NY slang appreciation Vol. Son is a burger

Originally Posted by kilojules64

I didn't know "burger" had another meaning here...
My friends and I have just always called fat girls burgers.

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure AirForce1King is right Animal Thug. All that slang (except for maybe real talk which I think is from Oakland) goes way back in NY. Fam used to be Fam-O and just got shortened.

Oh and as someone mentioned above Burger was another word for cornball, not a basketball thing. And we definitely used it widely uptown, so it wasn't just a BK thing either.

I'm pretty sure AirForce1King is right Animal Thug. All that slang (except for maybe real talk which I think is from Oakland) goes way back in NY. Fam used to be Fam-O and just got shortened.

Oh and as someone mentioned above Burger was another word for cornball, not a basketball thing. And we definitely used it widely uptown, so it wasn't just a BK thing either.

I stay in General too much. As soon as I saw 'burger' I knew it was gonna be someone posting who was in the fake gucci wallet one as well. Haha.

Bout tobpump all my Wu-Tang cds just to hear that ol' NY slang in comedic form...

I stay in General too much. As soon as I saw 'burger' I knew it was gonna be someone posting who was in the fake gucci wallet one as well. Haha.

Bout tobpump all my Wu-Tang cds just to hear that ol' NY slang in comedic form...

Slang off the top of my head that I use w/my ppl:
Wylin - crazy
Pop Off - Start somethin
Beat - freak off
We say mad alot (that's mad money)
We say yo & SON ALOOOTTT
We also say OD...
A pop "a jump off"

Brooklyn Stand up, though

Wylin - crazy
Pop Off - Start somethin
Beat - freak off
We say yo & SON ALOOOTTT
We also say OD...
A pop "a jump off"

Originally Posted by Stixx

Wylin - crazy
Pop Off - Start somethin
Beat - freak off
We say yo & SON ALOOOTTT
We also say OD...
A pop "a jump off"

I think everyone in the area uses these.

Originally Posted by Stixx

Wylin - crazy
Pop Off - Start somethin
Beat - freak off
We say yo & SON ALOOOTTT
We also say OD...
A pop "a jump off"

I think everyone in the area uses these.

the hell are you talkin about? NY didn't make that word up. My girl was out in Australia a few years back, she said the locals been using slang like that for years. Why NY dudes always trying to take credit for things they have no part in creating?
laugh.gif

-The Juice

the hell are you talkin about? NY didn't make that word up. My girl was out in Australia a few years back, she said the locals been using slang like that for years. Why NY dudes always trying to take credit for things they have no part in creating?
laugh.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by krazy88s

^ But how do you know they didn't get it from NYC?
But why is it just automatically accepted that New York created it? Calling another man a "burger" is a lame attempt at slang, if you ask me. Why on earth would New Yorkers want to clame that garbage? Specially when "burger" was highly publicised as a good looking female on The Cosby Show.

.....Either way.... I don't care, I'm black. We set the standard on whats 'cool' in America. You all debate on where this came from but ultimately it will make its way to the suburbs and every white kid from NY to LA is going to butcher the hell out of it, Filipinos along with other Asians are going to continue to jock the hell out of our style, and then come on NT OD'ing on the language....sooooo at the end of the day, does it really matter where it came from?

*shrugs*

-The Juice

Originally Posted by krazy88s

^ But how do you know they didn't get it from NYC?
But why is it just automatically accepted that New York created it? Calling another man a "burger" is a lame attempt at slang, if you ask me. Why on earth would New Yorkers want to clame that garbage? Specially when "burger" was highly publicised as a good looking female on The Cosby Show.

.....Either way.... I don't care, I'm black. We set the standard on whats 'cool' in America. You all debate on where this came from but ultimately it will make its way to the suburbs and every white kid from NY to LA is going to butcher the hell out of it, Filipinos along with other Asians are going to continue to jock the hell out of our style, and then come on NT OD'ing on the language....sooooo at the end of the day, does it really matter where it came from?

*shrugs*

-The Juice

Back
Top Bottom