable places to eat in the city, or better yet...just cook at home. Most bars charge about $7 a beer and clubs have $20+ cover fee and their drinks are more expensive.
Just ask your parents to give you $1000 as pocket money and you should be fine!

OOO and please avoid Brownsville. 
indifferent.gif
. Not that your get killed, but its just a crap hole to live in or by. Harlem > Brownsville. Bk is only 30 min. away. Its not as long as you think.

tongue.gif
Riverdale is a great neighborhood in the Bronx...the only place I'll live in the Bronx. 
Country club>riverdale. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

tongue.gif
Riverdale is a great neighborhood in the Bronx...the only place I'll live in the Bronx. 
Country club>riverdale. 

There are several nice neighborhoods in the Bronx, despite popular conception. Riverdale, Woodlawn, Pelham Bay, Country Club, Belmont etc. But they're still not especially affordable. Your best bet is to sublet a room my man.

yea country club nice too but i live in Riverdale. Country Club no mass transit near. No trains which sucks.

Bro Country Club heavy concentration of Italian community, I bet you Italian bro? Yea 6 train is deep. You need a whip lol

Originally Posted by leothegod

try lower westchester. pretty sure you can find a room or studio for around that price. New Rochelle, Mt. Vernon, Yonkers, or Pelham

what he said.

try new ro or even bronxville

Theres not a studio in the whole city that is available for $500. Cheapest are probably around $700 where youll be living in a open sewer environment. You'll have to find roommates and rent a room, you should be able to find a place for $500, but it will be very small, far from any train, and probably in a boring area of the city. If you were to up your budget a bit to $700 you'll have a lot more options and could probably find a nice place in a somewhat desirable area on Brooklyn or Queens. From my experience, if you're really committed you should be able to find a job within a week or two, easily making $100-200/week

Even the hood is mad expensive now in nyc. I would be shocked if u can find a studio in the ville for $500

Originally Posted by JayInfamous22

naw listen, 500$ is really hard to come by. I mean HARD. If you come with roomates, your be iight. But If your working in the city, you can try looking around Harlem, The Heights, Fordham, even BK. There all close to the city where if you work late your be iight. Getting a pt time job will be easy. Especially in the food business. The city will pay you ok. pt about 100$-150$ a week sounds about right. But hit your NY NTer's up when you get here. Show you around
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I'll definitely do that
pimp.gif

Also about sneakers. Are there any sneaker outlet stores in NY? Because I'm right, taxes in NY are biggest in US, so getting new sneakers will be quite expensive?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Brownsville, East NY, Crown Heights and the whole South Bronx are great places with affordable rent.

all the worse parts of nyc 
from what your telling him he might as well move to valentine ave in the bronx

i'm sure he can find a 3 bedroom apt with old police tape still stuck on the door for $525.00 a month 

valentine ave is like the late 80's early 90's

even google earth dont cover the whole area up there 

Anywhere in the Lower East Side >>>>

the women,the bars,soho,nightlife etcetc ftw.

goodluck trying to find a apartment for there 500 tho.

Back
Top Bottom