NYC ballers Sept Laguardia community College, Come Ball with Niketalks finest, Date soon to be postd

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

You can barely see *%#+ though
grin.gif
Thats the only way u can make it an avy, anything bigger is over the limit.

72u1bp.gif

2eel83s.gif

YO tru
pimp.gif
good looks son.. apprecaite that... and your right about the avy.. guess im gonna keep my old 1
frown.gif

that dude shot like 66.67% from the field against me
laugh.gif

So did dude with the red shorts on throwing Fresh the oop, when we played Utah, his stepback was draining my eyes out.

Yall got some different #*% rules here than where I'm from

I never heard of Utah, 5pts for a free throw (we even shot from the ft line) and it doesn't count if it's not a pure make

Inbounding the ball from the wing angle instead of direct top middle of the key, and rarely checking

Inbounding from the side

Switching baskets

We didn't have an "and 1" call controversy though, those are always different in every gym.

I never played Utah in my life, I just played 21.
laugh.gif

I liked that we rarely checked, dudes runnin' = better games.

Mez 0ne wrote:
laugh.gif

Utah is basically 21, except that every basket is 5 and you can't hit the backboard on FT's. I grew up on Utah, 21 is foreign to me.2's and 1's right?

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Mez 0ne wrote:
laugh.gif

Utah is basically 21, except that every basket is 5 and you can't hit the backboard on FT's. I grew up on Utah, 21 is foreign to me. 2's and 1's right?

so i can make 4 shots and a FT then I'm the winner
laugh.gif
grin.gif
. C'mon and who is hitting backboard on FT's...Dwight Howard?

Mez 0ne wrote:
laugh.gif

Utah is basically 21, except that every basket is 5 and you can't hit the backboard on FT's. I grew up on Utah, 21 is foreign to me. 2's and 1's right?

I'm out on the west coast and I've never heard of Utah. 21 is a staple out here, but there are so many variations to 21 out here toothough.

-The game starts off with a freethrow. If you're starting the game off and make the initial freethrow you get 2 pts and each subsequent freethrow is worth1 pt. I've also seen the initial freethrow worth 0, it just means you get first posession of the ball and will have to check it up top.

-3 freethrows max per score, 2 pts for top of the key shot

-You MUST score 21 exactly. Any freethrow or top of the key shot that would give you 21 and you miss, you revert back to 15.

-After getting 21, you have to sink the top of the key shot or you revert back to 15, unless you shot a top of the key shot to get to 21.

-NO FOULS

-No boundaries

And then there's TIP 21 which is a whole another animal itself.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Mez 0ne wrote:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Utah is too 100, so youll need a lot more than 4 baskets....
grin.gif
laugh.gif

I lived in VA. for a while so i spent a lotta time playin 21 & UTAH, theyre basically the same thing with a few tweaks thrown in...

ive played utah up tp 100 or 200 and on free throws if you miss the other players can tap you out and you go to 0 and tthe player who tapped you out gains 10instead of 5

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Mez 0ne wrote:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

In UTah game is 105. 21x5 = 105. And in if the ball bounces around the rim and hits the backboard it doesnt count. Even Nash has that happen to him.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

word I play ball in the Bronx all the time, I've heard of 32, 21, and 50 what the hell is Utah?
laugh.gif

I assumed everyone in NYC at least knew what Utah was.

Aug 11? Thats a minute from now so everyone should be able to see what their schedule is looking like.

I'm out on training for 6 weeks starting July 6th. I'll be back in the city on the weekends but I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it.I'll definitely try though.

Back
Top Bottom