NY State court officer test?

Lucky bastard. When I called, registration was closed.
mad.gif

I have no clue what's on it, though. Sorry.

I took it. No need to study, everything you need to know is in the test (reading passages, common sense, etc.). "The hiring pay rate is $39,771.Appointees in nyc, nassau, suffolk, rockland and westchester counties will get $3697 in annual location pay. Appointees in dutchess, orange and putnam countiesget a $1848 in annual location pay. After a satisfactory two year traineeship program, you are then appointed to the tile of NYS Court Officer, where theannual pay rate is $49,777 as of April 1, 2010."

Copied from a "Study Packet" I got

I took it not too long ago. First part was reading a small story that you needed to memorize. They take the page away from you, let ten min go by and then theygive you the entire test. Only the first ten questions were about the story. They asked questions like who was the commanding officer? Where did they arrestthe suspect? What was the victim wearing? Etc. After that, there is a bunch of questions based on common sense and how you should act in certain situations.The last part is evaluating how you do with numbers. They gave me a sheet of how many crimes were commited in court and who was involved and if there was aweapon. All these aspects were marked by numbers. For example if there was a weapon, it would be marked with a 1 in a certain column. If a prisoner wasinvolved it would be marked with a 5 in another column. Etc. The entire test was multiple choice and everything was in your face. A ton of stuff you read fromthe study aid won't be on the test.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ pretty much summed it up. i took it last month, pretty simple. hopefully i did good enough to be on top of the calling list
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom